Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
There are stoves that you're free to place. (I'm sure you know that already though).

Something that bugged me when I played - Nightlife & Late Night - I'm sure these were fast sellers for TS2 & 3, and the whole "bar/club/lunge" aspect of both were added into TS4's base game. With all of the decor for restaurants lying around, and I'm certain it's hard to miss shuffling through the catalog, where are the chefs?

It's like they either hate adding restaurants or they see it as a super special money maker. Idfk...

All and all, it works sort of okay with the travel system in place. Traveling from town to town is free (for some odd reasons), but camping out and traveling has never costed a dime and generally shouldn't.

This makes me wary about how they'll handle travel in upcoming expansion packs. We can already "vacation" to a new town and never pay for it. What's maintaining the fiction when traveling to a tropical island or something?

Actually I read a bit more about this and found that sims can rent vacation homes and not have to sleep in tents ... *phew*
I see your point and I'm not sure how they'll make it feel different to travel on vacation - although I suspect we may have a time limitation on how long we can stay on the vacation 'world' like in Sims 3.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
Actually I read a bit more about this and found that sims can rent vacation homes and not have to sleep in tents ... *phew*
I see your point and I'm not sure how they'll make it feel different to travel on vacation - although I suspect we may have a time limitation on how long we can stay on the vacation 'world' like in Sims 3.

I believe I read that the max is 3 days, and also if your sims don't go on vacation after a while, they get tense. Coincidentally someone mentioned the possible relationship of PTO and vacations in the new patch, with the max on PTO being 3 days or whatever.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#28 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 10:01 AM
Come one, come all!

Despite my overall demeanor toward 4, I am a Sims's sheep and I shall stick beside the series through hell and high water, so I'd be an outright bitch if I turned away all the optimistic people.

Bringing guns to knife fights is also acceptable here with cash in a sealed envelope and/or diamonds. I like diamonds.
Nah, too risky. I think I'll stay in the Receptacle instead. I'm short on diamonds anyway.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 11:19 AM

Gameplay:
-Sims can now take vacations while traveling to special world. If the world is full, a Sim or Sims cannot travel.
-Travel lodges can be rented and/or reserved.
-Sims can visit campgrounds, or enjoy space camp. (??)
-Sims may become tense if they don't vacation for a while.
-A new insect collection has been included.
-Additional Quests have been included.

And what is your source for this? Or is this speculation because all I can find on the net about it is:

• Wander into an all-new destination
• Setup camp with tents, coolers and campfires
• Outfit your Sims in new hiking gear
• Enjoy unique outdoor activities
• Become a herbalist

Anyway I'm not very happy about this Game Pack. Vacation/Bon Voyage/wathever is always my least favourite EP. And if this: http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.co...outdoor-retreat screenshot depicts the whole of Granite Falls....no thank you, they're not getting my money for that. I mean I'm sure it will be very lovely designed, but man, that lace looks like four lots max and the above makes it sound like one.

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Forum Resident
#30 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 11:32 AM
I'm only going to burn more money for this game if toddlers return and/or an EP is A!M!A!Z!I!N!G! Count me out on this one...
Alchemist
#31 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 11:53 AM
It looks a bit fun but I was expecting something bigger and if that bear is just a costume and not an NPC .. * dissapointment *
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phoenixfire88
And what is your source for this? Or is this speculation because all I can find on the net about it is:

• Wander into an all-new destination
• Setup camp with tents, coolers and campfires
• Outfit your Sims in new hiking gear
• Enjoy unique outdoor activities
• Become a herbalist

Anyway I'm not very happy about this Game Pack. Vacation/Bon Voyage/wathever is always my least favourite EP. And if this: http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.co...outdoor-retreat screenshot depicts the whole of Granite Falls....no thank you, they're not getting my money for that. I mean I'm sure it will be very lovely designed, but man, that lace looks like four lots max and the above makes it sound like one.

EA.

The only speculated information is usually specified with question marks. Now, if they cut something and it's just scrap code lying around, that's different.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#33 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 3:59 PM
I'm not a big fan of vacations packs, never had patience with all that stuff, but it's ok I know that there are people who like it.

My only problem is that previously vacations had variety, in every sims game you had different places to go, different maps, here they want to charge us for a tiny map with only camping... and then they will release a tiny map with a beach to go on vacations and charge us another 20$(or whatever is the price). I smell fresh milk
So i'm not really convinced
Scholar
#34 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 5:10 PM Last edited by DrChillgood : 17th Dec 2014 at 5:46 PM.
$20 would be fair, if the gameplay is full and complete. No half-assed TS3 Store crap.

