Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#28026 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 7:59 PM
Why is it doing . . . ? I must have had a mod for . . . who made it? Ok, alfixes is obsolete and I have replacements for the necessary parts, but what were they called? Wow, there are plumbbobs? Okay, I know I was doing mods before cc, but those eyes, those have to go now . . . Violet that's food for the stray kitten, what do you think you're doing? (Violet is one of the hens, lazy slacker needs to go eat bugs.) Why didn't they put lazy slacker hens in the game, and where are the chicken cc anyway, no, no, find pause on load first, Sunbee, you're as spacey as your children . . .

There is no good way to migrate computers, is there? And I see you, Violet, and I'm about to yell at you again, go eat the grasshoppers like you're supposed to be doing!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28027 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Why is it doing . . . ? I must have had a mod for . . . who made it? Ok, alfixes is obsolete and I have replacements for the necessary parts, but what were they called? Wow, there are plumbbobs? Okay, I know I was doing mods before cc, but those eyes, those have to go now . . . Violet that's food for the stray kitten, what do you think you're doing? (Violet is one of the hens, lazy slacker needs to go eat bugs.) Why didn't they put lazy slacker hens in the game, and where are the chicken cc anyway, no, no, find pause on load first, Sunbee, you're as spacey as your children . . .

There is no good way to migrate computers, is there? And I see you, Violet, and I'm about to yell at you again, go eat the grasshoppers like you're supposed to be doing!

Was this meant for the Sims 2 Random Thoughts thread? Lol because I can't answer what the kitten is doing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#28028 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 12:32 AM
Is there a way to fix an issue where the body of a Sim is sunburned but the head is normal? Batbox, SimBlender and Sim Manipulator all recognize the Sim as normal and not sunburned, but the wrong texture is still there.

This happened when two of my child Sims went into heatstroke and I aged them up a day early to avoid the social worker (I forgot that you can use SimBlender to reset the temperature). After their temperatures went back to normal, one of them regained normal skin and the other one became the hybrid I previously described.

Things that haven't worked so far: aging him up, aging him down, several variations of giving him sunburn/suntan and then removing it, giving him a heatstroke again, freezing him
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28029 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vss2eip
Is there a way to fix an issue where the body of a Sim is sunburned but the head is normal? Batbox, SimBlender and Sim Manipulator all recognize the Sim as normal and not sunburned, but the wrong texture is still there.

This happened when two of my child Sims went into heatstroke and I aged them up a day early to avoid the social worker (I forgot that you can use SimBlender to reset the temperature). After their temperatures went back to normal, one of them regained normal skin and the other one became the hybrid I previously described.

Things that haven't worked so far: aging him up, aging him down, several variations of giving him sunburn/suntan and then removing it, giving him a heatstroke again, freezing him

The batbox isn't showing fix tans and burns? Because it should do.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#28030 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Was this meant for the Sims 2 Random Thoughts thread? Lol because I can't answer what the kitten is doing.

No, Jo, mostly I was just laughing at myself trying to get all my game set-up at once and asking what I did with all the things that belong in it. Nothing quite like going from a heavily modded game to Daniel Pleasant asking 'What's this?' at his own career reward! And hoping some of y'all would get a laugh at me being silly, because these days everyone seems to be awfully in need of a laugh.

And then Violet the hen showed up, and . . . I don't suppose you need a kitten, do you? Our Kitty objects immensely to it being on the property, even though our Kitty is a strictly indoor Kitty for her own safety. (I know, it's near-impossible to send you in particular a kitten: I have a friend whose family immigrated to Australia some years back and it was a nightmare for their pets to get through. If there are other Simmers who are contiguous US who need kitties, though . . . we get a lot of dumped pets here.)

Although, was it Gummilutt who made the replacements for alfixes, does anyone remember off the top of their heads?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#28031 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
When you play a vanilla vacation hood with Maxis tourists, does the whole tourist family (four members) always show up together or do you get just some members of the family showing up? I'm developing a new method of making custom locals and townies, but I need to know what is normal for them in order to compare my tests.

