Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 5:46 AM
Default Community Lot Items on Residential Lots?
Hello!

My current project is a house that's hybrid residential/commercial with an OFB business, and part of it is a movie theater. I found a snack bar set I love from Pandora Sims (https://www.pandorasims.net/sims2_o...ts_snacks.html), but it turns out it's only available on commercial lots! So I need help with this situation.

Here's what I'm wishing for, in order of preference:

1) A mod that makes ALL community-only items available on residential lots, CC included
2) A mod that lets you switch from residential to commercial while a Sim is living on it (I know, I should have waited to move the owner in until after I was done...)
3) A modified version of the Pandora Sims set that's available on residential lots
4) A similar set that can be used on residential lots

Thank you!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th Jan 2023 at 1:08 AM
Okay, update! I learned that the changelotzoning cheat works like a charm for my purposes, it appears to have truly become a hybrid between commercial/residential!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Jan 2023 at 2:32 PM
You can recategorise objects in the catalog:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=281025
If you don't want to keep changing the lotzoning as you did.
Inventor
#4 Old 27th Jan 2023 at 2:48 PM
I only know how to unlock objects from a static list of GUIDs in a BCON list by spawning the obj and editing the master definition, where you have to specify the best fitting room sort or community sort that they are lacking. I've done this in my mod for commonly used items like commercial counters, career rewards, payphone and trash bin, but finding the hexadecimal numbers for the sort it is quite tedious. It is easier if you don't care where they go and dump them in one category.

What I like about this method is that the special items are gone from the catalog after a restart, and there is no clutter of strange items. The custom content star doesn't show over them, further highlighting their strangeness.
Alchemist
#5 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 5:23 PM
@jonasn not 100% sure what you mean by "finding the hexadecimal numbers for the sort it is quite tedious" so just in case, the thread simsample linked to has the hex and decimal numbers (decimal numbers are further down in other posts) for the categories listed.

This data is also listed in the wiki: https://simswiki.info/wiki.php?titl...-_Catalog_Price

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 9:20 PM
You shouldn't use changelotzoning on lots that sims are living on, it causes a lot of problems. If you want a community lot with an owned business on it, buy a community lot. There's no way to make a mod that changes every piece of CC that the mod creator may or may not even know exists. If you want some CC object to be available on a residential lot, you have to make a new version of that object that is available on a residential lot.