Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

University For Your Home World

by lewisb40 Posted 17th Apr 2013 at 11:28 AM - Updated 9th Feb 2016 at 1:20 AM by lewisb40 : To add more emphasis on the requirements

112 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 63 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Top Secret Researcher
#76 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 7:57 PM
Thanks Buzzler, I've already PM'd her to ask her to note that the rugs are available by request only.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#77 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 8:07 PM
OMG! I just woke up and decided to check what was happening in the forums, got the message. I will definitely get on this and correct it. I am so sorry @Margaret Pendragon, I had no idea your links changed.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#78 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 8:18 PM
It's not your fault I only recently took my downloads offline, due to repeated instances of people hosting my content elsewhere. It's time to limit my exposure. I'm still fulfilling many requests privately, so that Twallan's homeworld university can be used with wonderful lots such as you have made.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 8:21 AM
saw Lifesimmer use it and it looked amazing!
Test Subject
#80 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 9:07 AM
What type of lot do I make this? Cause the Student union option didn't work for me
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 4:23 PM
thank you
Inventor
THANKS POST
#82 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 10:04 PM
Lewisb, thank you for this lot, it is fantastic!! ;D

And thanks to Margaret Pendragon for her rugs and other mods I have enjoyed in my games.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 12:39 AM
Doesnt work 4 me but looks amazing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 2:35 PM
THANK YOU!! I don't have ALL the EPs, and I had to edit the lot and place the rugs myself (thank you, Margaret Pendragon), but it works perfectly. One thing to note about hometown university enrollment is that you MUST enroll at the lot, NOT over the phone or computer which will whisk you away to UL world. As soon as your sim takes the aptitude test, he will usually wish to enroll via phone or computer. Ignore his wish and send him to the admin building, where he can enroll on-site.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 1:52 AM
this is so asome
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#86 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 5:15 PM
Thank you for a beautiful building.....and THANK YOU AND KUDOS to Margaret Pendragon for the rabbithole rugs, and for sticking to your guns!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 12:17 AM
Note to downloaders: Don't shy away from this for months because you don't want to email MargaretPendragon for the rugs! She responded within days. And I love having this lot in my town.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#88 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 4:09 PM
i have the mods but idk how will the same town same uni lot thing work. if i enroll to uni then they travel they don't go to the lot i placed. i'm trying to understand how will i make my sims go to the uni i placed in the same town they live in! anyone who had this is working let me know please.
Test Subject
#89 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 1:14 AM
Hi!

I can't contact Margaret Pendragon... There is a message on her site :

"Requests are currently CLOSED. This is only temporary. Requests will reopen after I’ve had a chance to go through the last batch of requests. With a newborn to care for now, this is taking me a little longer than usual."

Can I have those rugs in other way?
Field Researcher
#90 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by servule
Hi!

I can't contact Margaret Pendragon... There is a message on her site :

"Requests are currently CLOSED. This is only temporary. Requests will reopen after I’ve had a chance to go through the last batch of requests. With a newborn to care for now, this is taking me a little longer than usual."

Can I have those rugs in other way?

Technically no, but if she doesn't respond within a long while, as long as you respect the original distribution intentions (i.e., not reposting) it wouldn't be particularly bad to have someone else give them to you privately. Give it a week or so just in case "a little" longer is literal.

(I've pretty much already told M.P. this, but I still find the whole "ask me for permission" thing silly. The whole point of doing "hard work" and releasing it for free is to enrich a community. So what if a bunch of children bury your crap behind Adfly links and earn pennies? They're not part of the community and you're bigger than that.)
Test Subject
#91 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JT`
Technically no, but if she doesn't respond within a long while, as long as you respect the original distribution intentions (i.e., not reposting) it wouldn't be particularly bad to have someone else give them to you privately. Give it a week or so just in case "a little" longer is literal.

(I've pretty much already told M.P. this, but I still find the whole "ask me for permission" thing silly. The whole point of doing "hard work" and releasing it for free is to enrich a community. So what if a bunch of children bury your crap behind Adfly links and earn pennies? They're not part of the community and you're bigger than that.)

Hi JT!

Thanks for your quick anwser
I have nothing against the fact of asking her to download the packages but I can not even ... She closed the wicket. Even if it's only temporary, there is no indication if she will take requests one day ...

I hope that a good Samaritan will be kind enough to give those me or that Mrs. Pendragon will make available very soon her email so I can make her a request... For your information, I'm not a Russian villain thief! Just a girl who starts to play Sims 3 because I don't like Sims 4 (which I find too empty) and I will use these rugs for personal purposes.

Regards
Test Subject
#92 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 7:30 PM
Even with all the required mods from Twallan and Pendragon this lot will not appear in my game. The sims pack gives me an error and the package files is not appearing in my game at all.
Test Subject
#93 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 11:52 PM
What type of lot do I need to make this in order for it to work properly?
Test Subject
#94 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 5:28 PM
Default Same Problem
Quote: Originally posted by catalina_45
On the rug of the administration I don't have "unroll in University", I have only "visit..."
I get it all your described mod and rug.... what I am doing wrong? I must complete the test, first?...
I have a diplom, my sim was on University world once... please help!

I looked to Margaret Pendragon thread to see if on the pie menu of administration appear "unroll..." but even there I didn't found it...

I'm having the same problem! I think it might be the type of lot, but I don't know what type of lot it should be.
Test Subject
#95 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peppyginger123
I'm having the same problem! I think it might be the type of lot, but I don't know what type of lot it should be.

Where are you putting this lot? If it's somewhere other than your home world twallag says you have to install the "traveler" mod or you willnot get the "enroll" option
quoting nraas site: "You must have Traveler installed to see the academic degree listed in the "Enroll in University" travel window.
If you intend to use a homeworld university, Traveler is not required."
Test Subject
#96 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 1:36 PM
Hi, I'm really struggling with this mod and was wondering if I could get some help. Basically, I downloaded the Twallan Base mod, Tones and Schools mod, and I downloaded this one but whenever I go into edit town and the bin, but I cannot see it anywhere. When I load the game and the mod scripture comes up it says I have the mods in-game, please help because I desperately want this mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 7:13 PM
OMG! I've been looking for something like this for a series I'm making! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#98 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 3:51 PM
Thanks for such great lot. It's been working fine for me so far (haven't played up to graduating yet though). Just a few notes. I don't want to call them bugs, because the lot works well anyway, and they are likely about the mod, not the lot:
- When I placed the lot, the rugs were just ordinary, not the RH rugs, and I had to replace them. This also happened with other custom home world uni lots, so obviously not your fault. Just wondering why could that be.
- Again, no idea why, but I couldn't put the Arts rug in the proper place. I kept getting the popup saying that 'can't place objects beyond the lot's borders' or something like this. Placed it with moveobjects and it worked ok.
- I have Career Tones, but still no lectures. Tuesday is simply a day off for my sims. Which is kinda nice of course XD
Anyway. Thumbs up for your great job. ^^.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 2:39 PM
thank you
Test Subject
#100 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 9:42 AM
Hi! First of all, thank you for the lot, that's great!

I'm not sure I should post my question here or at Nraas (probably both) but has anyone also encountered the issue that your active sim won't go to class? If I push my sim to go, it says there are no classes at that moment, but it also says at the same time that my sim is skipping class. I also can't go to the scheduled exams. I have all the Nraas mods that are needed.

Has anyone found a solution yet?
Page 4 of 5