My impression is that they show up (all of them) on community lots. But in a hotel it depends on space available. They tend to show up in hotels where there are enough empty rooms; but if your sim books out, say 3 out of 4 rooms, and 4th room has only 2 beds, only 2 will show.
Top Secret Researcher
#28032 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 7:45 AM
What could be the causes for extreme, temporary lag? Debug mode doesn't show any errors. No one is trying to enter an occupied toilet.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28033 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 10:16 AM
@Pideli for my game it's usually when either the terrain is transitioning, the ambient light is changing, or an overlay is being applied to a skin. For example, when snow appears on the ground, when it turns from day to sunset, or when someone turns blue from cold. Momentary lag every time on my ageing computer! When I turned a maid into a werewolf the game would lag each time the maid was due to arrive, as the game figured out what time of day it was and whether she should be hairy or not. I had to cure her! When are you seeing the lag?
Theorist
#28034 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 11:21 AM
I also get lag when the game is generating new NPCs (for example, grand witches and vampires arriving to lots, or calling a repairman but having called no repairman for anyone before, etc.).
Alchemist
#28035 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
My impression is that they show up (all of them) on community lots. But in a hotel it depends on space available. They tend to show up in hotels where there are enough empty rooms; but if your sim books out, say 3 out of 4 rooms, and 4th room has only 2 beds, only 2 will show.

Thank you! That did not even occur to me, very helpful. I will check to see if four come to community lots even if only two are in the hotel and try adding beds to see if it changes, too. SimScience.
Forum Resident
#28036 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 5:22 PM
oh for the love of god what is the name of the mod that makes sims look at the camera/player found it last night but now don't remember the name
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28037 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mischief Managed
oh for the love of god what is the name of the mod that makes sims look at the camera/player found it last night but now don't remember the name

Fourth wall options?
https://modthesims.info/d/268960
Forum Resident
#28038 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Fourth wall options?
https://modthesims.info/d/268960

Christ I'm going senile, Thank you
Field Researcher
#28039 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 7:36 PM Last edited by zeroboys008 : 3rd Sep 2021 at 6:29 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by zeroboys008
I like to have my sims get roomates through ads from time to time but I just read this causes the game to create a bunch of new sims. Is there a mod to prevent this from happening?

Can I please get some help for my question above? Thanks y'all..I saw I have over 1,000 characters in my hood despite having norespawn mods and trying to figure out what's going on.

ETa: *sigh* well I tried. I'll keep doing google searches and get it figured out Thanks.
Instructor
#28040 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The batbox isn't showing fix tans and burns? Because it should do.

It does show up, but it's not fixing it. I might have to try something in SimPE in the end.
Forum Resident
#28041 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 1:32 AM
Ok so Fourth wall options does not seem to work with poses? Or am I doing it wrong? I need it for the two girls on the left, the furthest one on the right and two in the chair. Any Idea how to make them look at the camera.

Poses are JD's Deedee's and then the two in the middle are just sitting n the chair
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#28042 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 1:56 AM
^ Use the freezer clock. You need to pose sims' view direction one by one, although if you're really lucky you can get a couple or so sims to look in the same direction for a few seconds (I usually freeze the rest of them so they don't get up to any trouble. Unfrozen sims should ignore frozen sims). If you try to make all of them look at you all at once, they'll usually "do a dumb" and start looking at each other instead. If they're just sitting unposed in a chair, they'll start talking with other sims sitting in chairs nearby (probably what's happening with the two sims in front).

Choose "look at" so the sim you're currently working with is looking directly at the camera. Sometimes you have to do it a coupltimes if they're momentarily distracted by another sim. Then you use the TAB camera to position their eyes if you either need them to look in a different direction or slightly up/down/other, depending on the camera angle you're going for (it's a good idea to lock this in with Ctrl+number). Pause the game when you're satisfied, unfreeze another sim, freeze the sim you were working with earlier, and continue with the new sim.

