Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#6176 Old 17th Mar 2022 at 4:13 AM
I have 2 Pet Peeves today. Well, I have had them for years but decided today is the day I say something about them.

1. NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE has to use the bathroom, take a bath, and eat as much as a sims does. Well, with the exception of pregnant women.

2. Some careers really do make good money. Not everybody in the world is poor. Rock Stars should make more money than $3,000 some odd dollars. I mean even Dr Hook back in the 70's sung they made $10,000 a show in the song "On The Cover of The Rolling Stone." And with the cost living that has gone up since, a Rock Star should make more than $10,000 a show.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6177 Old 18th Mar 2022 at 8:53 AM
One of mine today is that all of the MTS download archives are broken today meaning nothing can be downloaded.
Mad Poster
#6178 Old 18th Mar 2022 at 10:51 AM
Wretched mesh that insisted on giving me a face count mismatch on a fat morph, even after I spent ages confirming that the normal morph and the fat morph were identical!
Scholar
#6179 Old 18th Mar 2022 at 11:36 PM
I'm coming to terms with the fact that my Simself's grandson's fiancee is now a runaway bride... She flat out disappeared on him in college! She used to be a playable but she disappeared. He finds her (we pretend I don't spawn her, okay?) and she insists on bringing her corruption buddies along before she'll accept to move back in with him! Corruption buddies aka Therapist, Stinky Skunk etc. For some reason she's in the Default family but still intractable. My poor Simself's grandson can't get married to anyone now unless I.. Uh.. Kill her... It's a whooooole thing and it's annoying because I liked her. >.>
Mad Poster
#6180 Old 23rd Mar 2022 at 7:15 AM
@Fryen5 -THat sounds like the game got corrupted and it could've been avoided.I had something almost as bad happen to my game folder once and was able to recover a backed up copy from a week earlier though it could've been worse if I'd not backed it up then..
I've still got to repiar my game as in making sure buyable soap displays are all removed to update the content and to install a few patches to fix some game issues like the lot pre-poulating on loading.There's acually fix for that issue uploaded here and I've got to install it into my game.
Alchemist
#6181 Old 26th May 2022 at 2:20 AM
Loading CAS thumbnails.

It's the worst. Hours of my life down the drain.

Also, on a lesser but related note, missing meshes in my Downloads folder. Not even sure how this one even happens as I religiously make sure to read the instructions for anything new I download and make sure it has the mesh. *Shakes head*

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#6182 Old 27th May 2022 at 11:10 PM
It's when I can't play sims as often I I'd like to and have to cut my sessions short because of being sick.I got a virus and have had to use cold medicine for my symptoms.
Scholar
#6183 Old 28th May 2022 at 5:34 PM
A little update about the runaway bride. She stared at the sky too long and a satellite brought her to her untimely death. The fiance fell in love with the an Instructor from one of the hobby lots not long after so I guess he wasn't too affected. My objects.package is read only and the date hasn't changed on it so I don't think I'm suffering from game corruption... Although her being in the default family is weird because she's very much alive and not dead. Well.. She was. Anyway, it's most definitely hood corruption because there's a whole lot of hoodoo going on in it. Oh well! It's funny so I'm rolling with it.

This brings me to a new "GRRR" .... The darn ninja from Takemizu Village. As soon as I get to a community lot, he poofs into a spot my Sims can't get to and that's it! They won't see him ever again until next vacation! That guy has something against me and my Sims because it happens every single time! I will learn to teleport without cheats one day, you hear me ninja!?
Mad Poster
#6184 Old 28th May 2022 at 10:49 PM
@Fyren5 -I used to get that same issue and am going to use THIS as a back-up in case that issue keeps on happening though I'll not resort to using it if I can avoid it.
Mad Poster
#6185 Old 29th May 2022 at 12:20 AM
I have the videos turned off, but when I move a sim to University it still plays the grow-up sequence if it's the first sim in the building with the controls vanished. It's not all the time, but far too often the controls don't reappear after, and I have to quit the game from outside. (alt-tab out of the game, pull up task manager and exit from there) I know there was a sequence on the keyboard to bring the controls back, but don't remember it and it might involve one of the busted Fkeys I never need for anything else.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#6186 Old 29th May 2022 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
I know there was a sequence on the keyboard to bring the controls back, but don't remember it and it might involve one of the busted Fkeys I never need for anything else.
It's the F10 key! It toggles the UI controls on and off. I hope it's not one of the busted keys! I use it quite a bit, which I suppose is how I know it.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#6187 Old 29th May 2022 at 8:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
This brings me to a new "GRRR" .... The darn ninja from Takemizu Village. As soon as I get to a community lot, he poofs into a spot my Sims can't get to and that's it! They won't see him ever again until next vacation! That guy has something against me and my Sims because it happens every single time! I will learn to teleport without cheats one day, you hear me ninja!?

