Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 4:01 PM Last edited by Ladysimplayer8 : 14th Nov 2021 at 11:25 AM.
Default Moderator's Queue
I posted a reply to a Moderator's Decision to Reject one of my uploads on the 9th and 10th of August and as yet still awaiting an acknowledgement/reply/decision.

Basically, I want some assurance that just because a Moderator has decided to reject an upload does not mean that is the end of the process. Creators have a right to reply and dispute the decision that was taken which is actually stated at the end of the Moderator's notes. Is this simply a case that the Moderator's Process for this happening isn't working properly and that is why the Moderator is unaware of my reply?

I appreciate that the Moderators are unpaid volunteers and at this time of year could be on holiday; personally not necessarily looking for a quick decision but at least an acknowledgement that my reply is receiving attention.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Sep 2021 at 5:57 PM
Default Same Issue!
Quote: Originally posted by Ladysimplayer8
I posted a reply to a Moderator's Decision to Reject one of my uploads on the 9th and 10th of August and as yet still awaiting an acknowledgement/reply/decision.

Basically, I want some assurance that just because a Moderator has decided to reject an upload does not mean that is the end of the process. Creators have a right to reply and dispute the decision that was taken which is actually stated at the end of the Moderator's notes. Is this simply a case that the Moderator's Process for this happening isn't working properly and that is why the Moderator is unaware of my reply?

I appreciate that the Moderators are unpaid volunteers and at this time of year could be on holiday; personally not necessarily looking for a quick decision but at least an acknowledgement that my reply is receiving attention.

I have been having the same problem! Unfortunately two uploads that I put a lot of work into were rejected for small mistakes that I had corrected before the seven day period was up. When they sent me the messages saying why they were rejected they said that I hadn't made the changes (which I did). I really hope this can be undone. I understand how frustrating this can be!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Sep 2021 at 6:02 PM
@extraayogurt Try resubmitting- if you have access to the upload thread you made then you can copy-paste and reupload the files.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 11th Sep 2021 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by extraayogurt
I have been having the same problem! Unfortunately two uploads that I put a lot of work into were rejected for small mistakes that I had corrected before the seven day period was up. When they sent me the messages saying why they were rejected they said that I hadn't made the changes (which I did). I really hope this can be undone. I understand how frustrating this can be!

Please create a thread in creator issues, indicating which specific threads this happened on so we can review it. Thanks

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 6:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Please create a thread in creator issues, indicating which specific threads this happened on so we can review it. Thanks

Hello @Tashiketh
I think there is a problem with the Moderator's Queue - I had a Changes Required (04/09/2021) for a picture which has been updated and yet no response that it is now acceptable or otherwise and the thread is still open Ultra Lounge Bath Set - Changed Required .

I am also still awaiting a response for the Sims Life Stories Nursery - Rejection - over a month now.

If Moderators are not responding to the Moderation Process Changes/Rejections, it is unlikely they will respond to a thread in Creator's Issues. Indeed, I did not receive a response posted on Site Questions and Issues (24/08/2021).

If the problem is the volume of changes/rejections to uploads at this time (holidays etc) - fine: a message to broadcast with a rough estimate of turn around time would be acceptable.
If the problem is that the Moderation Process that does not alert Moderators that a creator has responded to changes/rejections, then that needs to be fixed.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 7:20 PM
RE: the LS conversions. EA asked us to remove them. They still hold the copyright. Since they are currently having hosting sites remove TS2 that they do not offer on Origin, then I think we will continue to not allow stories conversions. Because EA still owns the copyright. The conversions exist on multiple sites that you can download them from and put in your game.
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
RE: the LS conversions. EA asked us to remove them. They still hold the copyright. Since they are currently having hosting sites remove TS2 that they do not offer on Origin, then I think we will continue to not allow stories conversions. Because EA still owns the copyright. The conversions exist on multiple sites that you can download them from and put in your game.

Hello @HugeLunatic
Are your replying in your capacity as a former Moderator?
This post is about the Moderator Queue or rather the lack of response when creators reply to changes required or rejections.

