Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Larger Households -- up to 50 family members *UPD 04oct2008*

by 5th LMNt Posted 28th Sep 2007 at 2:21 AM - Updated 11th Dec 2009 at 10:52 PM by 5th LMNt : Sims 3

471 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 402 Feedback Posts, 68 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 19
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 12:12 PM
Wow finnaly I could have my old Sims-1 household back in Sims-2 (8 Sims, 2 Servos) but before I install this hack I have a question:
What happens to a household with more than 8 members after removing this hack? Will it still be playable? This is important to me because this household is very special to me as it was the first I made in Sims-1 and they continue their living in Sims-2 ever since. I don't want to risk loosing them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#52 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 9:21 PM
Pas de probleme, steph. Et tu ecris l'anglais tres bien... Plus que ma francais!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#53 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 9:28 PM
Cyron,

The quick answer is YES, your family will still be playable. Here's the long answer:

If you get a large household and then remove the mod, you will still have your household, fully selectable and all that, as nothing changes in how the game HANDLES big households, it only changes the parameters on WHEN you're allowed to get more family members. Then the game will whittle you down to 8 via attrition -- You won't be able to add more people to your family, and if a family member somehow leaves the household (moves out, goes to college, dies, etc), they will not be able to move back in, and you still won't be able to get pregnant or otherwise add people to the household until you drop below 8 sims.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 12:41 PM
Yay! Thanks for this answer and for the hack. I'm gonna install it on the double!
Test Subject
#55 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 1:36 PM
does anyone actually know where i can download Two Jeffs Triplets and Quads hack?
ive been looking for it for ages

i want to download that first so i can download this one! it will be perfect for when i can have a whole generation living in one house!
Field Researcher
#56 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 1:42 PM
Does this mod allow Bigfoot to be moved into families that are already above their limit?

I have Jordi's old mod in my game, along with the startup cheat and have a family of 2 adults, 10 children and 6 dogs. I took the 2 adults on vacation and they asked Bigfoot to move in. (He's supposed to be a great nanny and this family sure could use the extra help!) I got a message that more than 10 Sims could not be in a household. (I thought it was 8, but the message said 10).

So will this mod fix that, or is that a completely different issue?

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Test Subject
#57 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 7:11 PM
Sounds awesome! But does it NEED the EP's or can I run this with only the basegame?
I have all EP's up to BV in the other computer and only the basegame in the other, so I'd like to know if I can run it with them...
Test Subject
#58 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 11:03 PM
gives me errors when my sims do gestures on vacation and makes fishes swim on the road instead of the lake.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 11:26 PM Last edited by Cyron : 8th Oct 2007 at 8:52 AM.
ERROR REPORT
Sorry but I had to face an exception due to an overpopulated household. This happened:
1. Added two Servos to my 8-Sims-household
2. Game slowed down during two hours. So I let one Servo leave.
3. Drove to Twikkii Island with 8 Sims and left the Servo at home.
4. I always play with testing cheats enabled so I was able to see the exception messages.
On arrival the game complained about an invalid constant with each and every Sim of that bunch.
5. Clicking on Cancel helped nothing so I used Reset.
6. All Sims disappeared and also the cab. Now there was just the dead beach hotel.
7. I went back to this family and they arrived at home. Phew!

Test phase 2:
Servo #2 moved out, I quit the game, removed the hack, restarted the game and I let my 8 Sims drive to the same hotel again.
Now everything is fine. Although I don't think it's due to the hack but more because of another in-game restriction according to that exception message.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cyron
ERROR REPORT
Sorry but I had to face an exception due to an overpopulated household. This happened:
1. Added two Servos to my 8-Sims-household
2. Game slowed down during two hours. So I let one Servo leave.
3. Drove to Twikkii Island with 8 Sims and left the Servo at home.
4. I always play with testing cheats enabled so I was able to see the exception messages.
On arrival the game complained about an invalid constant with each and every Sim of that bunch.
5. Clicking on Cancel helped nothing so I used Reset.
6. All Sims disappeared and also the cab. Now there was just the dead beach hotel.
7. I went back to this family and they arrived at home. Phew!

Test phase 2:
Servo #2 moved out, I quit the game, removed the hack, restarted the game and I let my 8 Sims drive to the same hotel again.
Now everything is fine. Although I don't think it's due to the hack but more because of another in-game restriction according to that exception message.

Cyron, thank you for testing this better! So now my Sims can't go on vacation because of this hack. 5th LMNt, do you think you could do something to fix this so I can film proper vacations?
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 10:09 PM
Thank you Swordsmasterguy. I appreciate I could be of help here (is that a correct sentence? English is not my native language) but again, I assume the same would have happened if I removed the hack before I went off for vacations. This error message indicates another constant somewhere in the code which restricts households with not more than 8 members to go on vacation. The odd thing is, it has only been 8 Sims in the shuttle because the Servo stayed home. Well anyway I would also be thankful if 5th LMNT could find that little rascal.
Test Subject
#62 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 2:22 PM
I hope you'll be able to make a version for Seasons and Open for Business soon!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#63 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Swordsmasterguy
Cyron, thank you for testing this better! So now my Sims can't go on vacation because of this hack. 5th LMNt, do you think you could do something to fix this so I can film proper vacations?

