Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

University For Your Home World

by lewisb40 Posted 17th Apr 2013 at 11:28 AM - Updated 9th Feb 2016 at 1:20 AM by lewisb40 : To add more emphasis on the requirements

112 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 63 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Theorist
THANKS POST
#26 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 6:33 PM
YAY!!! Than you so much for this! Looking forward to installing it as soon as I get UL. Thanks again lewisb
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#27 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 8:40 PM
...I think I love you! :D

This is amazing, really! I can finally play university properly now <3
Forum Resident
#28 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 6:56 AM
I asked Twallan if we need all the aditional "career" and his answer was...
Twallan: "You only require the base-mod for homeworld University."
Twallan: "Your sim will graduate if they achieve sufficient credits just like EA Standard University.

The "University Student" career does replace your current career though, so you should make sure you have enough money to live off while enrolled"
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#29 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 2:42 PM
Aww, so the only thing is that the Sims won't have lecture classes cause there's no SU building? Too bad, lol. But why didn't the professor turn up when you had an SU building off the lot? Was that a bug or just a weird one off thing where he just got lazy and decided to skip teaching the students for a day? Lol.

Thanks for the lot by the way! It saves us all some time in building it ourselves, very nicely done.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 3:51 PM
Hi Catalina_45. I saw your post at Nraas and posted what others said about needing datatones package because they didn't get the classes without it. I have always played with the Career Mod suite so I didn't know which parts of the mod was needed. All I knew is my sim attended classes, got their scholarships and graduated. Thank you for the PM, will get to that edit later today.

Luisa's Bones, my sim attends the lectures but there is no teacher because Twallan needs to work on SP more and allow some sims in town or homeless to be the professor. He said we could use MC to assign the job, but I haven't been able to succeed doing it. I am getting script errors. As long my sims get the credit, I don't mind waiting.

I have the community college in another world and no SU building, when there's a lot missing the classes are assigned to the community college lot. As long your sim is on the lot, they get credit.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 5:54 PM
If Twallan help us with the teacher, will be a revolution in game...
For me is already a revolution...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 5:58 PM
Thanks, I'll be looking forward to be playing this shortly.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 3:26 AM
This is so very handy, and I'm so glad you shared it with us all. Though the thanks for the data tones tip is not needed, it is appreciated, and you are most welcome
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#34 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 12:27 PM
This is me being stupid, but how can you see into the buildings? Aren't they rabbit holes and don't your sims just disappear inside them? Or are the rabbit holes in the basement, and your sim goes downstairs and becomes invisble to see their lectures?
I'm going to give this a try. I'll pretend my adult mom wants to go study buisness.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#35 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 3:58 PM
This looks great in every world I've put it in so far. I only wish my RL community college had looked this good.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 2:01 AM
Thank you for this. I use Twallan's mods and Margaret's rugs as well. It's so nice to be able to rip out some of those enormous EA buildings to something much nicer and much more fitting for my home world. I despise building and now something better to put into the lots place. :winks Thank you again, excellent job!!
Test Subject
#37 Old 2nd May 2013 at 12:40 AM
Ever since I put this in my game freezes around the 2-4 am area. Do you know of any way I can fix this?
Forum Resident
#38 Old 3rd May 2013 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darkmetal
Ever since I put this in my game freezes around the 2-4 am area. Do you know of any way I can fix this?

Try to see with Dashboard if you have some conflict with Twallan Career. Delete your four cache files and try again.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#39 Old 5th May 2013 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darkmetal

I don't know if you use any other mod, but I read that EA's Story Progression does checks and clean around that time. I use Twallan's SP and Overwatch, I know the latter does checks and clean up at 3am. It does cause a minor freeze sometimes, don't know if that is a cause for you.

Also you can try what Catalina posted too. Thanks very much Catalina.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 13th May 2013 at 8:28 PM
Oh wow thank you so much for also explaining how home world University works, I use Twallans mod but have never even touched the ones you mentioned, I'm going to try with just The base career mod and Tones. So thank you alot
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 13th May 2013 at 8:30 PM
No more dull farm schools for my Bridgeport Sims!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 27th May 2013 at 9:51 PM Last edited by atomic_tangerine : 29th May 2013 at 2:14 AM.
This is awesome! I love it absolutely love it, have one in all of my games!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 2:04 AM
I have this, the rugs, and most of NRaas mods, but my sim was re-set back to her home lot when it was time for the meet and greet. I posted my script error file at NRaas and TWallen said that I also needed the student services desk for the orientation or meet and greet. I have not been able to get that problem solved so I wanted to know do my sims have to go to the meet and greet or can they just continue going to their classes and still graduate?

also so far it has just been my active sim sitting in an empty classroom taking notes all by herself. Is that the way everyone else's game is? I just imagined NPC's would be pushed by the game to join her in the rm, maybe even a professor actually at the podium.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mekia02
I have this, the rugs, and most of NRaas mods, but my sim was re-set back to her home lot when it was time for the meet and greet. I posted my script error file at NRaas and TWallen said that I also needed the student services desk for the orientation or meet and greet. I have not been able to get that problem solved so I wanted to know do my sims have to go to the meet and greet or can they just continue going to their classes and still graduate?

also so far it has just been my active sim sitting in an empty classroom taking notes all by herself. Is that the way everyone else's game is? I just imagined NPC's would be pushed by the game to join her in the rm, maybe even a professor actually at the podium.

I never sent my sims to the meet and greet in my homeworld, just to the lectures. I have graduated 4 sims so far, but I don't play much now a days.

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 10th Sep 2013 at 5:50 PM
It's great that my sims could study their degree in the living town. However, it looks like no other inactive sims will enroll and study here. My sims are a bit lonely to study alone. Is there anyway to push other inactive sims to study here? Actually, there're even very few visitors to the campus.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 15th Sep 2013 at 9:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wheatberry
It's great that my sims could study their degree in the living town. However, it looks like no other inactive sims will enroll and study here. My sims are a bit lonely to study alone. Is there anyway to push other inactive sims to study here? Actually, there're even very few visitors to the campus.

Sorry about the late reply but at one time Twallan did allow some of the homeless to attend. When I started my game and didn't kick out the homeless there were other students. I guess it got out of hand or something because Twallan changed the Career mod. My college have lots of visitors and I put a small restaurant with the items that came from the store, so the townies are flocking there.

I noticed with the mod changes the meet and greet has happened on Mondays at 12pm which conflicts with classes. I just have to make the sims go back to class when that happens. Hopefully Twallan will change that.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 5:03 PM
@lewisb40: Twallan is a superman. Hope he could help this wonderful mod. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#48 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 12:02 AM
Cool, very nice, thank's a lot.
Test Subject
#49 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 5:06 PM
Can you even have that many NRAAS mods? I thought they said not to have more than 4?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#50 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by slinkyatrest
Can you even have that many NRAAS mods? I thought they said not to have more than 4?

If that is so...I am in trouble. I have most of Twallan's mods in my game with no problems nor have I seen that warning on his page. I think it wouldn't be a problem using Twallan's mods, all of them.

Page 2 of 5