It can be an idea to have one unfrozen teen or older sim on the lot at all times, as the game can occasionally decide frozen sims and/or sims on OMSPs don't exist properly or aren't accessible, especially if there also are unfrozen kids and younger sims on the lot (if you don't have anti-social worker mods).
Forum Resident
#28043 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
^ Use the freezer clock. You need to pose sims' view direction one by one, although if you're really lucky you can get a couple or so sims to look in the same direction for a few seconds (I usually freeze the rest of them so they don't get up to any trouble. Unfrozen sims should ignore frozen sims). If you try to make all of them look at you all at once, they'll usually "do a dumb" and start looking at each other instead. If they're just sitting unposed in a chair, they'll start talking with other sims sitting in chairs nearby (probably what's happening with the two sims in front).

Choose "look at" so the sim you're currently working with is looking directly at the camera. Sometimes you have to do it a coupltimes if they're momentarily distracted by another sim. Then you use the TAB camera to position their eyes if you either need them to look in a different direction or slightly up/down/other, depending on the camera angle you're going for (it's a good idea to lock this in with Ctrl+number). Pause the game when you're satisfied, unfreeze another sim, freeze the sim you were working with earlier, and continue with the new sim.

It can be an idea to have one unfrozen teen or older sim on the lot at all times, as the game can occasionally decide frozen sims and/or sims on OMSPs don't exist properly or aren't accessible, especially if there also are unfrozen kids and younger sims on the lot (if you don't have anti-social worker mods).

Thank you I got it
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#28044 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 3:20 AM
Default Colors
Which of these blue/green skirts coordinates/ goes better with the pink purple and red skirts
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#28045 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 10:38 AM
Which of these blue/green skirts coordinates/ goes better with the pink purple and red skirts

I think the lighter blue one as well as the darker blue one, though the green one would look striking next to the red skirt, being contrast colors.
Top Secret Researcher
#28046 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@Pideli for my game it's usually when either the terrain is transitioning, the ambient light is changing, or an overlay is being applied to a skin. For example, when snow appears on the ground, when it turns from day to sunset, or when someone turns blue from cold. Momentary lag every time on my ageing computer! When I turned a maid into a werewolf the game would lag each time the maid was due to arrive, as the game figured out what time of day it was and whether she should be hairy or not. I had to cure her! When are you seeing the lag?

I'm not sure any of them applies. And when that happens, the game freezes, not lags, there's a difference. This happened during a party in a large castle but if it was due to the amount of sims it should've lagged the entire time. I used to get extreme lag before I had a no privacy bathroom mod since before that they'd stand outside the bathroom looping a red cross thought bubble (since I also have a no stomping mod). But I also have a freezing problem now. I've had it for a long time but it's a new kind of freezing where there's not any audio, as if it's going to crash but it doesn't. Maybe I should make a new thread instead. :P

Quote: Originally posted by topp
I also get lag when the game is generating new NPCs (for example, grand witches and vampires arriving to lots, or calling a repairman but having called no repairman for anyone before, etc.).

I hope the game doesn't generate new NPCs since I have a mod against that.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#28047 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 7:04 PM
Half TS2/half SC4 question- has anyone ever found a way to make it so the maps don't reverse when you transfer a terrain between the two games? I'm trying to get a handful of maps worked out so I can start putting together my medieval 'world' and the fact that I can't actually create them 'properly' is driving me nuts!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Theorist
#28048 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 7:16 PM
Thank you I got it

Wait is that the Imperial Family of Russia?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#28049 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Wait is that the Imperial Family of Russia?

@Orphalesion yes it is, full size picture in the family portrait and snapshot thread. sims coming this weekend (hopefully)
Mad Poster
#28050 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 10:16 PM
Oh Mischief Managed I really don't know! I like all of them!

I'm just looking forward to meeting the Romanovs for myself when they come to Veronaville. Her Esteemed Grace the Grand Duchess Juliette Capp is looking forward to welcoming them too!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Page 1122 of 1347