Well, the ninja is quick - your sim may need more body points to catch him
Inventor
#6188 Old 29th May 2022 at 4:55 PM
My Sims were not always acting like what I expected from their Personality, such as Serious Sims still autonomously initiating Play interactions and Shy Sims flirting towards Sims with lightning bolts. I wonder which mods would tweak those autonomous behaviours.
Mad Poster
#6189 Old 30th May 2022 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
My Sims were not always acting like what I expected from their Personality, such as Serious Sims still autonomously initiating Play interactions and Shy Sims flirting towards Sims with lightning bolts. I wonder which mods would tweak those autonomous behaviours.
This is precisely what I love most about Sims. The personality that they exhibit in the game is far more complex and multi-faceted than you would get by merely adding up their Personality Points. In addition to the personality points there's the element of "training", where Sims learn from the way they're played, and I'm sure there's a considerable random element too. I don't know exactly how it works (and I don't think I want to know either!), but I think it all adds up to a pretty good approximation of how real people act. You can predict how they're likely to act, but you won't know for certain what they'll do until they do it. Yes it can be annoying when Sims don't do what I want or expect, but I reckon it's realistic: real life people don't always do what I want either!!!!

It can make the game a lot more interesting when Sims decide to throw a spanner in the works. There's an interesting development in my own game recently: after years of fidelity to each other, Andrew and Julian have both decided to have romantic feelings towards the same boy -- promiscuous gay Romance teen Jack Gill. Now it's definitely not what I wanted, but I think I can see what they see in Jack. Frankly Jack is a lovable rogue -- definitely a rogue, but definitely lovable -- quite attractive both in appearance and in personality. But, since he's got about ten other boyfriends, he is (IMHO) quite unsuitable for both Andrew and Julian. Whatever I may think of it, it's definitely an interesting situation, and one that Andrew, Julian and I are going to have to work through. (And Jack will doubtless want a say in what happens too!!)

Yes, it's a problem for me, but I'd still rather Sims did things like this than that they were mindless automata, just doing what I tell them.!!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#6190 Old 30th May 2022 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
It's the F10 key! It toggles the UI controls on and off. I hope it's not one of the busted keys! I use it quite a bit, which I suppose is how I know it.

Oh yes, F10 is the worst of the lot: I think that someone must have spilled something on it at some point. Usually it is down and I don't even notice: the cat likes to walk on the keyboard and it doesn't pop back up, but since it doesn't actually do anything anymore . . . I should buy a new keyboard, but it works well enough for almost everything else.

Lab Assistant
#6191 Old 3rd Jun 2022 at 6:37 AM
For me, when you load a household with a married couple, the loading screen show they are embracing, right? But after they've spent their WHOLE lives together and have become elders, they are no longer embracing in the loading screen. They look like strangers or roommates! I really dislike this. I don't even know why it's there. I want my married elders to embrace!
Lab Assistant
#6192 Old 3rd Jun 2022 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by natbsim75
The fact that you can spend sim-days upon sim-days to teach dogs that they have to pee outside (especially the less "Genious" ones or the ones that are more on the "Piggy" side!) and they end up peeing outside the damn front door
I mean, technically, it is outside but... but...

That's the dog the Ramirez family have in Bluewater Village. He can spend almost his whole day running around the back yard (he is Hyper!) but he thinks his... toilette is outside the front door and the only thing I can do about it is... hire a maid just to mop the dog's pee once a day

If you play with boolprop testingcheats...on, place your sims dog where you want it to pee, build a small fence around it so it can't escape, slide the bladder down to orange or red, and wait till your dog pees. Remove fence. After that, your dog will keep peeing there. Turn boolprop off if you want (I play with it always on).
Mad Poster
#6193 Old 3rd Jun 2022 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by muddy
If you play with boolprop testingcheats...on, place your sims dog where you want it to pee, build a small fence around it so it can't escape, slide the bladder down to orange or red, and wait till your dog pees. Remove fence. After that, your dog will keep peeing there. Turn boolprop off if you want (I play with it always on).

