Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 1:28 AM
Default Mod so hunger, fun, social don't plummet from couch napping
Sometimes my sims just starting out can't afford a bed but already have a couch or recliner. I'm okay with them not getting a full energy bar or waking up way too early.

But the motive drains for hunger, fun, and social are ridiculous. Does a mod exist that keeps these three motive drains the same as sleeping on a cheap bed? Even sleeping on a cheap bed doesn't hammer the hunger motive so much or affect fun/social (that I can see).
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 2:13 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 21st Jan 2023 at 5:07 PM.
Try this. If it works satisfactory, I will upload to the website catalog.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 5:08 PM
@jonasn WCIF is not for sharing content other, unless from a dead site. Keep in mind that a game as old as TS2, this mod could already exist. If you were to give it more than 30 minutes someone may post a link.
Inventor
#4 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 12:43 AM
It was initially not in the WCIF section. Anyone can still post their find 3 or 30 days later. Why go make a baby in the old game if it was already done by someone not once but thousands of times, exhausting all possibilities?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 8:32 AM
Are we really not allowed to share content in WCIF? I've done it before when someone has asked for something that I have or can make. What is the problem with it?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 11:11 AM
AL Nap More Energy by TwoJeffs, it will be in the simbology archive.

Edit - sorry, it's not a Twojeffs hack. I think it's this one.

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,92129.0.html

It doesn't actually say anything about the other motives, but I do seem to remember that AL did something to napping that made it effectively useless, and that I had grabbed this mod to fix it.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 11:16 PM
Have a look at my 2017 thread about mods to stop Sims dying from low motives. It's a fairly short thread, so it shouldn't take too long to read through it. People there recommended mods by BoilingOil, Inge (Simlogical) and Cyjon. There are links to them all in the thread. On reading all the replies, I decided not to get any of them, but to trust in my own protective playstyle (with a few more targeted mods) to keep my Sims safe. After ten years in which the Grim Reaper has never yet made an appearance in my game, I flatter myself that I'm reasonably good at looking after my Sims. (I hope this isn't pride coming before a fall!!) My Sims aren't bad at looking after themselves either. A couple of years ago I did get BoilingOil's Need Freak, but only for the more limited purpose of keeping everyone in church for the duration of a double wedding ceremony.

Have a look at the mods linked to in that thread. I suspect at least one of them will help you.

One of the mods mentioned there, No Starvation by BoilingOil was on Simbology, which sadly no longer exists. BoilingOil's mods don't appear to be in the Simbology archive on Sim File Share, but I suspect that No Starvation will be available on Leefish with BoilingOil's along with his other mods.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 27th Jan 2023 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Are we really not allowed to share content in WCIF? I've done it before when someone has asked for something that I have or can make. What is the problem with it?

My experience is that they don't want us to create new things and attach them to forum posts, they want us to submit them to the regular downloads section, or link to where they're already posted off-site. Chris Hatch seems to be above this law for some reason, but the rest of us aren't.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 27th Jan 2023 at 9:24 AM
Yeah, but doing a proper upload is a lot of work. I was wondering what was wrong with uploading something to SimFileShare and sharing the link.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#10 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
@jonasn WCIF is not for sharing content other, unless from a dead site. Keep in mind that a game as old as TS2, this mod could already exist. If you were to give it more than 30 minutes someone may post a link.

@HugeLunatic Don't you dare call my Sims2 game old. LMAO

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 1:58 AM
Hey, all! I spaced and forgot to check back sooner! I appreciate the suggestions and will check them out.

jonasn, HL took it down but thank you for making a hack. Sorry I didn't thank you sooner.

simsfreq, I'll see if there's one like it for BV, as I don't have FT, AL, or M&G.

AndrewGloria, I'll check out your thread, thank you. I don't have a problem managing sim motives in general. It's pretty easy. I just think napping on a couch shouldn't change social or fun at all, and hunger shouldn't drop so fast compared to sleeping in a bed.