Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2023 at 12:29 PM
Default Problems Trying to Update Sims Medieval
I just finished installing Sims Medieval on my Windows 10 laptop. It gave me a few headaches!

Installing the game from my original disc was fine, I tested it out and there were no problems.

But since I was being prompted to download updates, and since I have done so before without any problems, I went ahead and did so. And that was where the trouble started, since half way through installing the update I got an error message and the process wouldn't finish. I restarted the laptop and tried running the game. Nothing happened. I tried again, and this time was informed that the game was already running, although according to Task Manager it wasn't.

So I thought, sod it! I'll just re-install the game as I had it before and not bother with updates. But in order to do that I had to uninstall the updated version and when I tried doing that I got the same error message as before. So it looked like I was stuck with a version of TSM on my machine that I could neither play nor update, and which I could not un-install.

In the end I had to resort of a program called Advanced Uninstaller Pro (which I keep for emergencies because it always nags me about updates). And that, after a bit of a struggle, finally got the game removed. I was then able to re-install from my disc and get back to where I was before.

So it seems I must content myself with the game as it came out of the box, which at least looks and plays better on this new machine than it ever did on my ancient PC. But I did manage to install a patch that I still had on an old PC Gamer disc, which fixes a few things (something about invisible Golems) and adds three new quests. So that was a little plus.

(That, BTW, gives me version 1.1.10.00001)

But I should very much like to know why I can't update the game, which I have done without any problems on at least two other laptops. But, of course, they were running good ol' Windows 7.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor