Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lifetime Want Chooser

by Lamare Posted 7th Jul 2022 at 5:12 PM - Updated 17th Jan 2023 at 4:45 PM by Lamare

165 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 107 Feedback Posts, 57 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
just a girl
Original Poster
#101 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 7:11 PM
@Nostural, mystery solved then! I don't think I can change it, but at least we know what's going on
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#102 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 9:15 AM
omg you actually added in my suggestion! thank you so much i really appreciate it <3
Test Subject
#103 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 5:40 PM
Thank you so much! look forward to your custom ltw ♥
Could you tell me, please, is it conflict with the "AnyLTWforallaspirations-AL" mod? http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,91915.0.htm
just a girl
Original Poster
#104 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 8:19 PM
@AyaneKitsuki, yes it will conflict. Both mods change prerequisites and they can't be used together.

@lumanaera, you're welcome!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#105 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 2:35 PM
Hi!
Will there be version compatible with Alexx's prerequisites fixes?
just a girl
Original Poster
#106 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ignissimo
Will there be version compatible with Alexx's prerequisites fixes?

Let's say it's not impossible. I put off this idea for now, but if people will keep asking for different prerequisites I might come around to making them.
Field Researcher
#107 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Let's say it's not impossible. I put off this idea for now, but if people will keep asking for different prerequisites I might come around to making them.

Thank you!
I truly hope they will - keep relationship with 50 sims at once is a pain )
just a girl
Original Poster
#108 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ignissimo
Thank you!
I truly hope they will - keep relationship with 50 sims at once is a pain )

I think, it's 20 for most lifetime wants. Also, I just realized that what you are talking about is not controlled by this mod, it's about the WantTuning. The Alexx's mod combines all in one, but prerequisites for rolling the want and fulfillment conditions are different things that can live separately. You may be interested in this tutorial: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=669545
Mad Poster
#109 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 11:25 PM
I've tested that the LTW chooser object is showing up in my game with my Pleasantview game in the homestead lot and it got placed on the post wall of the lot before saving and exiting the lot.I didn't crah though it was hard fiding it with how may things in my game.
Test Subject
#110 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 10:17 AM
Hello, I have a problem with one of the long term wishes. The wish "Have a lifetime wish aspiration" is not displayed. I haven't looked at all the long term wishes but they seem to have worked. Can you try to fix this please? Thank you in advance.
just a girl
Original Poster
#111 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kazuyafan
Hello, I have a problem with one of the long term wishes. The wish "Have a lifetime wish aspiration" is not displayed. I haven't looked at all the long term wishes but they seem to have worked. Can you try to fix this please? Thank you in advance.

Are you talking about one of my new custom LTWs? What exactly happens? Sim's panel is blank after you pick it from the list? If this is the case and you edited the WantTuning package, check it for mistakes. If you didn't edit it, you may have a conflict, read this:
Quote:
Hidden UI Data conflict. If you can't get these LTWs to show up, you may have another WantTuning package that overrides mine. It may not have this name, the actual internal resource is called UI Data (group 0xCDA53B6F, instance 0x2D7EE26B). Some mods include this resource and you may not realize it. If HCDU and SiMidge don't catch this conflict you'll have to search for it manually. I would suggest 50/50 method, but first try this, to confirm the problem. Make a backup of your The Sims 2 folder in Documents, remove all CC and mods except for this set and load up the game. If the problem is solved you'll know that there really is a conflict and will be able to start looking for it. Restore a backup after you're done testing and remove the found culprit. Or, if you don't want to go through all this, move the WantTuning package to a location that will make it load an absolute last. The root Downloads folder might work. This way the right resource will take effect and your problem will be solved. Make some kind of text note for yourself to remember where everything is.
Test Subject
#112 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 12:17 AM
I haven't changed anything, the wish is not displayed in the long-term wish, it's empty like for children. I have all the addons so I don't understand
just a girl
Original Poster
#113 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 4:26 AM
I haven't changed anything, the wish is not displayed in the long-term wish, it's empty like for children. I have all the addons so I don't understand

Ok. It may be a conflict then. If you have another mod with WantTuning package or UI Data resource inside some other package, it may override mine and stop some LTWs from showing up.

Could you say which wishes have worked?
Test Subject
#114 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 11:47 AM
I've tried the "get 100,000 simoleons" and "become icon" wish, I'm going to try them all today and let you know if another one doesn't work
Test Subject
#115 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 4:34 PM
I come back to you after trying everything, the mod works great for all except lifetime platinum aspiration
just a girl
Original Poster
#116 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 4:56 AM
I come back to you after trying everything, the mod works great for all except lifetime platinum aspiration

I know what it is. Stupid me You're not supposed to see this LTW in the list if you don't have the actual LTW in your game. I'll fix it soon. Thank you for the report!
Test Subject
#117 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 2:43 PM
It does not matter, it was a good idea this long-term wish, I would have liked to have it with the others. In any case, I always love your work, you improve the game thanks to your mods, I can't even imagine the hours of work...
just a girl
Original Poster
#118 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 6:34 PM
It does not matter, it was a good idea this long-term wish, I would have liked to have it with the others. In any case, I always love your work, you improve the game thanks to your mods, I can't even imagine the hours of work...

You can have it if you like, I published a whole bunch of custom LTWs including this one.
Thank you for your kind words.
just a girl
Original Poster
#119 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 6:29 PM
Update

Fix: Reach Platinum Lifetime Aspiration LTW is no longer showing up in chooser's list for those who don't have this LTW. If you do have it, you don't need to re-download this version, BUT if you redownload, please also download an updated LTW_LifeLiver file from the other thread (extract it from the bundle and replace the old file, you only need one file). Sorry for the inconvenience!
Also in this update: adjustable height for plant models.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#120 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 2:20 PM
The Sim Gods finally answered our prayers with this one. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 2:34 PM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#122 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 3:09 PM
How long have I been waiting for this mod. Thank you! The author is the best.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#123 Old 23rd Aug 2022 at 3:36 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#124 Old 24th Aug 2022 at 4:02 PM
Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#125 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 2:20 PM
I seem to be having some issues with this mod, LTWs are still randomised even when selecting a specific LTW in the chooser menu, and the "Choose LTW from all (Ignore restrictions)" option will bring up the menu listing all LTWs but when selecting an option, the result is still randomised and the chosen LTW will be from the list related to the sim's aspiration.
(TLDR; it's not letting me choose a specific LTW, chosen option ends up still being randomised from the pre-determined list of available LTWs for that sim)
Any ideas?
Page 5 of 7