Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Realistic Cooking Mod [Updated to 5.3]

by Somik&Severinka Posted 8th Jul 2022 at 3:46 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2023 at 10:56 PM by Somiktata

173 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 133 Feedback Posts, 39 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 7
Test Subject
#126 Old 21st Oct 2022 at 1:43 PM Last edited by mrincones : 21st Oct 2022 at 1:54 PM.
Hi, your mod looks amazing and I am so excited to play with it. I downloaded The sims 4 this week directly from EA app for windows (just the base game) and I tried to install your mod following all the instructions, but it doesn't work. I have read your comments to follow carefully the instructions. I have on my Mods folder:

1. SCCO Any Ingredient Cooking Tags Resource 1.4.0
2.XmlInjector_Script_v4.ts4script
3. [SS] RealisticCookingMod V.4.2

I deleted the override archives of the expansion that i dont have. I did each step but still not working, It could be the update of the EA game? Btw, my game is in spanish, it could affect in something? Can you help me? thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#127 Old 21st Oct 2022 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mrincones
Hi, your mod looks amazing and I am so excited to play with it. I downloaded The sims 4 this week directly from EA app for windows (just the base game) and I tried to install your mod following all the instructions, but it doesn't work. I have read your comments to follow carefully the instructions. I have on my Mods folder:

1. SCCO Any Ingredient Cooking Tags Resource 1.4.0
2.XmlInjector_Script_v4.ts4script
3. [SS] RealisticCookingMod V.4.2

I deleted the override archives of the expansion that i dont have. I did each step but still not working, It could be the update of the EA game? Btw, my game is in spanish, it could affect in something? Can you help me? thank you

The language doesn't exactly affect. Everything looks right, although I don't see a photo of exactly how everything is installed with you. I can only assume that some files are too deep in folders and may not work. Make sure that the script file is located no deeper than 1 folder
That is, file 1 and file 2 must be installed either without subfolders, or in a maximum of 1 folder
You can refer to this topic , where I described the most common problems and their solutions
Test Subject
#128 Old 22nd Oct 2022 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Somiktata
The language doesn't exactly affect. Everything looks right, although I don't see a photo of exactly how everything is installed with you. I can only assume that some files are too deep in folders and may not work. Make sure that the script file is located no deeper than 1 folder
That is, file 1 and file 2 must be installed either without subfolders, or in a maximum of 1 folder
You can refer to this topic , where I described the most common problems and their solutions

Here are the screenshots, I read your post!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#129 Old 22nd Oct 2022 at 1:55 AM

Ohh, I didnt realize that i needed to click in the icon! HAHA.. After I read the post in the link I relocated the files and ... It workeddd! Thank youu!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#130 Old 30th Oct 2022 at 4:31 PM
hi! I'm new in this forum so i'm not really sure If I'm making this right,I love this mod,but It gives me so many bug!! I don't know why! first of all barely any recipes are shown onto the game, some of them dosen't even have a picture others just say debug on the fish item? can someone help me?
Test Subject
#131 Old 30th Oct 2022 at 9:43 PM
Hi, I love this mod but I just can't seem to get it to work. The delivery never shows up and I've tried everything. I read the description 5 times and made sure I downloaded all the required files. Nothing. Pls help
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#132 Old 31st Oct 2022 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mrincones
Ohh, I didnt realize that i needed to click in the icon! HAHA.. After I read the post in the link I relocated the files and ... It workeddd! Thank youu!

sorry for the late response) I am glad that you have solved the issue yourself!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#133 Old 31st Oct 2022 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Laura00
hi! I'm new in this forum so i'm not really sure If I'm making this right,I love this mod,but It gives me so many bug!! I don't know why! first of all barely any recipes are shown onto the game, some of them dosen't even have a picture others just say debug on the fish item? can someone help me?

Hi! Your problem is due to the fact that you have installed files from the game's add-ons that you don't have. Delete the extra packages, and the errors will disappear
The solution is written here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#134 Old 31st Oct 2022 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ericakane
Hi, I love this mod but I just can't seem to get it to work. The delivery never shows up and I've tried everything. I read the description 5 times and made sure I downloaded all the required files. Nothing. Pls help

Hi! Perhaps the solution to the problem is described here
If this does not help, write more specifically what does not work. delivery is shown, but the courier does not arrive?
Test Subject
#135 Old 2nd Nov 2022 at 1:12 AM
Hi! Perhaps the solution to the problem is described here
If this does not help, write more specifically what does not work. delivery is shown, but the courier does not arrive?

Thanks so much for your response. The mod shows in game, I made sure I deleted the files for the add-ons I don't have, and it's only 1 folder deep. I'm able to select 'Order a delivery S&S' and even purchase items - it tells me my delivery will arrive shortly but the courier never shows up with the delivery.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#136 Old 2nd Nov 2022 at 6:39 AM
Thanks so much for your response. The mod shows in game, I made sure I deleted the files for the add-ons I don't have, and it's only 1 folder deep. I'm able to select 'Order a delivery S&S' and even purchase items - it tells me my delivery will arrive shortly but the courier never shows up with the delivery.

I can only assume that you have a mod to cancel the generation of NPCs, so the deliverer cannot be generated by the game. If you don't have such a mod- check if you have a feature of the lot "No guests" - I heard that there is such a mistake in the game that the deliverer does not come to the lot with this feature
Test Subject
#137 Old 3rd Nov 2022 at 12:18 AM
I can only assume that you have a mod to cancel the generation of NPCs, so the deliverer cannot be generated by the game. If you don't have such a mod- check if you have a feature of the lot "No guests" - I heard that there is such a mistake in the game that the deliverer does not come to the lot with this feature

I actually do have Littlemssams celebs undercover mod. It prevents paparazzi and fans from entering a lot. I'll remove it and see if that works. ty!
Test Subject
#138 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 9:29 PM
There is no script file in the new version I just downloaded. I have the newest versions of the other two files and no mods that affect stove or fridg.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#139 Old 5th Nov 2022 at 8:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Allypup
There is no script file in the new version I just downloaded. I have the newest versions of the other two files and no mods that affect stove or fridg.

