Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Dec 2022 at 10:35 AM Last edited by ZibZib : 5th Dec 2022 at 9:54 AM.
Default CC Magic is not working [solved]
Last Tuesday I start having problem with cc magic. The night before I was playing in Boroughsburg and sometimes there my game crashes. That night the computer crashed. The next day I tried to run CCMagic to play the game but it won't start. Those days when the problem started I had no internet connection so there was no updates, I didn't add any custom content or mods, there was no change at all.
The Cc Magic log says this:
Fatal | [CCMagic.App] -- Unhandled ExceptionSystem.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
I've also checked the settings files of the program, both of them (the settings.xml and the settings.bak) are empty.

I haven't tried to reinstall the program cause I don't know how to do it and not to lost my files.

When I'm running the game the cc that I have merge with cc magic is there and I can play as usual but I cannot add new custom content.

What can I do to fix this?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 4th Dec 2022 at 2:13 PM
I'm sorry I can't help with the error. But if you need to reinstall, just move the CCMagic folder that's in your Electronic Arts folder somewhere else and then, when you have reinstalled, move the contents back into Downloads and install the CC again. You will have to redo your sets but you might be able to save your collections by making a copy of the Collections folder before you reinstall (in your The Sims folder) and move that back after you installed CCMagic.

What patch are you on? Have you always used CCMagic as a launcher?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Dec 2022 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I'm sorry I can't help with the error. But if you need to reinstall, just move the CCMagic folder that's in your Electronic Arts folder somewhere else and then, when you have reinstalled, move the contents back into Downloads and install the CC again. You will have to redo your sets but you might be able to save your collections by making a copy of the Collections folder before you reinstall (in your The Sims folder) and move that back after you installed CCMagic.

What patch are you on? Have you always used CCMagic as a launcher?

Reinstalling did worked for me. Thank you so much for your help!
CC Magic now works. The only problem is that I have to create the sets again which is a lot of work but what can we do? Before that I thought that I don't have so much CC in my game, now that I have to organize it I know. I have too much CC in my game haha

Here are the steps that I followed in case someone else has the same issue.
1. I copied the CC Magic folder which is in my Documents folder (My Documents/Electronic Arts/CC Magic) to a new location.
2. Unistalled and re installed CC Magic.
3. From my backup copy of the CC Magic folder I copied two folders. CC Magic/Content/Packages and CC Magic/Content/Sims3Packs and paste them into the My Documents/Electronic Arts/CC Magic/Content folder.
These two folders are where all the custom content that I had was. The reason I didn't just copy and paste the entire CC Magic folder is because then I would copy and paste the damaged xml file. I could just copied these two folders from the start but i didn't