Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 1:33 AM
Default Things that make me want to "shout forbidden words!"
Why don't we have cheap object that my sims could play catch with! In TS3, there were baseballs, footballs, frisbees, hacky-sacks, and soccer balls. It was the quickest way for two sims to up their fun and their relationship value at the same time.

Or alarm clocks. In TS2 and TS3, you could get an alarm clock and set it to go off 2 hours before they needed to be at work/school. Now I have to watch the clock and wake them manually. I thought there was an alarm feature on their phone, but no.

Or a way to send a sim back to work/school if they need to come back home for some reason. Like if your sim leaves before taking a shower after their morning jog.

Add yours!

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 11:47 PM
here is a working alarm clock for sims 4 https://scumbumbomods.com/
Scholar
#3 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 12:29 AM
There are quite a lot of things to do for both fun and relationships
depends on which packs you own, but some BG stuff too

basketball, soccer, ping pong, foosball , fishing, cards, chess, video games, arcade games, darts, dancing (when you invite sims to dance), water balloon/snow/mud fight, cloud/stargazing, swings
for kids most of the above apply with the addition of jungle gyms, monkey bars, building blocks, toys and dollhouses

The best way to do it is by grouping sims up (using Actions > Add to Group) then clicking on an object > ____ together
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 1:45 AM
I don't know, it's like since the patch my teen and child sims have stuck fun meters. Or maybe they're depressed? I've played in two or three different houses and they're not regaining fun motive during the night. I have good bathing facilities in the houses and they're not regaining fun from bathing. They're also not regaining fun from playing cards, basketball, or many other fun activities. The only things they seem to be gaining fun from lately are listening to music/dancing, watching tv, and playing video games.

Scholar
#5 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 11:14 AM
Are you using any mods/cc?
if so, did you took it all out already to see if it helps with this bug?
it's not supposed to be like that, just so you'll know..
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 1:32 PM
I think it was an interaction between two different tuning mods, I took out the last one I added in and it seems to be better-ish. I'm still having the problem where fun isn't coming up/down to medium with sleep, but I'm not above dragging the bar there manually.

Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 11:59 PM
Why are the dolls houses so ****ing huge? Coming from Sims 2 I thought it would be nice for my child to play with a dollhouse in the corner of her room. Haha, what a joke - both houses take up half the room. WT? Then I saw a pram and thought that would be nice for the child, but it's ****ing tiny! WT? Then I thought it would be a great idea to build a childcare centre... where to put it? I'm new to Sims 4, as you can tell, so the differences and limitations are apparent.
Scholar
#8 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
Why are the dolls houses so ****ing huge? Coming from Sims 2 I thought it would be nice for my child to play with a dollhouse in the corner of her room. Haha, what a joke - both houses take up half the room. WT? Then I saw a pram and thought that would be nice for the child, but it's ****ing tiny! WT? Then I thought it would be a great idea to build a childcare centre... where to put it? I'm new to Sims 4, as you can tell, so the differences and limitations are apparent.

You can scale objects up and down by using Shift +[ and Shift + ]
it works well for the dollhouses, but I wouldn't scale it down more than once
keep in mind to leave space for 2 sims to seat near by it (2 tiles IIRC)

don't scale up the pram though, sim kids hold it in their hands when they play with it and it won't look right.

about childcare center, I'm not sure what you mean but you can own a daycare on your sim's home lot or on a different lot using LittleMsSam's More Buyable Venues and Live In business mods.
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...enue-types-this
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...t-traits-to-the

if you're new to mods please make sure to look trough tutorials about installation (while making sure they are from recent years and not too old)
and always read the mod description of what you're downloading before you do so.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 3:57 AM
Thanks for that. I just discovered you can resize objects. Shame about the pram. There seem to be a lot of toys that kids can't interact with - they can only 'view'. Thanks for the tip about business mods. Appreciated.
Scholar
#10 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 8:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
There seem to be a lot of toys that kids can't interact with - they can only 'view'.

Those are decorative objects, so yeah..
but there are lots of other objects which sim kids can interact with and things they can do
(the list is quite big, depends on which packs you own..)
you just gotta explore some more

I love the kids life stage, I feel like it's the most fun
and with the addition of certain mods, it's even more fun

check out this mod which allow them to do even more
https://modthesims.info/d/635907/ta...s-sim-mods.html

and another fun one for kids - First Love by the brilliant LittleMsSam again
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...omething-that-i
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 1:47 PM
I size the dollhouse down until it's 1x2 squares in most builds and it works fine. The only place I've left it the original size is in the Newcrest library. I miss kids being able to play tag and catch. It was nice to see them running around.

Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 7:33 PM
I do this to myself so I really shouldn't complain... I get frustrated in CAS because I can't find things easily due to the volume of stuff I've downloaded. So I decide that I'm going to take everything out and look at it and be more intentional about putting things in. In the process of looking up what things are I end up downloading more stuff and undo the effort of sorting through all the cc.

Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 1:00 AM
This game has annoyances. I sent my Sim off to fish but he wouldn't. He just stood there. I read to get rid of rare seeds out of inventory but he had none.
I directed another Sim to paint but when clicking on the easel there was only the option to put in inventory. Paint classic.. was greyed out. What the hell?
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 2:03 PM
From now on I'm calling the trap where you build a pool with a fence all around it and a jump platform in one side, "The Pitcher Plant." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitcher_plant

Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 3:33 AM
For me its the fact you can't have multiple houses. I have hundreds of thousands of Simoleans why can't I own a residential apartment in the city and a residential summer house in the country. That and the shortage of larger 64 x 64 to 50 x 50 lots available for us to build on without knocking something down.
Instructor
#16 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Senko
For me its the fact you can't have multiple houses. I have hundreds of thousands of Simoleans why can't I own a residential apartment in the city and a residential summer house in the country. That and the shortage of larger 64 x 64 to 50 x 50 lots available for us to build on without knocking something down.

