Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2022 at 7:28 AM
Default Possible New World Need Ideas/Theme Suggestions
I know I am an idiot, as have about 4 other worlds close to being done, soooooooooo .... I am playing with a possible new one to work on. Not sure where might want to go with this? Do not really want fairy or elves or Asian? I wanted some roads as too big to travel by foot all the time. Odds are a heck of a lot of Sims will take boats or swim? This is playing with a community center/central lot of some sort? I plan for this world to use RH rugs.

What are your ideas for this if it looks at all interesting? Let me play a bit with a residence and see what I come up with?

Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Nov 2022 at 9:56 AM
Playing. Not sure if want to go this direction or not? Opinions?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2022 at 9:57 AM

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Nov 2022 at 10:00 AM
transport stations

Scholar
#5 Old 15th Nov 2022 at 9:02 PM
It looks like a challenge!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Nov 2022 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
It looks like a challenge!

Not sure if that is good or not? LOL! I will keep going at least a while longer and see what happens? I maybe should do an export and see how Sims get around it with such a strange layout?
Scholar
#7 Old 24th Nov 2022 at 8:29 PM
On the good-to-bad scale, being challenging is neutral. Specifically, I thought routing and lot placement would be difficult, but maybe that's part of the package?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Nov 2022 at 11:10 PM
I have done one more lot and am working on another. I should do an export to see how well Sims can move around this place? or not?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I have done one more lot and am working on another. I should do an export to see how well Sims can move around this place? or not?

I think you really should. I always export worlds at 20% completion just to see how the routing is. The worst thing you can do is wait until everything is completed to play test the world, only to find that you have to rip everything apart or that your innovative layout can't work without tons of workarounds.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 8:14 PM
I did an export and so far there are no problems. I had my tester Sim who had a car and she took that all over. There were some tourists that showed up and were visiting the lots. I put my Sim in one place on a branch and said to go to next one and she swam across. I have done one more lot and started another but have not posted photos so far as there does not seem to be much interest in this here.

I will keep going. One good thing is if does not work well I can use the lots elsewhere later if wanted. I have done that in the past.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 8:25 PM Last edited by thesims1depot : 9th Dec 2022 at 12:43 AM.
@daisylee: That's great news about the routing! And yes, recycling lots is always a good idea when a world doesn't work out.