Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 1:35 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 18th Feb 2024 at 11:10 PM.
Default Thoughts & News about The Sims 4
Let's try this again and start over, cause it sort been my fault why it got closed so I wanna make up for it. And please - either we talk about expansions pack, or tear each other apart if we don't disagree for one's preference (e.g, how others spend their time on sharing other thoughts) in the hopes of closing the thread. Positive comments are WELCOMED too, regardless what others think.

To start of: what next expansion pack is gonna be?
My predictable themes that I think they would recreate would be akin to:
A) Supernatural (or be Fairies & Werewolves under one pack)
B) Free Time / More Stuff To Do Than Knitt and Wear FurCostumes(
C) Livin' Large, or Livin With OverSized Objects Within Limited Options of Large Lots, Being-Not-So-Living-Large (that it be like the easiest, as it offered is ton of gameplay objects) EXPANSION PACK
D) Yet Another Vacationing World / A New World Pack (cause STORE doesn't exist for TS4)
E) Chorus, Bounce and Vanish (performing careers)
F) Party In the House
G) Apartments Again, But Build 'Em EP (if they ultimately run out of ideas, but slightly plausible as they been reusing themes within the own Game)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 9:41 PM
Hoping for A or B, C would be good, D is OK I guess.
Instructor
#3 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 10:37 PM
I'd like a mixture of D and G with a new world as I'm running out of buildable spaces.

It would be living in, managing and maintaining a hotel with the addition of Sims also being able to own and be a landlord of houses and apartments.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 12:53 AM
*passes torch*
Be well great one.

*leaves*

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#5 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 2:24 PM
I think it will be a time traveling generations pack where you can live in a medieval/renaissance world.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 5:10 PM
I think it will be D, another vacation world that we can't live in and nobody ever goes to. We already have Star Wars and Haunted Mansion so maybe Pirates of the Carribbean, tea cups, or Tower of Terror. Ooh ooh ooh I know, It's a Small World. Dear EA, please don't.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 9:42 PM
I would like B (this game needs DIY activites that can also be mastered) and G (The Sims 4 needs new different lot types that can enhance gameplay).
Alchemist
#8 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 9:44 AM
I would like to put this dog to sleep please

what does his name even mean?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 9:20 PM Last edited by lil bag2 : 28th Aug 2021 at 9:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Let's try this again and start over, cause it sort been my fault why it got closed so I wanna make up for it. And please - either we talk about expansions pack, or tear each other apart if we don't disagree for one's preference (e.g, how others spend their time on sharing other thoughts) in the hopes of closing the thread. Positive comments are WELCOMED too, regardless what others think.

To start of: what next expansion pack is gonna be?
My predictable themes that I think they would recreate would be akin to:
A) Supernatural (or be Fairies & Werewolves under one pack)
B) Free Time / More Stuff To Do Than Knitt and Wear FurCostumes(
C) Livin' Large, or Livin With OverSized Objects Within Limited Options of Large Lots, Being-Not-So-Living-Large (that it be like the easiest, as it offered is ton of gameplay objects) EXPANSION PACK
D) Yet Another Vacationing World / A New World Pack (cause STORE doesn't exist for TS4)
E) Chorus, Bounce and Vanish (performing careers)
F) Party In the House
G) Apartments Again, But Build 'Em EP (if they ultimately run out of ideas, but slightly plausible as they been reusing themes within the own Game)

A, B, and G are all on my wish list. B and G are the only MUST HAVES for me.

As for C....don't we already have that? Aren't oversized objects one of the most common complaints in this game? Like the bathroom stalls that take up like four slots

The Receptacle still lives!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 2:41 PM
As far as I see it, it wouldn't matter. Sorry if that sounds negative. I guess I'm just negative about the Sims 4 anymore.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
A, B, and G are all on my wish list. B and G are the only MUST HAVES for me.

As for C....don't we already have that? Aren't oversized objects one of the most common complaints in this game? Like the bathroom stalls that take up like four slots

Technically, we have the game’s equivalent to Livin Large: Get Famous. It’s had stupid rich people stuff in it. It could have been better (and had a more involved/better music career - IMAGINE SHOOTING MUSIC VIDEOS), but it serves the same purpose.

There’s a shark pond and a vault. There are basic things missing, the ability to buy or construct an oversized aquarium, but it’s fine.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
There’s a shark pond and a vault. There are basic things missing, the ability to buy or construct an oversized aquarium, but it’s fine.

Be kinda cool ifnyou could DYI aquarium with the upgraded pond tool we have which fill in rooms. All we need is interaction available to ponds & pools to snorkel/scuba dive and a special pool/pond door that dilludes water like the one
in TS1 diving tank.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#13 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 11:14 AM Last edited by Hamishmc : 8th Sep 2021 at 11:25 AM.
If I were looking at the future packs I would be noticing the objects they are surreptitiously putting in the game that just seem a bit useless yet, except for being scenic. I am expecting horses eventually, looking at those bales of hay in Cottage Living (one of those in an early poll by GrimSuruDoi as Equitation, separate from Farming) and the musical stage we had for a few days recently for a musical package of some sort.

