Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Dress Me Correctly" Mod

by MogHughson Posted 6th Feb 2009 at 4:29 PM - Updated 15th Jun 2010 at 11:36 AM by MogHughson : Replacement .rar after server problem

117 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 108 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#76 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 4:19 PM
Nice job - thanks.
Field Researcher
#77 Old 4th May 2009 at 2:15 PM
Nice mod. I always like these "why didn't the game behave like this to begin with" type mods. One nice effect of this mod in University dorms is that there will always be some dormies hanging out in their PJs (since they don't actually sleep in their beds at night so they don't change into everyday when they "wake up"). It's a nice realistic touch.
Test Subject
#78 Old 10th May 2009 at 10:21 AM
wow...thanks for doing this for us! I love it.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 18th May 2009 at 12:58 PM
Hi, I just wanted to check that uninstalling this mod is as simple as deleting it from the downloads folder? I recently downloaded a bunch of custom content from TSR and then updated to AL and now my fridges don't work. I can only juggle bottles! I'm currently doing a full reinstall and hoping that it will work... Let's just say I dont' want to have to go through this again!
Test Subject
#80 Old 20th May 2009 at 8:22 PM
Great. I love it. Great job.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#81 Old 20th May 2009 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chuckles_82
Hi, I just wanted to check that uninstalling this mod is as simple as deleting it from the downloads folder?
Yep - nothing else you need to do to get rid of it but remove it from downloads.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 30th May 2009 at 11:40 PM
Awesome mod! It's irritating when my Sim showers at 8 PM and changes into his/her daytime clothes right after, then I have to send the Sim to the dresser to change into their PJs. I also like how teen Sims who attend private school will automatically change into their school uniform when they shower in the morning during the week.
Test Subject
#83 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 5:35 PM
Really nice... Thank you for shareing

Rheassi
------------
Inventor
#84 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 7:36 AM
I'm getting something weird happen in my game with Children, whenever they take a bath they don't remove there clothes anymore, no matter what outfit they have on they get in the bath with it on, this only started happening after downloading this mod. (I have all Eps and Sps).

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Test Subject
#85 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 8:09 PM
I agree! It's so silly that they only change into everyday when it's 11pm. It annoys me. But not anymore now I found this. Your creations are so useful!! Do more, DO MORE!

xxxxxxxxxoooxxxxxxxxxxx
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#86 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PearDrops
I'm getting something weird happen in my game with Children, whenever they take a bath they don't remove there clothes anymore, no matter what outfit they have on they get in the bath with it on, this only started happening after downloading this mod. (I have all Eps and Sps).
This mod only kicks in when Sims Get Dressed after a bath or shower, there is no BHAV code in this mod for anything that happens before getting in the bath or shower. If you are sure it is this mod, I suggest you remove only this mod from your downloads and see if it fixes it. If it does, there may be a clash with another mod, perhaps both trying to update the same set of constants. I suggest that a check for clashing mods might be a good next step. You can use a utility for this. Have a read of this and then go to the link and download the utility. The link takes you to the front page, the click on Sims2 button in top-left, then click on "Programs" in the main page, and you will be taken to a page which has the utility about three rows down.

Cheers
Mog
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 8:34 PM
iwas going to ask how to incorporate the dress in towel mod for days the sims don't work and just want to lounge for an hour in the house like i do some time
Test Subject
#88 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 1:42 PM
I've not read the thread (seeing as its 4 pages), but I wanted to say: I have the Seasons EP, and it may or may not be this mod, but my Sims aren't changing into outwear when going outside. Quite a few of them have gotten pale from being cold and a couple froze. This includes both townies and playables. Just to let you know.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#89 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kkkayleighh
I've not read the thread (seeing as its 4 pages), but I wanted to say: I have the Seasons EP, and it may or may not be this mod, but my Sims aren't changing into outwear when going outside. Quite a few of them have gotten pale from being cold and a couple froze. This includes both townies and playables. Just to let you know.
As noted two posts above, this mod only gets driven when the Sim is getting in out of a bath or shower. If you are sure your problem started happening when you added this mod, I suggest removing it again to test that there isn't some clash going on with another mod - if that does fix it, then next step is to check for a clashing mod - see two posts earlier for link to a tool that allows you to do that.
Test Subject
#90 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 7:05 PM
how come i cant download files that say .rar? bc i cant download this.

Pearflavored[U][CENTER]
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#91 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pearflavored
how come i cant download files that say .rar? bc i cant download this.
Hi there pearflavored. I'm afriad you're going to have to give us a little more to go on than that before we can help you. What happens when you try to download a .rar file? Do you get an error of some sort?

Cheers
Mog
Field Researcher
#92 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 2:30 AM
Okay, I've been speaking with MH over PM about hack conflicts, and although we're still investigating one, the other's a definite problem.

Do not use this with Bathroom Uses You!

MH directed me to a thread on MATY, where Pescado had this to say about the matter:

Quote:
Bathroom Uses You is designed to use the shower as a quick and efficient method of fixing hygiene and simultaneously changing them into appropriate uniform. Don't install non-Awesome crap that alters useful standard behavior and expect it to work. Besides, if you implemented a dumb thing like that, sims would stomp around in their underwear forever unless you nannied them. Stupid. And non-Awesome.

As for children showering with their clothes on, I've had that too - interestingly enough it's only been in one game (I keep separate PermaGames courtesy of the AGS). It's not this mod to blame; I suspect jaxad's no NPC revert. I could be wrong, but that was something I had in one game but not the other *shrug*

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Test Subject
#93 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 2:54 PM
Thank you to the heavens above!! I truly appreciate what you have uplaoded here. I have gotten tired of Sims 'spinning' over and over. This is exactly the mod I've been looking for. :-)
Test Subject
#94 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 6:11 PM
Thank you for this great mod! "D
Test Subject
#95 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 11:11 AM
i dont get it? what does this do????
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#96 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel99810
i dont get it? what does this do????
If you've read the thread and don't understand I'm not sure me, the author of the thread, is likely to be able to explain it any better, but I will try.

Essentially, when your Sim gets out of the bath/shower they will change into pyjamas if it's bedtime, work outfit if it's worktime, school uniform if it's school time and otherwise everyday clothes.

Without this mod, they would change into everyday clothes and then immediately change again into aforementioned different outfits as required. This double change annoyed me - waste of time - so I fixed it.

Does that help?

Cheers
Mog

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Test Subject
#97 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 5:14 PM
If you have a nanny who most take a shower on nighttime whit this mod,she change to censure. Thats kinda funny i think,especially when they get a few bugs to.
I love this mod anyway,I think it's very usefully.
Test Subject
#98 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 4:12 AM
i've been looking for something like this! my sims usually take a shower right before bed. its stupid to change back into everyday when you're going to bed right after the shower thanks so much! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 6:43 PM
this mod works in Manssion and Garden too but sometimes you need to ask them to make the bed in order to dress up if not they go out to get the mail in night/sleep time outfits lolz
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#100 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mysteryhouse
this mod works in Manssion and Garden too but sometimes you need to ask them to make the bed in order to dress up if not they go out to get the mail in night/sleep time outfits lolz
This mod will have no effect on changing clothes at any time that is not straight after a bath or shower. If your Sims change clothes when they make the bed that is not something this mod is doing. Equally this mod does not force a change of clothes when you go outside - if you send your Sims out to get the mail when they were wearing their PJs they would stay in those PJs with or without this mod - the only time Sims change clothes to go outside is if you have Seasons EP and it is Winter. This mod doesn't change that behaviour either.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Page 4 of 5