I'm hoping that that will come in a future or even the last pack as apartments were in past iterations. I don't know why they do this at the ends though. I could see an entrepreneur pack of building a business with one business being buying, building, redecoration of lots and renting them out........Your other Sims could gain skills getting employment with those employers. Others could build factories or crime syndicates with all those businesses entail.....All would require a new city world of going to the Head Office with your sim. ..........
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 12:26 PM
Trying to socialize...

Everything else works fine but when it comes to socializing my Sim often just stands around until the other one is gone (and they weren't even about to leave when I selected them).
Test Subject
#18 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 1:11 PM Last edited by Senko : 13th Jul 2020 at 1:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kusurusu
Trying to socialize...

Everything else works fine but when it comes to socializing my Sim often just stands around until the other one is gone (and they weren't even about to leave when I selected them).

Then you cancel it to send them to work or something and they decide NOW they have to run off to speak to the sim so you have to recance the interaction that just showed back up and drag them back to do what you just told them too. I've had it elsewhere but social is the biggest offender of the cancel and reappear issue.

I'd also like to add the amount of care that insect farms take to keep them from dying.
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 3:53 AM
Why must sims wake up the instant their hygiene bar hits red? Know what people don't tend to do? Wake up at 3:00 AM because they need a shower. People discover they need to shower when their alarm goes off at 6:00 AM. Also, people can easily persuade themselves that they can wait to shower if they do wake up at three in the morning and go back to sleep. If a sim wakes up in the night for any reason? Good luck getting them back to sleep. Worse than a human child.

Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 17th Jul 2020 at 4:21 AM
So I tried celebrating the first Halloween in the neighbhourhood and evidently chose things that aren't possible without extra stuff packs. "Carve a pumpkin", it suggested. Where? Where do I get this pumpkin from? Turns out you need the pumpkin carving bench (really?) in order to do so. 'Interact with ghosts....' it said or use the 'pipe organ'. What ghosts? What aliens? Where is this pipe organ? The game should recognise that I don't have the items it suggests using. I've read conflicting advice about ghosts - that they show up in base game (or seasons, since holidays come with seasons) or that if you celebrate Remembrance Day first they should show up, while others say you need Spooky Stuff. In any case, there were no ghosts, and the costumes were predominantly Star Wars. Lame.
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Jul 2020 at 9:47 PM
Ghosts are a base game life state, but if no one has died and you don't have any places that are supposed to be haunted, then they would be hard to find since graveyards aren't a thing in this game.

Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 7:20 PM Last edited by tunafishfish : 19th Jul 2020 at 7:31 PM.
WTF happened to Charles Burb?!?!? I was in Manage Worlds and was looking for something and I noticed that the Burb family only had 3 people in it. So I go back to the Landgraabs and have Malcolm check the school portal and Charles isn't on the list. I am ready to burn the whole town down if I don't find Charles or at least what happened to him. I raised that sim up from a child! He is the first sim I ever completed a childhood aspiration on. He looked like Andy Samberg. I am FINDING that sim!

EDIT: Went into the Burb family and summoned him to their home using MCCC and then Shift-Clicked him back into the family, saved and went back to Manage Worlds. No clue where he went or why. He wasn't in any of the other houses nor out of world households. MCCC, you got some 'splaining to do!

Scholar
#23 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
WTF happened to Charles Burb?!?!? I was in Manage Worlds and was looking for something and I noticed that the Burb family only had 3 people in it. So I go back to the Landgraabs and have Malcolm check the school portal and Charles isn't on the list. I am ready to burn the whole town down if I don't find Charles or at least what happened to him. I raised that sim up from a child! He is the first sim I ever completed a childhood aspiration on. He looked like Andy Samberg. I am FINDING that sim!

EDIT: Went into the Burb family and summoned him to their home using MCCC and then Shift-Clicked him back into the family, saved and went back to Manage Worlds. No clue where he went or why. He wasn't in any of the other houses nor out of world households. MCCC, you got some 'splaining to do!

Did you change anything in your settings? the default ones shouldn't cause it
if you change settings it's best to check on the website what everything means, to avoid mistakes.
either way you should find your sim in Manage Households, possibly not under your favorites, but together with the random NPCs..

check if you got this enabled:
MCCC > MC Population > Moving Settings > Move single Sims
it should be disabled by default.

also check if you've got this disabled:
MCCC > MC Population > Moving Settings > Bypass Played Households
it should be enabled by default.
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Did you change anything in your settings? the default ones shouldn't cause it
if you change settings it's best to check on the website what everything means, to avoid mistakes.
either way you should find your sim in Manage Households, possibly not under your favorites, but together with the random NPCs..

check if you got this enabled:
MCCC > MC Population > Moving Settings > Move single Sims
it should be disabled by default.

also check if you've got this disabled:
MCCC > MC Population > Moving Settings > Bypass Played Households
it should be enabled by default.

My settings are as you describe. There is no reason why he would've moved out. I'm just thankful I was able to get him back, I was really looking forward to playing him as a teen.

Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 4:11 AM
I wanna state, FTR, that I don't mind having fat sims. I mind having *suddenly* fat sims. Like sims that were their normal shape and size when I was playing them, and once I move on, the next time I see them around town they've gained 50 lbs. All of a sudden, Nancy Landgraab is a size 18. She's a good looking woman, but she was a size 6 three days ago when I left there and she seems to be jogging a normal amount around town. Mortimer Goth has a gut. Daniel Pleasant has jowls or a goiter? I know GTW added illness, but hypothyroid and gout seem a bit advanced for EA...

Page 1 of 3