We had loads of later very useful "off the grid" stuff sneaked in in earlier packs before Eco Lifestyle, and those CAS Star Wars costumes before Batuu arrived.

When we get something like Eco Lifestyle we think we are getting more than we actually are as a lot of useful stuff for it is already in it from previous ones.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 11:38 AM
I will get Cottage when on sale probably but other than that probably will not add much to my game as I just do not play it much. I prefer to play 3 by far. And this computer which is now quite old is just starting to lag a tiny bit with 4 even though an i7. Tonight when playing was first time I had any of that in 4. Just enough to notice now and then.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 2:36 AM Last edited by daisylee : 22nd Nov 2021 at 8:15 AM.
If anyone is interested, Cottage Living is now on sale at Origin. I got it and am installing now. I will have fun exploring and probably redoing and new lot building. And may even play a bit. Anything I build will get saved though as I am still irritated that about half of my game was blown away when saves were deleted by the game.

EDIT: It is a shame that if you say you got a Sims 4 item here on a Sims site you get a disagree. Anyway, I have not played in so long I pretty much have to relearn this game. My Sim had to buy groceries to eat? UM, that is realistic.

EDIT: I can see why I play 3. It is so infuriating that EA cannot even do doors and windows that work together with the same wood colors! After all these years they still do things that will not match each other at all! Irritated.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 1:05 PM
It's okay daisylee I agreed with you so it cancels out!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 1:16 PM
Me Too! And I have it, and have rebuilt all of that world, and made almost all the sims in my plan for it, very happy with the outcome.

Edit: I got a Disagree as well, I feel connected now! :P
Mad Poster
#18 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 9:10 PM
I wonder what pack is coming out next. I at least hope it's related to bands and singing, and has some level of gameplay depth to it applicable outside a single world.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 3:31 AM
Yeah it would be really nice if they could add in a few more instruments, and make sims able to form a band. I don't understand why this wasn't part of Get Famous.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eehna
Yeah it would be really nice if they could add in a few more instruments, and make sims able to form a band. I don't understand why this wasn't part of Get Famous.

None of the content they’ve released makes any sense.

Originally, or felt like they were just throwing stuff together or out there to sell. That’s how Get Together and City Living feel - just a bunch of stuff. Get To Work, less so, but retail feels tacked on.

Things look a little better now, but due to them showing in random features and putting out content haphazardly, nothing makes sense. For example: We got spas, festivals, and rock climbing before Snowy Escape (another random pack) and we got them… again.

Furthermore, hot pot can’t be used in restaurants… onsens and spas can’t be combined (the AI won’t cooperate), extreme spots isn’t an atheistic career branch… it makes no sense.

Scholar
#21 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 7:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
EDIT: I can see why I play 3. It is so infuriating that EA cannot even do doors and windows that work together with the same wood colors! After all these years they still do things that will not match each other at all! Irritated.

This really confuses me, why this is still a problem. Did they do something weird which makes it somehow difficult to release maxing swatches? I can only see how more doors and windows you get ingame, the more time you lose with finding matching swatches. Any fix for this would generate loads of goodwill I think. It could be an easy win for them.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 8:47 AM Last edited by Eehna : 23rd Nov 2021 at 12:05 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee

The miss-matched swatches drives me insane.
Just look at the basegame toilet paper holder!
And some of the base game clothing... The swatch thumbs says that a top and a bottom should match, but when applying the supposedly matching swatch, it's hardly even the same color.

It makes me wonder if the team seriously doesn't know how to copy-paste a hex code.
I really appreciated the swatch updates we got recently, but we need so much more from them.
Having matching wood tones across packs would be so very heplful.
They know people are pissed that we didn't get create-a-style or even a color wheel, so why they haven't made more on an effort to make sure that we at least have a way of matching the basics is honestly embarrassing.

Didn't S2 have separated swatches for say a sofa frame and the cushions?
That would have been such a great way of giving us more freedom.
They can copy over whole expansion pack ideas like a university pack, but they can't copy over simple design ideas...

I don't mind if we get no more expansions for the rest of the year and even for most of next year, if that means that they instead update things like this.
And fix most of the bugs. (of course I want them to fix all of the bugs but that aint happening)
Field Researcher
#23 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 5:54 PM
No matter my opinion on this I still think it to be true:

If anyone wants the bugs fixed, you need to be more active in several ways:

Click Me Too on all bug reports made; post in them to resurface them; help out by finding the triggers; report the issues in several places besides AHQ, on EA Help, on the Sims Forum, on the SimGurus twitter accounts etc; and create a fuss somewhere where views count, and where more than 50 people visit, for instance like a youtube video etc.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 6:17 PM
I have used the bug forum, a lot of times.
I can use all those ways to try and reach out to EA at the same time as I vent here.
I'm that good at multitasking.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 6:22 PM
There is no need to be defensive, I want the bugs fixed as well.
I think I must have misunderstood the purpose of this thread if it is for venting.
Page 1 of 47