Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2022 at 4:19 PM
Default Mesh not showing up for Elders and Bodyshop texture problem
Two things I'm having trouble with.

Firstly, the hair wrap at the bottom of this page. https://maya40.dreamwidth.org/15551.html?

It won't show up for Elders. Looking in the recolour files it seems that there's an elder age set up, but in Bodyshop it just shows nothing and I can't figure out how to fix it.

Secondly, this dress (attached pics) that I'm trying to make for toddlers. I get blurry textures in Bodyshop, but only if I use Build Sims to check it out. If I use Create Parts then it isn't blurry and it isn't blurry in Load Saved Project. I cannot figure it out. Only happens with toddler age. The same dress for children is fine.

If anyone can help with either of those then I'd be grateful!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Nov 2022 at 6:31 PM
For the elder hair - If the elder hair ends up looking like a maxis hair or goes missing - check if the hair is familied and if the hair is binned in such a way that the elder hair is only added in with one of the colors. In that case, you need the "master" file (aka the hair with the grey/elder hair included) for the elder hair to properly pull the colors. If you're unsure, put the entire hair family in, or the entire set of hairs. Occasionally, elder hairs are binned as a single grey file. You just have to locate this file.

---

For the toddler clothes - check if the textures are on a "SimSkin" group (a setting in the TXMT "cMaterialDefinition" tab), and also see if the texture is 512x512 px or 1024x1024. Toddler skins are 512x512, and clothing that overlays the SimSkin group will always default to the skin default size, which for toddlers is 512x512, even if you are using a bigger one for the clothes. One way to go around this is to put the clothes in a separate group and use the "SimStandardMaterial" setting instead (ONLY for clothing parts, NOT for any skin parts, those should remain in the Skin group with the SimSkin setting!!!), which allows you to use a bigger texture.

Another issue could be if you export the texture and it comes out as a smaller texture (256x256). Then you need to fix your Bodyshop settings.

(Some of these things you'll have to check in SimPE).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 11:57 AM
Thanks! The SimStandardMaterial fixed the toddler dress.

The elder hair wrap isn't a hair. It's an accessory. The accessory shows up fine for all ages except elder, where nothing shows up at all. There is an elder age set up for both the XMOL and the TXMT, so I'm not sure what I'm missing.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 3:33 PM
The elder and YA XMOLs are not linked to the AF mesh (they should have the same first set of Resource Node and Shape numbers in the 3DIR as the AF one, but they don't). This needs to be fixed if you want those ages to use the accessory. It's the Instance 0x00001001 (4097) and 0x00004001 (16385).

The elder one also has "flag - 9" - this could hide the accessory from the catalogs. Set that one to 8 (in most cases, odd numbers hide accessories - I'm guessing they hid the elder age like this because it was showing up invisible, since accessories don't automatically have this setting).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Nov 2022 at 11:09 AM
Thanks (again)!

The YA one was actually showing up, so I didn't dare touch that one XD, but what you said for the elder one fixed it.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Nov 2022 at 11:57 AM
If you want a quicker way to fix any recolors you make, you can delete the XMOL for the elder and YA, and set the AF age to 58 for one of the recolors, and use that one for the project file. This will make the elder and YA pull recolors from the AF and auto-make resources for them, without having to relink everything.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Nov 2022 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
For the toddler clothes - check if the textures are on a "SimSkin" group (a setting in the TXMT "cMaterialDefinition" tab), and also see if the texture is 512x512 px or 1024x1024. Toddler skins are 512x512, and clothing that overlays the SimSkin group will always default to the skin default size, which for toddlers is 512x512, even if you are using a bigger one for the clothes. One way to go around this is to put the clothes in a separate group and use the "SimStandardMaterial" setting instead (ONLY for clothing parts, NOT for any skin parts, those should remain in the Skin group with the SimSkin setting!!!), which allows you to use a bigger texture.

Another issue could be if you export the texture and it comes out as a smaller texture (256x256). Then you need to fix your Bodyshop settings.

(Some of these things you'll have to check in SimPE).

Is there any way to fix the toddler texture resizing thing if you can't separate the clothes from the skin parts for some reason?