Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2023 at 8:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Social bunny outfits showing up in CAS with no unlocker mod
Hi guys,

A while ago I downloaded a mod to unlock the social bunny outfits in CAS as I was trying out some default replacements for them. I then changed my mind and deleted the mod files and the default replacement files, but the Maxis outfits are still showing up in CAS. I'm not sure why - I've searched my downloads folder to see if I accidentally left the unlock file somewhere but I'm not finding anything that might be causing it. Is this a normal issue to have after temporarily unlocking an NPC outfit?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Jan 2023 at 8:51 PM
If a hidden outfit shows up, you have something in your Downloads folder that makes it show up. Could be a different unlocker.

Have you checked if moving out all downloads also removes the outfit from CAS? (Backup your game first, just in case).

Only other way hidden outfits show up (other than mods/unlockers) is if you've enabled TestingCheats and then enable debug in CAS with "N", but you usually get a message in the right corner when that one is active.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 12:30 AM
Thanks, I'll try removing all my downloads and see what happens. It's not in debug mode when I see them - other NPC outfits aren't showing up, it's just the social bunnies.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 12:35 AM
Does the social bunny outfit show up with a CC star on it? I remember back in the day if you were missing the mesh for a full body outfit or a hair the game would change it to the social bunny one
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 2:17 AM
^ That has never happened for me. Usually when outfit meshes go missing, I get a very basic outfit, usually the same one depending on which category the outfit went missing in. Never seen the bunny suit or bunny head as a stand-in for missing meshes.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 2:45 AM
When you removed the unlocker mod where did you move it to? You have to move it right out of the The Sims 2 folder. Early in my game I decided to remove a couple of mods I decided I didn't want. I made a folder called "Mods not in use", and moved the unwanted mods to it. But I left the new folder inside the The Sims 2 folder. I soon realised that the mods were still loading. I had to move them completely out of the The Sims 2 folder to stop them loading. (I actually made a folder called "Sims Stuff" in the root of my Documents folder, and moved the Mods not in use folder there.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Modder
Does the social bunny outfit show up with a CC star on it? I remember back in the day if you were missing the mesh for a full body outfit or a hair the game would change it to the social bunny one

No, there's no custom star. The outfits appear towards the end of the Maxis clothing in the catalog, same as if they were unlocked using Debug mode

EDIT: the really weird thing is that it's only the outfits that are still visible in CAS - the heads(?) have gone.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
When you removed the unlocker mod where did you move it to? You have to move it right out of the The Sims 2 folder. Early in my game I decided to remove a couple of mods I decided I didn't want. I made a folder called "Mods not in use", and moved the unwanted mods to it. But I left the new folder inside the The Sims 2 folder. I soon realised that the mods were still loading. I had to move them completely out of the The Sims 2 folder to stop them loading. (I actually made a folder called "Sims Stuff" in the root of my Documents folder, and moved the Mods not in use folder there.)

I deleted it completely - it's not been moved to a different folder (unless you count the recycle bin).
Forum Resident
#9 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 6:31 PM
I think they show up without any mods if you have boolprop cheat on and hit Shift-N?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 7:54 PM
Hmm, the social bunny showing up as the replacement for outfits/hair missing a mesh happened to me a VERY long time ago. Back in the days of the Sims 2 exchange. Younger me had no idea what I was doing and I would download sims indiscriminately without checking if I needed to download any dependencies from other sites. My CAS was filled with those dang social bunny outfits lol.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
I think they show up without any mods if you have boolprop cheat on and hit Shift-N?

They do if you're in Debug mode. Mine are showing up without any cheats, though.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 27th Jan 2023 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GracideaFlower1
I deleted it completely - it's not been moved to a different folder (unless you count the recycle bin).
I presume you also deleted the cache files? When removing a mod, you should delete them to remove all trace of the mod.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Jan 2023 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I presume you also deleted the cache files? When removing a mod, you should delete them to remove all trace of the mod.

Yes, I regularly delete the cache files.

Anyone know of a good way to try and find something I've potentially missed? I've run searches on my entire downloads folder for words that are likely to be in the file name, but nothing comes up. I've even gone back through my computer's downloads history to find the exact file names from the mod, and searching for those is still not bringing up anything.