I deliberately was not being specific about the Sims Life Stories - Nursery Rejection but as you have, I would point out to you the following: -
1. At the time of upload, there was no Sim Life Stories objects listed on what cannot be uploaded - done after the fact.
2. This instruction from Maxis was issued in 2007; this is 2021 and a lot has happened since then such as other parts of the franchise are permitted to be converted. What the Moderator should have done was suspend my upload temporarily and check that the Maxis instruction still stands.
3. If Sims Life Stories objects can be uploaded and found on other web sites, then Maxis must approve that this okay or they would be removed too.
4. My main object i.e. the toy box, although created for the Sims Life Stories, any player will find that it was never actually placed in game - not found in Buy Mode - so strictly speaking it is not even a Sims Life Stories Object - I found it by chance whilst searching for the Sims Life Stories Rewards. As I am fond of creating sets, that was why I added the rewards teddy bear and a plant.

Meanwhile still awaiting an official response from my two items in the Moderator's Queue...
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#8 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 12:18 PM
From a legal perspective, Maxis issued an instruction to us, specifically, in 2007. Just because it's 2021 doesn't change that directive. Had the moderator checked I would have said "It still stands". We cannot and do not apply rules from other websites here, and never have done, so it doesn't matter what other sites do - only what has been communicated to us.

It would take far too long to contact Maxis, get a reply back, etc, way beyond a reasonable timeframe expected for an upload. Hence why they are not allowed. We do not need to specify each and every single possible item not allowed in the rules, else it would be really long and confusing, which is why this forum exists.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#9 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 12:55 PM
Also, just to add, we are discussing internally better ways to handle the process of what happens when a creator replies on a moderation queue thread for an upload that has already been rejected, since right now the process is not particularly great (for either party). For CRd upload's it appears directly on the moderation page, but this is not the case for rejected so we're looking into other ways to tackle this.

Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 7:14 PM
Also, just to add, we are discussing internally better ways to handle the process of what happens when a creator replies on a moderation queue thread for an upload that has already been rejected, since right now the process is not particularly great (for either party). For CRd upload's it appears directly on the moderation page, but this is not the case for rejected so we're looking into other ways to tackle this.

Hello @Tashiketh
Thank you for both your replies today.
RE contacting EA Games, I will contact them directly to find out one way or the other if the 2007 directive re Sims Life Stories objects still stands.
The other was a simple CR requesting a better pic of the object which was done over a week ago, yet no reply that the new pic is acceptable and the Moderator's Process has not been closed off either. I appreciate that you do not always get a reply about the acceptability of an update requested, but by this time, I would expect the Moderator's Process to be closed off.
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#11 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 7:50 PM
Hey @Ladysimplayer8
If you mean your Ultra Lounge Bath conversion, that upload was marked as okay so that should mean the changes you made were fine
If the upload was in the queue, it would be approved once the changes are made, but because it's in bypass it only is marked as "okay" so that's probably why you didn't receive any indication of it.
I'm not sure if that's something Tashiketh wants to add, to let creators know a bypassed creation has been okay-ed, but I don't imagine it will be a priority right now, as when it comes to bypass uploads, it's more of a case of "if there's a problem we'll let you know." Though if it's saying the upload still has an uncompleted CR maybe that's a technical thing that needs to be checked out.

Hope this makes sense. If you have a question about rubrics or uploading in general, it would be better to post in Creator Issues rather than on a specific upload, as if there are no issues with the upload, a moderator may not end up seeing it. If it does take a while for reply, it is likely because moderators are busy with the queue, but if it's been a few days with no reply, you could always tag a moderator or admin as a reminder. I'm not sure what question you had that was unanswered in Site Issues, but if it were a problem with an upload, Creator Issues would be the place to create a new thread and ask.
Inventor
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
Hey @Ladysimplayer8
If you mean your Ultra Lounge Bath conversion, that upload was marked as okay so that should mean the changes you made were fine
If the upload was in the queue, it would be approved once the changes are made, but because it's in bypass it only is marked as "okay" so that's probably why you didn't receive any indication of it.
I'm not sure if that's something Tashiketh wants to add, to let creators know a bypassed creation has been okay-ed, but I don't imagine it will be a priority right now, as when it comes to bypass uploads, it's more of a case of "if there's a problem we'll let you know." Though if it's saying the upload still has an uncompleted CR maybe that's a technical thing that needs to be checked out.

