Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Dress Me Correctly" Mod

by MogHughson Posted 6th Feb 2009 at 4:29 PM - Updated 15th Jun 2010 at 11:36 AM by MogHughson : Replacement .rar after server problem

117 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 108 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
#51 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 4:08 PM
Hokay, I`ve found it, extracted it, imported a copy of it into my HackLib.package, deleted a useless instruction [nothing led to it!], ADDED an instruction [Why didn`t I just edit the useless instruction?], moved the new instruction to the top, edited the new instruction to Wait For Notify (0x0000, 0x0000) with both Next Instruction pointers set to Return True. I`ll let you know tomorrow if it works as expected. If it does, I`ll probably delete the remaining instructions, as they can`t be accessed as-edited.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 7:47 PM
Well done! Really cool, and thanks for sharing

do the ska
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by girlishsim
hello :D

I really want to use this download ,
but i can not extract it .

Do you have any idea why it is happening ? it seems like everyone else got to use it successfuly ;-;
Sorry girlishsim - only just noticed your post for some reason. When you say that you cannot extract it - what error are you seeing? Sometimes a download does not complete successfully and leaves an incomplete file - usually downloading again solves the problem. Have you tried that?

Cheers
Mog
Scholar
#54 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 5:00 AM
And yet another "oh why didn't *I* think of that" mod. You're doing great work here, Mog. Thanks!

I must add, G-O-D's idea sounds good, too, though! What would it be like, if the two could be combined? Dress for Work/School when required, and let the Sim's personality take over otherwise)

If either of you is planning to release such a combo-mod, I'm all for it!
Test Subject
#55 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 7:36 AM
Thank you so much, you probably took ages to make this and its useful too sims 2 movies aswell.
AND what a amazing idea never heard anything like it but I love it
:p
Test Subject
#56 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 2:34 PM
tested it and am loving it, thanx!
Field Researcher
#57 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 8:25 PM
I will definitely use this mod! No Sim needs to change clothes a bazillion times in the day! Thanks a ton.
Test Subject
#58 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 9:04 PM
This will help my sims to be more organized thanks!
#59 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 7:58 PM
Quoting myself: "I`ll let you know tomorrow if it works as expected."

Oops! It isn`t "tomorrow" any more. ::blush:: I got sick, and didn`t spend any time here for a week.

Anyway, my idea worked, but not as expected. For ALL Sims, regardless of personality, they fail to dress immediately after exiting the bath or shower, as expected. Also as expected, for all Sims, if they have an activity scheduled that requires that they change into a specific outfit, they change as required by the activity. This SOMETIMES includes going out-doors, as Seasons [which I have installed] sometimes requires that Sims going outdoors change into Outerwear. When said Sims return indoors, they usually autonomously change into whatever clothing they were last wearing *before* the bath or shower. Sometimes, however, depending upon the weather, Sims will go outdoors NAKED, which was NOT expected for any but the most outgoing of Sims, but *has* been observed in Sims who are somewhat less outgoing. For the most part, however, unless modified by something like going outdoors in bad weather or being required to dress specifically by another action, all Sims, regardless of personality, will gladly go about their activities stark naked, until they exhaust their queue of things to do, at which point they will suddenly notice their nakedness, get embarased [sp?], and spin into whatever clothing they were wearing before bathing.

One consequence of this is that one can manually tell the Sim what to change into while the Sim is still in the shower or tub, and the Sim will dutifully go change into the chosen outfit without spinning into other clothing first. It can also be fun watching two naked Sims repeatedly become shocked at seeing each other naked.

While testing my hack, I have had one Sim [that I am aware of] go off-lot in the buff, but as he was an NPC University student whom I *may* have controlled with the Control This Sim hack, it may have been an obscure interaction between my hack, what I had the character do while under manual control, and the oddities of University student NPCs.

Scholar
#60 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 3:29 PM
Brilliant idea! Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
#61 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 2:34 PM
I did not understand everything, but I know your excellent work, I'm going to try, thank you.
Test Subject
#62 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 10:54 AM
it doesn't work!!
Field Researcher
#63 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flygon357
it doesn't work!!

um, yes, it does. It works exactly as described.
#64 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 6:45 PM
Mog, do you think I should try to upload my little hack? Is it worth uploading?

Lab Assistant
#65 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 9:34 PM
This is great. Can wait to try. Thanks a lot.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flygon357
it doesn't work!!
Hi there flygon357,

Could you be a little more specific?

There's a section at the bottom of the main thread requesting specific information if you think it isn't working for you. Could you please provide those details and I will endeavor to help you.

Cheers
Mog
Field Researcher
#67 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 10:32 PM
I'm really enjoying this mod. It's working out so well in my game. Thank you!
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#68 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
Mog, do you think I should try to upload my little hack? Is it worth uploading?
Of course you should. The one thing I've learned, espeically with this mod, is that everyone has different ideas of what they want to happen in certain situations. I certainly think there is room for variety in this case - your's, mine and Ailias's mod - I've linked to his as an alternative and will link to yours too, Go for it!

Cheers
Mog
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 10:09 PM
Just wanted to mention, for awhile now I've been using Squinge's change to underwear after bath/shower mod. I have all my Sims buy a bathrobe and set that as their underwear. I liked this better than the towel mod. But I want to try this one and see how it goes. I'm assuming I have to remove Squinge's mod first, but I also wanted to mention it as another alternative.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pearlbh
Just wanted to mention, for awhile now I've been using Squinge's change to underwear after bath/shower mod. I have all my Sims buy a bathrobe and set that as their underwear. I liked this better than the towel mod. But I want to try this one and see how it goes. I'm assuming I have to remove Squinge's mod first, but I also wanted to mention it as another alternative.
I assume it will clash - I have PM-ed Squinge to confirm. I assume it's on InSIM? I don't have an ID. If you have a URL I'll add it to the related mods list.

Cheers
Mog
Test Subject
#71 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 7:14 PM
Wuau! It's awesome! Love it!
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 3:52 PM
Awesome!! Thank you so much
Scholar
#73 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 10:15 PM
Thank you! This will be very useful!
Like all of your great mods! :lovestruc

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Field Researcher
#74 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 12:58 PM
Hi there

First off, thanks for making this, it's been great. I have noticed a couple of minor discrepencies with this though, to do with school:

My teens are in private school, so if they're in the shower just before having to leave, they'll change straight into uniform. This is fine, except that they also do it on snow days or weekends, so on their days off they're walking about the house in their uniform! As dapper as they look in that outfit, it doesn't fit somehow I don't know if it's the same for work yet, haven't had the chance to test.

Is this avoidable, or is it just something we'll have to bear with this mod?

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 4:26 PM Last edited by MogHughson : 16th Aug 2009 at 9:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sadie79
My teens are in private school, so if they're in the shower just before having to leave, they'll change straight into uniform. This is fine, except that they also do it on snow days or weekends, so on their days off they're walking about the house in their uniform! As dapper as they look in that outfit, it doesn't fit somehow I don't know if it's the same for work yet, haven't had the chance to test.
I had not considered snow days but weekends should have been covered by the concept of "Does Sim have school on this day". I could believe that snow days were random and thus not covered by that. It will require a correction, but should be perfectly possible to cover this in the mod as well. I will look into it. Many thanks for your report. Watch this space.

Cheers
Mog

EDIT: Both these problems now fixed. See latest update on main thread
Page 3 of 5