Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 2:17 AM
Default Can't upload mod- "Invalid Games" error on publish page?
An error occurred while submitting! Your upload has NOT been submitted. The error was: Invalid games

My mod modifies Cottage Living files. I tagged Cottage Living in the first step. What more could I possibly need to do? The error tells me absolutely nothing, that's all the text I get.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 7:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by InternWaffle
An error occurred while submitting! Your upload has NOT been submitted. The error was: Invalid games

My mod modifies Cottage Living files. I tagged Cottage Living in the first step. What more could I possibly need to do? The error tells me absolutely nothing, that's all the text I get.

Hello @InternWaffle
I think currently the Mods Section is being worked on - see other thread Problems to Change Picture/File
Before you try uploading again, check the Guidelines Mod Sections first. If there are no Guideline notes for Mods Configs, Miscellaneous and Script & Core Mods, then leave it for the time being.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 9:56 PM
So...does anyone actually work on this site? Why would there not be information about this somewhere, and how can this completely dead forum about site issues not have any response by someone in charge after two days?

I see other uploads being approved, so clearly there isn't a problem with the uploader in general.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 10:23 PM
Hi @InternWaffle Try the Discord channel, there may be staff members there. I will also @Tashiketh and @HugeLunatic in case they missed this. Please be patient though as the site is run by volunteers who also have other jobs!
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Aug 2021 at 5:46 PM
its fixed now, Cottage Living content can be uploaded. Round of applause for @Tashiketh 's help on that
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Aug 2021 at 6:21 PM
Well, now I have to completely rewrite the upload. I updated the mod in the time since i started trying to upload. I have to rewrite the whole thing because for some reason...

Removing all files resets the entire thing...and if I add a second file so I can remove the first,

it just sits here like this forever, never removing the file.

Meanwhile, when I uploaded this on Sims 4 Studio, it took me seconds, I had full control over formatting, everything took place on one single page, I could edit in seconds without any approval process, and yet the site isn't drowning in low quality content (something ModTheSims seems to have a problem with lately, like one single person uploading several specifically themed items one by one each as their own download, for example)...Why would anyone use this site to share their content when it takes this much effort?

This used to be *the* mod site, aggregating everybody from a bunch of scattered sites. Now it's too much work to use and too inefficient, so everything's spread back out again.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#7 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 11:44 AM
I'm sorry you are having issues. As you can see the original issue is now fixed. The issue with the Removing file I'll look at seperately as I haven't encountered this myself. What I can, however, look into, is adding the "Replace file" functionality within the upload wizard so that it mirrors the edit page, which should help with this issue.

The new wizard actually does make things easier because of the auto detection and not having to fill in as much information as before. Obviously a site like Sims4Studio with zero moderation and just a forum post is going to have more "control", but you can still edit the formatting of the description etc, so I'm not sure where you are going with this. We all have different definitions of "low quality"

The moderation system and what people upload are a different thing - if you have an issue with an uploader uploading single items, then you should tell that creator, rather than complaining about the site as a whole. How uploaders upload and format their own downloads is up to them, and yes, while it might be useful to have a set, it's totally up to the uploader themselves. Uploading different items individually is perfectly fine and you'll see it not just here but all over the place.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 6:31 PM
You misunderstand. I'm not upset about downloading individual files, I'm annoyed because, and I'll be specific for the sake of explanation, the quality control on the site is such that you can hop in to check the newest uploads, and find 10 different my little pony outfits and 10 different my little pony bedding sets all uploaded as their own indiivdual file instead of a moderator stepping in and saying "Don't you think you should upload these all at once instead of making people scroll past all of them as individual uploads?".

And maybe in there is a giant framed jpeg at 20x40 resolution of 200 pokemon cards that is clearly not in a state ready to be uploaded to what was once the premier sims modding community website with actual standards. Or a mod that grossly misrepresents and glorifies eating disorders and nobody thought "maybe allowing this is a bad idea".

Meanwhile you see all this low quality stuff uploaded in spammy ways, and your own attempts at uploading get delayed a week because the site's half-broken, difficult to navigate, and your upload's going to get denied because you for got an apostrophe on a word somewhere.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#9 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 6:35 PM
I disagree with the "half broken, difficult to navigate". Yes, sometimes people should upload in sets (and we do actually have a specific CR reason for that), so if we notice it happening too much then we can advise the uploader. Remember that the moderation staff are volunteers though, and I haven't seen the whole MLP thing, so... Everybody has an opinion on the moderation queue and the uploads. At least we *have* moderation, unlike everywhere else. *shrugs*

I'm going to close this since if there isn't an actual issue, then it doesn't need to stay open.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Locked thread