Hope this makes sense. If you have a question about rubrics or uploading in general, it would be better to post in Creator Issues rather than on a specific upload, as if there are no issues with the upload, a moderator may not end up seeing it. If it does take a while for reply, it is likely because moderators are busy with the queue, but if it's been a few days with no reply, you could always tag a moderator or admin as a reminder. I'm not sure what question you had that was unanswered in Site Issues, but if it were a problem with an upload, Creator Issues would be the place to create a new thread and ask.

Hello @zoe22
I appreciate your reply.
Personally, I was under the impression the Creator Issues was about seeking assistance when creating objects/mods etc and/or seeking approval that it was suitable to upload before actually uploading.
If the remit also includes issues/questions for an upload currently in the Moderation Process, then it is an option to use but. I think it could cause a bottle neck.
All I am looking for is for the Moderation Queue to work from start to finish; with no need for Moderators to be tagged.
Currently the Upload Rejection Process when a creator queries/disputes the reasoning behind that decision needs something better than no response.
Senior Moderator
#13 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 12:11 PM
Ah I meant to post in Creator Issues if you have a general question about uploading or the rubrics. If you have a question about an upload on the queue, then the moderation queue thread for that upload would be the place for that

Well to be fair, the process does work most of the time without moderators needing to be tagged!

Though like Tashiketh said, we are working on ways for replies on rejected threads to be seen better, so hopefully whatever solution comes from that will handle that issue.
Changes have already been made so replies on CRd threads are more visible to us when the creator hasn't made the changes yet, so that should also help both uploaders and us moderators.
Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Oct 2021 at 10:40 AM
Hello @Tashiketh
A response has now been received from Permissions Request at EA Games - my apologies for the delay in posting as on holiday last week.

I have looked through the link which has the general regulations covering fairness and disapproving any type of offensive content (similar to Mod the Sims Guidelines of content not accepted).
I am therefore requesting that my upload Sims Life Stories - Nursery (hopefully still somewhere in the Moderation Queue Process) can now be reactivated; and the 'new' added Sim Life Stories as not being permitted is removed.
Screenshots
Echezzman Nwokeoma
#15 Old 5th Nov 2021 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladysimplayer8
Hello @Tashiketh
A response has now been received from Permissions Request at EA Games - my apologies for the delay in posting as on holiday last week.

I have looked through the link which has the general regulations covering fairness and disapproving any type of offensive content (similar to Mod the Sims Guidelines of content not accepted).
I am therefore requesting that my upload Sims Life Stories - Nursery (hopefully still somewhere in the Moderation Queue Process) can now be reactivated; and the 'new' added Sim Life Stories as not being permitted is removed.

Thanks Ladysimplayer8 for the update. @Tashiketh will get back to you on this.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#16 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 3:32 PM
I've removed the rule from the guideline and unrejected the thread. If we get any flak for it, they'll get nuked again :D

Inventor
Original Poster
#17 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 4:09 PM
I've removed the rule from the guideline and unrejected the thread. If we get any flak for it, they'll get nuked again :D

Thank you @Tashiketh
I will contact the members who want to upload their Sim Life Stories objects and close this thread,
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#18 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 4:36 PM
I've removed the rule from the guideline

Screenshots
Inventor
Original Poster
#19 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 10:53 AM
Hello @Tashiketh
When I checked Content Allowed this morning, the rule re Life Stories and Stories Series Objects hasn't been removed yet.

I've updated the status of this thread "To Fix" and would appreciate if you could remove the rule at your earliest convenience.
Also, when I check my Credit Overview for Sims Life Stories - Nursery, it is showing as -1 (for rejection). As I unknowingly added a duplicate plant (I genuinely thought it was a Sims Life Stories Plant), the credit score should be +1. I would appreciate if this could be fixed too.

Thank you
Screenshots
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#20 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 9:01 AM
I've checked and updated the correct one now, thanks for the reminder. Also, adjusted the credit score.