The script file is downloaded separately - all links are specified
Test Subject
#140 Old 5th Nov 2022 at 2:04 PM Last edited by Allypup : 5th Nov 2022 at 2:54 PM.
Don't know why, but it now works.
Test Subject
#141 Old 7th Nov 2022 at 4:53 AM
Default Solved
I actually do have Littlemssams celebs undercover mod. It prevents paparazzi and fans from entering a lot. I'll remove it and see if that works. ty!

I tried the delivery on a different lot and it worked. So I went back to the problem lot and realized I had "Private Dwelling" as on of the lot traits. I tried it again after removing it and the courier showed up! .
Thought I'd share in case someone runs into the same problem.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#142 Old 7th Nov 2022 at 7:37 AM
I tried the delivery on a different lot and it worked. So I went back to the problem lot and realized I had "Private Dwelling" as on of the lot traits. I tried it again after removing it and the courier showed up! .
Thought I'd share in case someone runs into the same problem.

yes, this is a known problem that also happens to me with EA delivery. I added it to the list of solving problems with the mod)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#143 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 9:43 PM Last edited by Shakanalily : 15th Nov 2022 at 2:21 AM.
Hey there! I really love this mod but when i start cooking it stops at middle and the images of the food just doesn't show up, anything i'm doing wrong? I can never get it to work, i'm trying again.

Update: I figured it out. It was the extra EPs/GPs that i did not delete. Somehow i managed to not read this part! It's working perfectly. If anyone is having problems like this, it's due to the packs you don't own and let on the folder of the mod, remove the ones you don't have.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#144 Old 16th Nov 2022 at 9:01 PM
Hello, just some feedback. I noticed the 'Bake' option had completely disappeared from my Sims' fridge and stove, regardless of having the most up to date version of your mod and the XML Injector. On deleting your mod entirely, the 'Bake' option returned. I'm running version 1.93.129.1030. Hope this helps others who may be having the same issue.
Test Subject
#145 Old 17th Nov 2022 at 1:06 AM
Hey there. I downloaded this mod and the other required ones as well. I have them set up fine in my mods folder (I believe), with neither of the script mods more than one folder deep. I also took out the additional packages to the packs I do not have. The delivery option works great, and I can see all of the items. However, every time I go to cook a meal at the fridge or stove, nothing pops up. I see the different options (breakfast, dinner, snacks, etc.) that the mod adds but no meals show up once I click one of them. Not even regular EA meals. They're not greyed out, no "debug," no blue squares. Just nothing listed at all. Do you have any idea what could be causing this? Thank you in advance!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#146 Old 17th Nov 2022 at 2:57 PM Last edited by Somiktata : 25th Nov 2022 at 5:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by xSwitchback
Hello, just some feedback. I noticed the 'Bake' option had completely disappeared from my Sims' fridge and stove, regardless of having the most up to date version of your mod and the XML Injector. On deleting your mod entirely, the 'Bake' option returned. I'm running version 1.93.129.1030. Hope this helps others who may be having the same issue.

this is not a problem - this option is intentionally hidden, since there is a separate menu for all baking in mod. You can delete file "EA Override Menu" and everything will come back if you want the standard EA menu on the refrigerator
in the future, I plan to separate hiding the menu in a separate file from the mod
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#147 Old 17th Nov 2022 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brickmas10
Hey there. I downloaded this mod and the other required ones as well. I have them set up fine in my mods folder (I believe), with neither of the script mods more than one folder deep. I also took out the additional packages to the packs I do not have. The delivery option works great, and I can see all of the items. However, every time I go to cook a meal at the fridge or stove, nothing pops up. I see the different options (breakfast, dinner, snacks, etc.) that the mod adds but no meals show up once I click one of them. Not even regular EA meals. They're not greyed out, no "debug," no blue squares. Just nothing listed at all. Do you have any idea what could be causing this? Thank you in advance!

what is your sim's cooking skill? if he does not have the skills of cooking, baking, etc.- there may be very few dishes. Increase your skill and see more dishes
Test Subject
#148 Old 14th Dec 2022 at 3:01 AM
Recipe Menu
Hello, I have been using this mod for a few days and have had no problems but when I went to cook a grand meal the option comes up in the recipe selector menu but no food is listed. I went to the other food categories to see if the grand meals were listed in them but I haven’t seen them yet. Could you tell me where they are located, please? That would help a lot, thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#149 Old 14th Dec 2022 at 7:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ImOctoberBaby
Hello, I have been using this mod for a few days and have had no problems but when I went to cook a grand meal the option comes up in the recipe selector menu but no food is listed. I went to the other food categories to see if the grand meals were listed in them but I haven’t seen them yet. Could you tell me where they are located, please? That would help a lot, thank you!

Hello, it's very strange that you don't have, as they are. I'll check again tomorrow, but I remember for sure that everything worked
Test Subject
#150 Old 14th Dec 2022 at 6:42 PM
Hello, it's very strange that you don't have, as they are. I'll check again tomorrow, but I remember for sure that everything worked

Okay. Also another thing I ran into was the Japchae recipe is greyed out. When hovering over the recipe it says that my home-cooking skill level isn't high enough even though it is tagged for level 1 cooking, and my sim is level 3. This is the only other problem, everything else works great!
Page 6 of 7