Apparently nobody reads... for the last time, people:
Notice that neither the Seasons nor the Bon Voyage icons are listed with this mod. Not only that, but I explicitly stated in the write-up exactly what EP's I have that I wrote the hack off of. In addition, there have been numerous reports of people who tested it for me in those 2 expansions that there are issues with going on vacation.

This mod was something I created for myself that I thought I'd share, since it's better than the 12-limit mod for Pets. I appreciate all the testers who have been kind enough to let me know what's going on with it in the next 2 EP's, which should help me when I go to update the mod after I get those.

But for everyone asking here and PM'ing me to please make it compatible with a newer EP: if you want to buy them for me, then I would be more than happy to see what I could do. Otherwise, quit asking -- I don't have S or BV, so an update is NOT forthcoming.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#64 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 3mmavictori4
does anyone actually know where i can download Two Jeffs Triplets and Quads hack?

I can't remember where I found that one, but if you've been looking and can't find it, it's probably in simsgraveyard.com -- not the easiest to navigate, but all the old gems seem to be in there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#65 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by supremanade
Sounds awesome! But does it NEED the EP's or can I run this with only the basegame?
I have all EP's up to BV in the other computer and only the basegame in the other, so I'd like to know if I can run it with them...

Unfortunately, Maxis has managed to change the parameters with just about every EP. You could try it, but I believe it will NOT work with just the base game. In terms of these types of mods, you have base game, then it changed with NL, changed again with OFB, and seems to have changed again (at least in part) with Seasons. I don't THINK it changed with University or Pets, but I could be wrong.
Test Subject
#66 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 2:38 PM
thank you so much, I really needed something like this!!
Test Subject
#67 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 3mmavictori4

i want to download that first so i can download this one! it will be perfect for when i can have a whole generation living in one house!

Two Jeffs has moved to Inteenimater; http://box156.bluehost.com/~aestudi...mater/index.php

You will find the latest updates for all his hacks there.

Thank you for posting this hack. I read about the issues with both BV and Seasons in your write up. Although I don't make many large familes I'll see if it works in my game. Since I only have EP's 1-5 maybe I won't have as many issues =)
Test Subject
#68 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 1:53 PM
sorry for stupid question, but i'm learning english and i don't see anything about where can i bring that file. To downloads?

Oh, hiya. It's a nice part of a year this day, isn't it?
Test Subject
#69 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 7:11 PM
Hello,
Is there a "readme" for this that I cant' find?
I am unable to use this at all... not even to get error messages.
I have tried creating a large family, and I have tried moving one large family in with another. It is as if the mod isn't installed at all.

Is it only able to be used for large pregnancy, etc?

I am trying to create the hyper-fertile ridiculously large Duggar family (ya know, that family with 17 kids -- so far). And I can't seem to work it out.

Any help on how to accomplish this?
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 11:14 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It appears, from reading the comments, that this will work with BV (although it seems to conflict with other hacks...I'll just have to test it out)! This is a lifesaver for my trailer trash family that keeps popping out the kids as well as that one annoying sim who wants to raise 20 puppies or kittens (yeesh!). Thanks a million!

I am not taking requests at this time. I have just started graduate school and I cannot be sure how much spare time I am going to have. You can PM me with a request if you want, but I cannot guarantee that I will do it (or that I will even see the message right away).
Field Researcher
#71 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 9:22 AM
Burakotka : I ask this question (twice) but nobody answer to me, it' maybe too hard to say where put this file for them
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Odessa
Burakotka : I ask this question (twice) but nobody answer to me, it' maybe too hard to say where put this file for them

Actually your question was answered on page 2, post #38
Quote: Originally posted by Sadie79
Yes, just put it in your downloads folder

It goes in the downloads folder

Thank you so much for this hack. Definitely have to try it out. I've been using docdufus' hack, then I got pets and missed out on jordi's hack.
In CAS can we make more than 8 members, or do we have to wait until we are actually in the game playing to add more members?
Scholar
#73 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 8:53 PM Last edited by Morphar : 30th Oct 2007 at 6:35 PM.
I have now tested this long awaited mod. I have previously tested Dr Dofus's and Jordi's mods but they didn't like Pets. They work to some extent but "invite a sim to move in" is not working. I have only tested that function.

Test environment:
A test lot with 15 sims created with Jordi's mod by breeding. The EP combinations was made with the help of Numenors excellent AnyGameStarter and BaseGameStarter.
A number of other mods installed like Inteenimater, InSimenator, ACR, AllIn One NPC and Nanny NPC, SmartDoor to mention a few.

The following combinations of EP's was tested:

1 - All EP's up to OFB
2 - Bon Voyage only
3 - All up to Bon Voyage except Pets
4 - All up to Pets
5 - Will test with all EP's later
6 - Test on demand offer

Result: All kombinations tested worked fine.
None of the other mods mentioned made it.

Note: Only "move in" and "Try for baby" tested. No strange behavior noticed.
Field Researcher
#74 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 2:32 PM
Thank You! My Female Sim is engaged, and has wants to get married, but there was eight sims in the house!
Test Subject
#75 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 8:15 PM
Oh My God.
This is sooo cool!!!
Now my sims can have half a dozen babies!!! >:-)
>

I AM THE SAUCE OF ALL EVIL!!!!
(AND I COME WITH FREE CHIPS!!!)
Page 3 of 19