Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Realistic Cooking Mod [Updated to 5.3]

by Somik&Severinka Posted 8th Jul 2022 at 3:46 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2023 at 10:56 PM by Somiktata

173 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 133 Feedback Posts, 39 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#101 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 8:46 PM
Hi Does this mod conflict with any other food/grocery mods?
Test Subject
#102 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Somiktata
If you mean animal feed- cows and others, then this is in debugging. Press shift and on the refrigerator

That explains everything. Thank you
Test Subject
#103 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 10:03 PM
Please help, I can't figure out how to buy groceries?? I even click on the order groceries ss, I think its called on the phone but nothing happens.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#104 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DiamondRose1970
Hi Does this mod conflict with any other food/grocery mods?

There should be no conflicts, but they are not excluded at all- I do not know all-all mods)
The only mods are those that change the EA refrigerator menu or recipes, and then you can delete these files - the mod can be installed in parts.
The main mod file does not conflict with any other mod
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#105 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ssbbka
Please help, I can't figure out how to buy groceries?? I even click on the order groceries ss, I think its called on the phone but nothing happens.

That is, you have a delivery menu and a choice of products - but the deliverer does not come or some other problem? Explain more specifically
Test Subject
#106 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 12:56 AM
That is, you have a delivery menu and a choice of products - but the deliverer does not come or some other problem? Explain more specifically

noo none of that, i don't see an option to buy anything at all, I see like cooking recipes but not ingredients, let me take a quick vid
Test Subject
#107 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 1:26 AM
Actually, I just realized I don't have the actual recipes, just the option for them but not the actual recipes. I don't need the job expansion do I? I thought it was compatible with the base game, idk what else could be wrong

mods

phone/fridge
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#108 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 1:09 PM
Actually, I just realized I don't have the actual recipes, just the option for them but not the actual recipes. I don't need the job expansion do I? I thought it was compatible with the base game, idk what else could be wrong

mods

phone/fridge

Thank you for making the video, I immediately saw the problem. Probably because of this, your delivery is not working correctly.

If instead of dishes you see blue squares or "Debug" instead of descriptions for products :
You probably installed Sims 4 add-ons that you don't have. You need to go to the folder "[SS] EA Override (Optional)" and find there 2 folders with names "......Additions" and remove from them those additions that you do not have

Both in recipes and in ingredients, delete unnecessary files- everything should work after that
Test Subject
#109 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 5:02 PM
Thank you for making the video, I immediately saw the problem. Probably because of this, your delivery is not working correctly.

If instead of dishes you see blue squares or "Debug" instead of descriptions for products :
You probably installed Sims 4 add-ons that you don't have. You need to go to the folder "[SS] EA Override (Optional)" and find there 2 folders with names "......Additions" and remove from them those additions that you do not have

Both in recipes and in ingredients, delete unnecessary files- everything should work after that

Yes, that worked! thank you (i thought I deleted them but ig not lol )
Test Subject
#110 Old 30th Sep 2022 at 6:09 AM
Actually, I have a couple more problems (
I still don't see the recipes in the cooking tabs, unless I have to learn them from a book or something?
Also, can't seem to be able to open packages, ie chicken nuggets to microwave

https://imgur.com/a/iBJYpdl

I swear i deleted the extra files this time...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#111 Old 30th Sep 2022 at 5:57 PM
Actually, I have a couple more problems (
I still don't see the recipes in the cooking tabs, unless I have to learn them from a book or something?
Also, can't seem to be able to open packages, ie chicken nuggets to microwave

https://imgur.com/a/iBJYpdl

I swear i deleted the extra files this time...

not all products need to be opened. Nuggets are a whole product - that's right
in the description of the products it is written where the portions are contained and where they are not - these are good hints
Test Subject
#112 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 7:18 PM
not all products need to be opened. Nuggets are a whole product - that's right
in the description of the products it is written where the portions are contained and where they are not - these are good hints

ohh i see, yeah when i clock on the microwave, i can see the option to cook them, sorry was confused about that uwu
one last question then i promise to stop bugging, how to I see the recipes?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#113 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 8:11 PM
ohh i see, yeah when i clock on the microwave, i can see the option to cook them, sorry was confused about that uwu
one last question then i promise to stop bugging, how to I see the recipes?

There are all recipes in our menu, you can read more about it here
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#114 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 10:33 PM
This seems like a great mod, but I've tried to download it twice now and the delivery option isn't showing up in my phone menu. I've downloaded the required files and I'm not sure what else to do.
Test Subject
#115 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 2:15 PM
There should be no conflicts, but they are not excluded at all- I do not know all-all mods)
The only mods are those that change the EA refrigerator menu or recipes, and then you can delete these files - the mod can be installed in parts.
The main mod file does not conflict with any other mod

Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#116 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mlrlts1967
This seems like a great mod, but I've tried to download it twice now and the delivery option isn't showing up in my phone menu. I've downloaded the required files and I'm not sure what else to do.

Hi! The answer to your question may be in this topic
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 6th Oct 2022 at 4:36 PM
Hi:

Seems you updated the mod to the 4.2 version but i dont see the changelog here so i went to the patreon and i read it: "Version 4.2 Added support for recipes in the baking menu for October and compatibility with Healthy Food Delivery".

Whats that Healthy Food Delivery? Im sorry maybe is an idiot question but maybe is related to another mod or other thing

Thanks so much
Test Subject
#118 Old 7th Oct 2022 at 12:46 AM
HI there:

Just downloaded this mod and love the idea but when im looking through the cook menu, im missing ingredients and they are not listed. Do i need to discover ingredients to know what i need or what?
Test Subject
#119 Old 7th Oct 2022 at 4:18 AM

Thank you for your response. It says in the link that the issue could be that I don't have the XML injector. I have already installed the XML injector and have it only one subfolder deep. I just took everything out and reinstalled again just in case. The mod is still not showing up in the phone menu for me. Maybe I have a conflicting mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#120 Old 7th Oct 2022 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xavier_Dare
HI there:

Just downloaded this mod and love the idea but when im looking through the cook menu, im missing ingredients and they are not listed. Do i need to discover ingredients to know what i need or what?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#121 Old 7th Oct 2022 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mlrlts1967
Thank you for your response. It says in the link that the issue could be that I don't have the XML injector. I have already installed the XML injector and have it only one subfolder deep. I just took everything out and reinstalled again just in case. The mod is still not showing up in the phone menu for me. Maybe I have a conflicting mod.

The mod should not conflict with anything, try installing the injector without subfolders
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#122 Old 7th Oct 2022 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lix
Hi:

Seems you updated the mod to the 4.2 version but i dont see the changelog here so i went to the patreon and i read it: "Version 4.2 Added support for recipes in the baking menu for October and compatibility with Healthy Food Delivery".

Whats that Healthy Food Delivery? Im sorry maybe is an idiot question but maybe is related to another mod or other thing

Thanks so much

Hi! Yes, the mod has been updated only for baking recipes for October, which was released yesterday, so that it is displayed in the refrigerator menu.

Healthy Food Delivery will be released in October! While it's not finished yet, I just added compatibility in advance so that subscribers don't have to update the mod too often :lovestruc
Test Subject
#123 Old 9th Oct 2022 at 8:25 PM
Does this mod conflict with SrslySims cooking overhaul?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#124 Old 10th Oct 2022 at 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daniijordan

It is written that they are compatible, but I can't check it myself, since I don't have access to the paid material of another author
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#125 Old 19th Oct 2022 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daniijordan

I have written detailed instructions on the compatibility of the two mods
Page 5 of 7