Or (if you are in the cheaty corner anyway) you can use these cheats
boolprop controlpets true
boolprop petactioncancel true
and point that pet to wherever you want them to pee.

(the second one can be used to cancel unwanted actions. I keep these cheats in my userstartup. If you have them there and you don't want to be able to control your pets all the time or see their stats, you just don't click on their icon, and control them via a sim, like normal. I just find it easier, because I tend to forget the cheats, and I usually want to be able to control them. You can use the cheats as aliases on/off, too).

--

For non-cheaty options, I think dogs (if house-trained) look for trees, bushes, weeds, flowers or anything like that. They should also pee if taken for a walk.
Test Subject
#6194 Old 9th Jun 2022 at 7:22 AM
Sims who want to interact with others in the middle of an activity. Eating, dancing, whatever. When they just stand there, staring for in-game minutes... then the moment their target cancels their action, they give up and do something else!
I swear I don't take chances anymore. Oh, Ms. Smith is eating? You're getting 3 queued actions to chat with her. That's it.
Mad Poster
#6195 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 5:33 PM
Playing . . . I need to install That One Download when I'm done. Exit . . . I wanted to install That One Download, but which one was it? Next Day . . . I remember what it was, but what is it actually called? Search term: nope. 'Nother search term: also nope. Third search term: yes!

(NDR face templates. Which are filed in my brain as 'ethnic faces'.)

Mad Poster
#6196 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Or (if you are in the cheaty corner anyway) you can use these cheats
boolprop controlpets true
boolprop petactioncancel true
and point that pet to wherever you want them to pee.

(the second one can be used to cancel unwanted actions. I keep these cheats in my userstartup. If you have them there and you don't want to be able to control your pets all the time or see their stats, you just don't click on their icon, and control them via a sim, like normal. I just find it easier, because I tend to forget the cheats, and I usually want to be able to control them. You can use the cheats as aliases on/off, too).

--

For non-cheaty options, I think dogs (if house-trained) look for trees, bushes, weeds, flowers or anything like that. They should also pee if taken for a walk.
===
In my game dogs can be directed to "pee on" Maxis bushes (which include rocks), but CC bushes don't work. I have seen some dogs pee near a tree - rare. They never pee in the house because I'm careful to direct them outside. Unlike my real life with a 10 week old puppy who will poop outside twice, and pee three times..then a few minutes later will run down the hall when I'm not looking to pee again. And you can't scold a real puppy..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#6197 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 1:13 AM
@grammapat -That's not as bad as my oreange tabby who used to get the kitchen garbage all over the floor and used to scatter trash all over the back yard when he was alive and his name was Freddy-Pig though I always called hom Fred those times because he'd been naughty and ate from the garbage.He learned that bad habit from his grandma who also used to get into the trash sometimes.I alwys turn pets control on with the cheats as I started doing on my old computer after getting annyoed with not being able to control the pets.
Forum Resident
#6198 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 1:54 AM
Nothing makes me go GRR anymore. I modded out all the GRR stuff and now my game goes PURRRR
Mad Poster
#6199 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 7:55 AM
I've had one of the most annoying things happen recently with weather getting too hot to run my game for the past few days.I hope it's cool enough to get into my game soon.
Forum Resident
#6200 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 1:33 AM
If one Garden Club member has already spawned and you call on the phone for Garden Club services, the already-spawned member is the one that should answer the phone call. Another one shouldn't have been spawned. Why did you not address this in your antiredundancy mod, O Pescado?

Ditto wolves. They are super annoying the way they spawn when I'm running a very mod-lite test neighborhood so I can test out other mods I haven't used in a long time. One spawned, fine, I was expecting that, but then a second one had to go and spawn and start a fight with the first one already hanging out on my lot. At least moveobjects on can be used to get rid of them temporarily. I'll be trashing this neighborhood pretty soon, I think, only have a handful of mods and defaults left to test.
Page 248 of 273