Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

University For Your Home World

by lewisb40 Posted 17th Apr 2013 at 11:28 AM - Updated 9th Feb 2016 at 1:20 AM by lewisb40 : To add more emphasis on the requirements

112 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 63 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
#51 Old 15th Oct 2013 at 2:48 PM
This is really exciting - I'm looking forward to making a university in my home world. First, though, I need to ask something silly: where do I find the buildings once I've downloaded them? Are they in Edit Town mode? I've looked everywhere, and tried filtering by CC only, but there was nothing there. I don't play around with buildings much, and I'm starting to feel rather stupid going in circles. :/
Test Subject
#52 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 8:49 AM
Hi, I have just downloaded and put this lot into my game! It looks great.

But how can I get my dorm to work (in HOMEWORLD) without merging all the sims into the same family.
The lot is set to dormitory, and i do get the signs to come up, but I can't seem to move them into a dorm if 1 sim is already living there.
Using mastercontroller's Add Sim, but that merged the household together.

My main goal is to keep the sims living there for free, as they are suppose to be uni students =)
Test Subject
#53 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 10:50 AM
On the surface, it all seems to work great, classes, options, other students, but my sim never graduates, just keeps taking classes for weeks. and yes, I have the careers mod.with the mods for it.I've been having nothing but problems with going to a university in general though.but this seems to be unique to the rugs though.
Test Subject
#54 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cjbarker32
On the surface, it all seems to work great, classes, options, other students, but my sim never graduates, just keeps taking classes for weeks. and yes, I have the careers mod.with the mods for it.I've been having nothing but problems with going to a university in general though.but this seems to be unique to the rugs though.

I had that same problem in the Uni world before I downloaded the rugs, so I don't think that's the cause. The issue is that the game isn't applying your sim's credits at the end of the term, so if you have Master Controller you can just use that to apply your earned credits at the end of the term and everything should proceed normally from there. I have no idea what's causing it but this fix has worked out fine for me everytime, both at a custom homeworld school and in the Uni world.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 10:55 AM
@kitkatbiatch, I don't think you can set up a dorm in the home world. I never have tried that, my sims stay in a starter until they can afford a larger home. I don't know what to tell you for that.

@cjbarker32, I just graduated a couple of sims last night. My sims don't have to go to the stadium but I am using a small community college that don't have the college stadium rug. They graduated at home. *shrugs* Have you tried checking your mods for conflict? What about replacing the RH rugs? With the changes in whom is updating the Careers mod, see if you have the latest update.

Sorry for not getting back to everyone. I didn't think this post was still being looked at. Thank you for downloading and the comments along with it.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 2:40 PM
Thanks, Was my next project, but yours are nicer!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#57 Old 13th May 2014 at 4:43 PM
Love this idea for the Home World. Opens up a new way to play UNI right at "home"... many thanks.
Test Subject
#58 Old 18th May 2014 at 4:10 PM
When I download NRAAS Career Part Time Data mod, it says 502 Bad Gateway. Is there another place to download it at?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 7:11 AM
This lot reminds me so incrediably much of the ts2 university life, for some reason.. It makes me all nostalgic. I really like it. You've basically brought back the sims spirit in this lot, which is unusual.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Sorry about the late reply but at one time Twallan did allow some of the homeless to attend. When I started my game and didn't kick out the homeless there were other students. I guess it got out of hand or something because Twallan changed the Career mod. My college have lots of visitors and I put a small restaurant with the items that came from the store, so the townies are flocking there.

I noticed with the mod changes the meet and greet has happened on Mondays at 12pm which conflicts with classes. I just have to make the sims go back to class when that happens. Hopefully Twallan will change that.

So did Twallan said anything about how to make a professor appear ?
Test Subject
#61 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:16 PM
Hi, I downloaded and installed the Tunes Mod and the rugs, but the student career still strips off my sim when I change active households. Did I miss something? I have the 1.6.7. patch.

Oh, I also intalled the Base Mod, of course.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 3:15 AM
This is awesome.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 3:39 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 11:07 PM
hi i downloaded rugs and placed them whenever my sim goes to class it says the your sim does not have class right now but she does and it says sheès skipping!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#65 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 2:11 AM
how do you enroll I click on the admiration building but it does not give the option to enroll. Please Help!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 6:02 PM
love this!! I changed my university town using the guide :http://modthesims.info/t/497978. used a blank world and added this to it. created my own university town. thanks for this!!!!
Test Subject
#67 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 9:44 PM
how do i enroll? i click on the lot but it only lets me visit it or use nraas, do i cant enroll i can only go to the expansionpack uni
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 5:46 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH I WILL SEE IF IT WORKS YOU ARE A GENIUS
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 5:46 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH I WILL SEE IF IT WORKS YOU ARE A GENIUS
Test Subject
#70 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 5:24 PM
It says that the RH rugs are no longer available to download. Is this happening to anyone else?
Test Subject
#71 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 5:25 PM
I cant Download The RH rugs no more
Test Subject
#72 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 9:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by madiusa
It says that the RH rugs are no longer available to download. Is this happening to anyone else?

Yes Same! It's so annoying!
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heyitschloeee
Yes Same! It's so annoying!

You know what's annoying? People taking content that I worked hard on and posting it on their own website like they own it.
Test Subject
#74 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Margaret Pendragon
You know what's annoying? People taking content that I worked hard on and posting it on their own website like they own it.

YASSSS!

She could also stop distributing her work alltogether, stop being such sourpuss guys
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#75 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 7:47 PM
@lewisb40, since the upload post of the rabbithole rugs by Margaret Pendragon has been deleted, can you please provide instructions in your upload post on how to acquire them?

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Page 3 of 5