Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Less 'Musical Chairs', No Group Chat (V4 1.15.55)

by Shimrod101 Posted 10th Nov 2014 at 8:25 PM - Updated 5th Jul 2016 at 7:50 PM by Shimrod101 : New mod file

300 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 196 Feedback Posts, 103 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 13
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#76 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 7:38 PM
Thanks! Very useful mod! Really great idea! I`ve just hated this social actions with talking the sims behind me.
Dear modders you make our sims better!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#77 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 1:44 PM
This mod is fine with the December 16th patch.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
This mod is fine with the December 16th patch.

Hmm -- I noticed some musical chairs going on with one of my families when playing today; wasn't as extreme as pre-patch but was still going on. I'll try downloading the patch and reinstalling to see if it does anything.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#79 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 6:58 AM
Now my sim won't pull out his owl impression whenever someone behind him wants to chat.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by justme2
Hmm -- I noticed some musical chairs going on with one of my families when playing today; wasn't as extreme as pre-patch but was still going on. I'll try downloading the patch and reinstalling to see if it does anything.

yeah the same happen with me, before the patch the mod worked perfect, but after the patch this mod and others mods are not working anymore as their are supposed to work, my sims are doing a lot of the musical chair( much less than before the patch).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#81 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 10:48 PM
This mod is fine with the January 13th patch.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 5:24 AM
The mod, even if the xml didn't change at all during the January 13th patch, does not appear to do anything. The Sims will still do the weird musical chairs thing with the mod installed.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#83 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 8:45 AM
I've played for a few days now without this mod installed and mostly watched at the Rattlesnake Juice bar. At the sofa group with the TV, sims are moving all over the place, from one seat on the sofa to a different one. With this mod back in, it changes dramatically, sims move around much less often.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#84 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 6:55 PM
This was one of my biggest pet peeves. I haven't played in awhile (Thanks Dragon Age for sucking up my time) so I can't wait to put this in and give it a whirl.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 2:46 PM
Great mod, thanks.
I dont understand why they cant sit on their stupid asses without switching seats every few seconds.
They brag about how the sims are so smart in TS4, but in reality they are more stupid than ever...sorry had to let that out lol.
Anyway thanks for fixing their broken ass game a little.
Field Researcher
#86 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 10:18 PM
Just wanted to come back and say, after playing with this for a few days, it's fantastic. I totally recommend it if this behavior bugs you. They will occasionally move around, especially if two sims are sitting at opposite ends of a larger table, but it's not nearly as frequent as before.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#87 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 12:51 PM
These mods are fine with the February 3rd patch.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#88 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 2:26 AM
I LOVE YOU FOR THIS. My sims were driving me nuts; I was debating taking out my noemotionaldeaths mod and shaming them all until they stopped shuffling around the kitchen!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#89 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 8:50 PM
All of my mods are fine with the March 10th patch, including these ones.

Test Subject
#90 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 9:48 PM
this mod works with the latest patch?
Top Secret Researcher
#91 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 12:41 AM
It seems it's making Sims talk through walls. I don't find that a big issue though just weird. I think it's safe to use for now?

My Simblr
He/They
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 3:14 AM
Working with the latest update ?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#93 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 4:17 AM
Thank you. I would love a version of no musical chairs.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
It seems it's making Sims talk through walls. I don't find that a big issue though just weird. I think it's safe to use for now?

Did you isolate that to this mod? (I pulled out all my mods then realized on later that my Sims had stopped talking through closed windows)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#95 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 6:38 PM
These mods are updated as V2 for the March 26th patch.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 3:39 PM
Thank You!!!
Field Researcher
#97 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 8:31 PM
Thank you so much for the update
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#98 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 3:26 AM
Perfect for the new Get to Work retail expansion.
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 4:12 AM
I had in my game the ShimrodLessMusicalChairs_V2 and I noticed when my sim was working out at the gym, other sims would approach him and talk to him, but the conversation wouldn't appear in the sidebar/action queue. After a couple of sim minutes, the game would reset my sim.

I'm not sure if this is a bug related to your mod, but when I took the mod out, I no longer had this issue.
Test Subject
#100 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 5:08 PM
Is this mod updated for the Get To Work expansion?
Page 4 of 13