Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 8:45 PM
Default 3ds Max Meshing Tutorials
Hi

I'm working an a few tutorials to teach people how to work with 3Ds Max to make objects for TS 3. I think i finished my Simple Meshing tutorial, redid most of it twice to ensure i have the right things included.

But i need some people to read true it and see where it needs improvements, for example i have parts in there covering baking maps, but i dint included how i merged them in photoshop and finalized my textures for importing into TS3. Simple reason for that is cause i kinda suck at texturing still and mapping as well for that matter. Also something might be in the wrong order, or maybe things mentioned i never actually did later on in the process to save it for another guide.

Never the less i hope i included most basic operation shown in the starting guides that show us how to make The Sims objects from start to finish in Milkshape & Blender. And it should be oriented around using it in both S3PE/S3SOC and TSRW, even though i use TSRW myself for the guides to make it all a bit faster for myself. Other then previews of objects nothing related to those tools is shown, as i feel the guides from those cover that better then i can.

Where can i post this for review ?
And in what format do i need to post it, currently is a Word document witch a bunch of saved textures and models.

If all goes well i am hoping to create a small chain of tutorials, this one showcasing as part 1 simple modeling, slowing going from easy to difficult meshing. All oriented around 3Ds Max (2013 used as an example)

Thanks in advance.

Kr
Bufu

The 3D Studio Max Meshing guides: Part 1: Simple Meshing in 3D Studio Max
Iff freedom was outlawed only outlaws would have freedom.
True piracy is an art, having a Amiga tune doesn't make you the old school pirate.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 10:23 PM
Sounds like a helpful addition. I'm searching trying to find what versions of 3DS Max are compatible with exporting for Sims3 mesh creations. I'll keep watching here for a response on your tutorial. Thanks for taking the time and effort to help.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by seammer
Sounds like a helpful addition. I'm searching trying to find what versions of 3DS Max are compatible with exporting for Sims3 mesh creations. I'll keep watching here for a response on your tutorial. Thanks for taking the time and effort to help.

I would suggest at least Max 2010, but i am working with 2013 myself.

The guide is posted here for review purposes, as no one replied here i saw some answer on another topic in the meshing section. And they said to post it there so people and mod's can review it, and move (approve) it when its liked.

And your welcome, i never mind to help others

The 3D Studio Max Meshing guides: Part 1: Simple Meshing in 3D Studio Max
Iff freedom was outlawed only outlaws would have freedom.
True piracy is an art, having a Amiga tune doesn't make you the old school pirate.