Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#851 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 6:51 PM
Can sims randomly come around to another's house univited?

I ask because Megan Spencer showed up at my legacy house uninvited, I just scrolled around the house and there she was, playing pool! Robin Spencer showed up at her sorta-daughter's house once too uninvited, and started feeding a bottle to one of the babies.
Advertisement
Scholar
#852 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 7:02 PM
Thats happen to everyone at least once, I think!

It happens to me too. People come in, help themselves to some food, or watch TV, then walk back out again. Once, a Sim would keep coming to my Sims house at the same time each Sim day until I quit the lot.

The last time it happened to me was only this week I think. A Sim kept going over to her eldest daughter's house and watching TV.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Instructor
#853 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 7:13 PM
I think it has to be a relative though. I remember when I first got the game the mother of the first family I ever made came to her sons house when no one was home. She cleaned the house, made herself food and watched tv til her son came home. He came home and ran to her and gave her a hug.
Scholar
#854 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 7:32 PM
No it isn't always a relative. The incident I described above when a guy would come to a Sims house every night was not a family member, or even a friend of the family.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Test Subject
#855 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 8:06 PM
Aye, like Figgi says, it's not always a relative. Not even always a sim that's very well known to the family. My legacy family had a sim come over uninvited that I don't think anyone really knew (was the mother of one of the teenagers that came home from school with my legacy teenager). I do think relatives coming over occurs more often. I've certainly seen brothers/sisters or parents come over uninvited more often.
Field Researcher
#856 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 9:59 PM
How weird. This is the first time I hear of that happening, and just today, it happens in my game. Weird indeed...
Field Researcher
#857 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 1:08 AM
I've had people drop by uninvited too. XD It's usually a relative but sometimes it's just someone random. And sometimes it's an enemy.

I'm still wondering if anyone's yet found a way of removing perma-plat caused by the lifetime meter reaching the top. So far I've tried resetting his benefit points, using Insim, and using testingcheats, and none of them have helped.
Scholar
#858 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 3:14 AM
Can you delete the .rar files after you've extracted the files out of them or will That make the downloads not work?
Test Subject
#859 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 3:21 AM
The random drop-ins tend to be the more outgoing sims in the neighborhood. Beau Broke (all grown-up and married to Kaylynn the maid) is the most frequent uninvited guest for all my sim households. Part of what triggers the middle of the night visits is if one of my sims is on the phone with one of Beau's children. I think it's related to the cases where an adult will come pick up a child because it's "way past their bedtime," despite the fact that the child in question is not physically on the lot.
Lab Assistant
#860 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 7:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zaggytiddies
Can you delete the .rar files after you've extracted the files out of them or will That make the downloads not work?

You can delete them once you've extracted the files to your Downloads folder. The only reason for them being packaged in .rar or .zip files is to make them smaller and easier to download. Esp. when the creator wishes to put several files of a set together for downloading.
#861 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 9:51 AM
Can I remove the neighbourhoods I'm not using from the neighbourhoods folder in My Documents without breaking my game?

i.e. Can I take Pleasantview out, and not suffer the fiery ball of doom?
Lab Assistant
#862 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Stasisesque
Can I remove the neighbourhoods I'm not using from the neighbourhoods folder in My Documents without breaking my game?

I'm almost sure this is possible
Scholar
#863 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stasisesque

Yep, I deleted Veronaville, Riverblossom hills and Pleasentview. Only have Strangetown and my custom hoods, and the one that came with Free Time.
Scholar
#864 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 5:46 PM
That's amazing.. I've got a lot of deleting to do. Thanks Ndayeni!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#865 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 5:54 PM
Regarding random sims dropping by uninvited - I've heard this can also be due to Free Time and the BFF system. If you have a BFF, they can just walk in your house and make themselves at home without being greeted or invited. I did occasionally experience this before FT/BFFs but I've specifically heard info on it happening with BFFs after FT.

Stasisesque/Zaggytiddies - If you're going to delete neighborhoods, it's a bit better to do so from in-game, on the neighborhood chooser. There's a small trash can icon that will appear toward the bottom once you have a neighborhood selected. It -usually- goes okay if you delete them from within Windows but there are occasionally issues with disappearing neighborhoods that we haven't tracked down yet, so I'd strongly recommend doing it in-game as that way is known to be safe.

Also... I am going to close this thread and open a new one. We're up to 865 posts and that's a lot for a single thread.

If you have unanswered questions, feel free to post them again on the new thread.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Continued on new thread.
Page 35 of 35