Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 1:40 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 16th Jul 2021 at 1:07 PM.
1, 018. don't make two sims have 1,018 children. It hurts physically and the names all end up repeating. 6 daughters called Rhae as an example.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
1018. don't have two sims have 1018 children. It hurt physically and the name all repeat. 6 daugthers called Rhae as an example.

2 sims..had over...1,000 children?

My Simblr
He/They
Link Ninja
#53 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 8:08 AM
Hello darkness my old thread (sang in tune to "Sound of Silence")

I answered years ago but will add back then I let exactly *one* couple have 6 children to fullfill the 'marry off 6 kids" want of the mother and now there's 15 grandchildren running around my hood and not enough single teens of non-relations to date.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#54 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 8:48 AM
Johnny and Ophelia Nigmos-Smith have 8 children and want 10 (and Jenny Smith lives with them). It does mean not all the sims do the things I want them to all the time, but they're mostly happy so it's ok. The only exception is that various family members really want a pet and I'm not letting them - it's chaotic enough.

In my TS3 Perfect Genetics challenge, my founder had 13 children - though only five of them lived with him and his wife - and eventually 39 grandchildren. I had to make a few new townies so that they all had a chance to date someone, and many of the next generation are marrying their second cousins. That works with TS3 because I don't have to play them all.
Scholar
#55 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 12:05 PM
My largest family was Pollination Technician #9, Jenny Smith and their 19 children. The eldest child (Johnny), together with his wife (whose name I've forgotten, alas) was raising the youngest baby alongside his own first child as psuedo-siblings (as one of three households involved to raising Smith children) when I lost that neighbourhood.
Forum Resident
#56 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 12:24 PM
My founder had twelve kids with Nina Caliente. I played that house with maxmotives and motive_decay off permanently in place though, or it might've been rough, especially since every other birth were twins.

I am Error.
Scholar
#57 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 1:06 PM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 16th Jul 2021 at 1:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
2 sims..had over...1,000 children?

Correct. the proud and understandably exhausted Lata household. To be clear, I cheated, no doubt about it.
Motive reset cheat objects,
4 hr pregnancies,
Mr seahorse (fitting as they're all merfolk...) and
Quads every. single. time .
all this still meant 250 individual pregnancies. enough time for 13 normal pregnancies to occur, theoretically, half a Sims entire lifespan!
For the couple to have 1,000 naturally (only mother getting pregnant). 782 days @ Quadruplets.
I was testing the max number of Sims a family tree can show. clicking the family tree popup crashes the game after 1,000. 999 sims is the max a family tree can display at a single time.
next stop. 2k.
Mad Poster
#58 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 3:19 PM
My largest in terms of Sims is 8 sims + 1 pet. Largest in number is Sernman-Nilssons, with 5 sims and 7 pets. They have 1 dog and 2 cats, and the cats just had 4 kittens.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
Correct. the proud and understandably exhausted Lata household. To be clear, I cheated, no doubt about it.
Motive reset cheat objects,
4 hr pregnancies,
Mr seahorse (fitting as they're all merfolk...) and
Quads every. single. time .
all this still meant 250 individual pregnancies. enough time for 13 normal pregnancies to occur, theoretically, half a Sims entire lifespan!
For the couple to have 1,000 naturally (only mother getting pregnant). 782 days @ Quadruplets.
I was testing the max number of Sims a family tree can show. clicking the family tree popup crashes the game after 1,000. 999 sims is the max a family tree can display at a single time.
next stop. 2k.

Wow. Just..wow. Congrats on doing that!

My Simblr
He/They
Scholar
#60 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 10:21 PM
I've never had more than 8 Sims plus pets in a household at any given time, but I've had a couple of families that had 10+ kids, by adopting another as soon as someone left for college. The first was Elizabeth Loner Grunt, who had a couple of kids with the General before he died, then just kept on adopting. When she died, she had six kids still living with her. The first teen promptly left for college, while the second took care of the little ones until big sister Crystal was able to move in and take over.

Nervous and Pascal Subject also had a lot of adoptees. They initially adopted babies, but as they got older they had the sense to switch to children so that George Curious (Pascal's alien son) wasn't caught in the same trap as Crystal Grunt had been. They stopped altogether when they got two consecutive girls named Christine. One can only have so many Christine Subjects living in the same house, and I didn't know of any means to change their names at the time.

These days, I find big families too much work and tend to stick to 2-3 children. My only big family currently is the combined and thoroughly chaotic Delarosa/Gieke/Tinker household in Sedona: Wanda Tinker, Melody and two of her alien children, Florence Delarosa (who previously moved in with Chester because she was lonely and he needed help with childcare), and Chester and his alien child (who, since I don't have a multi-PT mod, is half-brother to Melody's kids). Chester and Melody are supposed to be getting married and will eventually have one more child together - unless Melody gets abducted again first, which is quite likely because they don't get much privacy for being romantic! Melody's two siblings and her eldest child have already moved out.
Test Subject
#61 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 2:16 PM
Damn, some of y'all have some really large families. I really like the Family aspiration, but I also really like to micromanage - the only way I can manage the "Have 10 Children" want is through a lot of cheesecake, spacing out pregnancies just enough that I don't have 4 toddlers at once, and thoroughly abusing the way parental leave works in this game.

Granted, that's only in my normal households. The founding sim of my current neighbourhood always has access to Elixir of Life. Her primary aspiration is Romance, and she has 30 lovers including her husband. Her secondary aspiration is Family, and she currently has 15 children and counting, 2 step-children (through her husband's abduction), plus 18 grandchildren and 6 step-grandchildren (through her sons-in-law getting abducted).
Page 3 of 3