(Half-assing it would be if our mountain retreat is flatland.)

HUH? Y DA DISAGREE?

Backpedal time!

$10 would be fair for a smaller pack like this.
$20 would be a larger pack, like "Supernatural Species" or "Cats and Dogs".
$40 would be a full EP with a full world.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 6:08 PM
Well it looks like there will be gameplay so it's not just some deco items with a few new animations, but a herbalist career and insect collecting. That's a new feature and vacationing as well. Whether or not it will be worth $20 is hard to say without even playing it and seeing the full reveal of it too.

And we don't even know the price, $20 is fine, stuff packs to me were never worth it. If these replace Stuff packs then they would be worth it, depends on their quality as always though.

My Simblr --->Glee & Squee
Test Subject
#36 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 6:08 PM
The official sims twitter just posted this: https://twitter.com/TheSims/status/...0347520/photo/1

Somehow out of topic: When I read Granite Falls for the first time, I misread Gravity Falls instead.
Alchemist
#37 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 7:15 PM
So basically community lots with tents
Theorist
#38 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 7:44 PM

Looking from this picture here is everything (I suppose) new listed:
Pine Trees
Moss terrain paint (?)
Weird Mushroom thingys
New Daffodils
Cooler
Semi-classic tent
Big tent
Stick to roast fish, hotdogs, marshmallows
Tree stump
Campfire
Timberlands (not sure if this is already in game or not)
Hiking sandals
Capris with a jacket tied to the waste
Hiking capris for men
New short shorts (braided girl)
Plaid collared vest
Pigtails
Braided pig tails
Goddess curled hair (blondie)
New tattoo (on the guy far right)
New shorts for men (blue shorts)
New hat (far right guy)

Anything else?
Scholar
#39 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 7:46 PM
Hmm...that terrain is looking awfully flat there. "Nice" "pretty" backdrop, though.

3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 8:31 PM Last edited by ProfPlumbob : 18th Dec 2014 at 7:59 AM.
1 tiny neighborhood, some camping objects/interactions and some new outfits for a likely price between $20-$30. Continuing the "Pay more for less" trend that has been growing since the grand opening of their online store many years ago. *sigh*

for those that disagree...keep this in perspective. Think of what we got with a vacation expansion from Sims 1/Sims 2 for $30. Hotels, camping, a variety of outdoor activities, far more clothing choices, with Sims 1 weather came with the expansion. Now we're going to pay $20 for camping items, new clothes and a new job. again, *sigh*
Theorist
#41 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 8:33 PM
Another new screenshot via The Sims Portugal facebook

Stargazing
Scholar
#42 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 8:49 PM
^I hope we get binoculars or even a smaller telescope. Imagine lugging the observatory...

Idea about the Game Packs: Maybe we could get "Integration Packs" that require you have bought two or more packs, that bring them together. The number one complaint about TS3 EPs was that they weren't really fully connected.

Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simall9
that better be free.............

You so silly.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 9:13 PM
As a game designer, I have to know: How does this enhance the base game. What does it do for the Sims formula that's missing?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#45 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 9:42 PM
I wonder what kids will be able to use while on vacation.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Mad Poster
#46 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 10:00 PM
Well, the tents look good and there is a usable cooler. Otherwise, meh.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
#47 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
I wonder what kids will be able to use while on vacation.

The new "call parents and teen siblings although my teen sibling is a teen but because they are the same height as my parents they get to do what they do and I get left behind and ask what they're doing on vacation" option on the cell phones!
Forum Resident
#48 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 10:28 PM
As a game designer, I have to know: How does this enhance the base game. What does it do for the Sims formula that's missing?

Adds vacations. Something that has always been in the game?

Looks like this is more than just something with tents. A new career, insect collection, and vacations. It's fine if those things are not for you then just don't buy it.

My Simblr --->Glee & Squee
Mad Poster
#49 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 10:28 PM
Main reason they are making a pack like this one, obviously, is that the tent gives a new woohoo location.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
#50 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
So basically community lots with tents

Nooo not just tents, I read that our sims can rent vacation homes <<< that could be fun

Furthermore for storytelling purposes this *could* open up new playstyles for people who like playing homeless/runaway sims.
Page 2 of 185