Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 Dashboard tool (Updated 1st July 2022: v1.3.8217.25892)

by Tashiketh Posted 15th Jan 2010 at 11:51 PM - Updated 1st Jul 2022 at 2:25 PM by Tashiketh

2153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1627 Feedback Posts, 525 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 87
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#201 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 1:00 PM
jrb2037 - That's actually pretty normal, due to the way the game handles textures. When you go somewhere quickly without giving the game time to catch up, rendering-wise (like jumping suddenly back to your home after exploring the neighborhood), it will usually render the shapes as white/light grey and then texture them a moment later.
Scholar
#202 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jrb2037
This program is wonderful! Fixed my game and it runs fast and smooth. Now I need to figure out why some of the landmarks, objects, etc. turn white sometimes. They eventually get their colors back.

Probably you deleted the cache files. Then this behaviour is normal, as the game has to regenerate for example all object and outfit textures.
Test Subject
#203 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 3:26 PM
Great job. I had an issue where it worked once, then crashed on open every subsequent time. I just reinstalled it, and now it's fine... so that is likely not an issue with your work. This thing is an absolute lifesaver! I am so glad you made it. My game is no longer slow and choppy now that I was able to find all the problem files so quickly. You made what had been hours and hours of work in to less than 5 minutes. If I could hug you through a screen, I would. ;D
Test Subject
#204 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 3:27 PM
Hazaaa!
Test Subject
#205 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 3:45 PM
Default updatedness to issue I had
Quote: Originally posted by Creeperella
Great job. I had an issue where it worked once, then crashed on open every subsequent time. I just reinstalled it, and now it's fine... so that is likely not an issue with your work. This thing is an absolute lifesaver! I am so glad you made it. My game is no longer slow and choppy now that I was able to find all the problem files so quickly. You made what had been hours and hours of work in to less than 5 minutes. If I could hug you through a screen, I would. ;D

Okay, I have used it again and had that same "has stopped working" box pop up. It seems it's the shortcut. If I open it every time directly out of the zip file it works fine. Weird.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#206 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 6:25 PM
Creeperella: Why not just extract the entire contents of the rar to a folder and run it then?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#207 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 9:37 PM
Just wanted to thank you - I was in dispair over my game. Could not figure out what was wrong. This utility allowed me to fix my game and it running great!
Lab Assistant
#208 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 1:53 AM
this rocks! I just deleted 300 conflicted files!
thanks delphy!

remember it takes more muscles to frown than to smile!!!
Test Subject
#209 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 3:13 PM
Fantastic. Thank you, Delphy, for yet another helpful program.
Test Subject
#210 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 4:29 AM
Where does my CC need to be in order to show up here? I am only showing 7 giles but i have a lot more then that ...i used the installer monkey to put my CC wherever it goes
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#211 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 9:04 AM
Chrissytina81686, your CC goes in one of 2 possible places - the Sims 3 program files root, then Mods\Packages, or the same under WA.

Click the "Open Root" button to find where your root folders are.

Field Researcher
#212 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 11:19 AM
Hi Delphy - Sorry for the delay in response. Here are the files you requestsd: http://rapidshare.com/files/3397710..._Files.zip.html

There are 8 in total (6 peggy, 1 Aikea multifacialpiercings (for adult male) and 1 Raonsims)

Note: I ran a fresh scan today with the updated tool (.34790) and still get the same errors.
Test Subject
#213 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 12:32 PM
This is great! I couldn't figure out why my game kept loading certain files over and over, and just about gave up on trying to get anymore custom content to work. But then I used this, and it identified all the problem files and it turns out they were Sims 2 files, and that was the only reason they were causing problems! I was worried it was something that would be hard to identify before trying files, but apparently I just have to be careful to make sure that what I download is for Sims 3. Thank you very much.
Test Subject
#214 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 3:18 PM
Thanks so much for this program, using at my own risk since I'm not a creator, yet.

I had the save errors for a while, thought I finally got over that then yesterday got the blue lots. So happy that someone came up with some solution.

Just wanted to let you all know that I never had any blue lots or problems with cc, all the problem CC causing my blue lots was objects from Stylist Sims. Nothing else in my folder was bad.

About to launch my backup town since my save files went kaput again. Hopefully no more blue lots. Thanks dude!
Test Subject
#215 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 3:29 PM
Argh! my backup didn't have half of my sims in it, lame problem that save shit.

On topic, I see no blue lots in my game so once again, thank you very much!!
Test Subject
#216 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 4:55 PM
Ahh thanks so much now my CC is showing...only 3 errors hope my game stops chopping and running slowly...just please let it be like it wa when i first installed...perfect
Lab Assistant
#217 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 4:58 PM
hi, thanks for updating this program.

one thing I would like to mention is that the packages cannot be sort by size.they are arranged by 9,8,7,6... when i click "size.

thanks
Test Subject
#218 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 8:11 PM
Delphy thank you so much for this wonderful, miraculosu tool! I have been able to resolve many issues! Again, wonderful work on a much needed tool!!!!
You continue to ROCK!

"What fools these mortals be"
WS
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#219 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 3:36 PM Last edited by Delphy : 24th Jan 2010 at 4:15 PM.
SimplicityFlower: Thanks for the files. I've taken a look and, to be honest, my first glance is "Buh? How the HECK do these things even work in the game?". S3PE wont open them and nor will anything else that I've tried.

I'll see if I can built a workaround into the program.

Edit: Okay those files are basically corrupted. They either didn't download or didn't extract properly. Or are just toast.

Field Researcher
#220 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 5:25 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#221 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 12:44 AM
I love this it has saved me hours of frustrating work with all the mods i use ty, atm it works great!
Lab Assistant
#222 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 12:15 PM
Hi tried to install your dashboard, but when clicking on the exe file i get an error message that the dashboard needs to close, is there something i can do to get this tool? thanks
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#223 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 2:43 PM
newgamer6: Did you extract the entire contents of the rar? You can't just double click on it inside the archive, you have to extract it to a folder.

Lab Assistant
#224 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 2:59 PM
yes, used 7zip but when clicking on file says simsdashboard has stopped working windows will try and solve problem, but to no avail.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#225 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 3:04 PM
Does the folder contain all 4 files needed? Did you extract the entire thing? Do you have .NET 2.0 as per the original post?

It has to be something you are doing wrong or are missing, since 99% of people are able to run it without issuez.

Page 9 of 87