Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lifetime Want Chooser

by Lamare Posted 7th Jul 2022 at 5:12 PM - Updated 17th Jan 2023 at 4:45 PM by Lamare

165 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 107 Feedback Posts, 57 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 7
just a girl
Original Poster
#126 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by m0onhead
Any ideas?

Yeah -- conflict. You have another mod related to LTWs that gets in the way of this mod. Run HCDU+ or SiMidge, see what comes out.
Test Subject
#127 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 10:56 PM
What are the values in the "Choosing LTW Number Args" BCON of the chooser supposed to change? I tried changing them to my preferred values but when I give a sim a LTW using the chooser, the values are always the default ones. (I'd originally tried leaving in Alexx58's reduced LTWs and that also just yielded the default values. I've since taken it out.)

The default values for most of those wants are not realistic for my playstyle so I'd really like to change them, but I'm not sure how one is supposed to do that while also using your chooser. I assume it's supposed to be possible because of the way you named them.
just a girl
Original Poster
#128 Old 28th Aug 2022 at 4:01 PM
@batsandbabydolls
Those BCON values affect how the Chooser checks if a lifetime want should show up as personally available to a sim. But if you want to customize the actual LTW, you need to edit another thing, and I wrote a tutorial on this here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=669545
Test Subject
#129 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
@batsandbabydolls
Those BCON values affect how the Chooser checks if a lifetime want should show up as personally available to a sim. But if you want to customize the actual LTW, you need to edit another thing, and I wrote a tutorial on this here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=669545

Okay, awesome! Thank you! Editing your WantTuning with that tutorial worked perfectly. It might be worth linking that tutorial in the mod description? Maybe in the conflicts area about Alexx58's Expanded and Reduced LTWs? I think it might be useful to other people who were using that before and want to start using this. (By the way, using them together didn't seem to cause any errors in my experience, but the values all came from your WantTuning instead so there probably isn't any point in having them both in.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#130 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 3:06 AM
Anyway, thanks so much for this! Trying to change sims' LTWs before was a nightmare and this is so much easier! And I love the changes you made to the criteria for rolling them randomly too. Maybe I won't feel the need to change them as often now that they're more personalized.
just a girl
Original Poster
#131 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 3:53 PM
Alright, I added the link. You're welcome.
Now that I think about it, it's strange that leaving in the Alexx58's mod didn't work. You must have another mod with UI Data/WantTuning, e.g. custom lifetime wants, that took effect over UI Data in Alexx58's mod. If that's the case make sure those LTWs are listed in your edited version of WantTuning, or they won't show up.
Test Subject
#132 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 6:09 PM
Thank you so much for creating this! Its so nice not having to use the sim blender anymore and constantly re-rolling forever until I get the desired LTW for my sims! However, I am having trouble with it and hoped maybe you'd have an answer, or if anyone else has this problem as well and could give me advice what the problem could be? I noticed that the LTWs from Uni ( Artist, Show Biz, Paranormal, Natural Science) aren't showing up in the LTW chooser. I tried to give Darren Dreamer the Artist career LTW, but it didn't show up. I haven't downloaded any custom LTWs, or anything, that I know at least, that changes or should interfere with the LTWs.
just a girl
Original Poster
#133 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 7:56 PM
@HeartStrings19
What mod do you use for Uni LTWs? Because they are pretty much custom, you have to download a mod that adds them.
Test Subject
#134 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 9:41 PM
Alright, I added the link. You're welcome.
Now that I think about it, it's strange that leaving in the Alexx58's mod didn't work. You must have another mod with UI Data/WantTuning, e.g. custom lifetime wants, that took effect over UI Data in Alexx58's mod. If that's the case make sure those LTWs are listed in your edited version of WantTuning, or they won't show up.

Actually, I was just mistaken about whose mod I was using to change those values before. Their name isn't on any of the files I have but I'm pretty sure it's Squinge's. And that comes with a WantTuning package that modifies the same resources, so it makes sense to me that they'd conflict. Sorry for the mix up. ^^;
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#135 Old 3rd Sep 2022 at 2:17 AM
I needed exactly this since 2 days ago! Rolling over and over was a chore especially when they repeat QUQ
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#136 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 8:46 PM
Default LTW Image Missing on Aspiration Meter
@Lamare
I didn't see this in the comment string, so if I missed it I apologize, but I've set up my custom lifetime want and everything seems fine except it's not displaying the image here. The LTW icon displays on the chooser and the career icon appears on the selected career, so I'm not sure what I've done wrong. If you could help me out I would appreciate that. Thanks
Screenshots
just a girl
Original Poster
#137 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 3:19 PM
@MadHatterMads
I take it you followed the tutorial by Rio-Sims and Palominocorn? Double check that you haven't missed anything. Does your LTW icon has group 0x499DB772? Have you referenced it in the XWNT of your lifetime want?
The Chooser displays the memory icon, not the LTW icon, so I guess your memory and its icon are fine.
Test Subject
#138 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 11:54 PM
@MadHatterMads
I take it you followed the tutorial by Rio-Sims and Palominocorn? Double check that you haven't missed anything. Does your LTW icon has group 0x499DB772? Have you referenced it in the XWNT of your lifetime want?
The Chooser displays the memory icon, not the LTW icon, so I guess your memory and its icon are fine.

I'll double check! Thanks for the help!
Test Subject
#139 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MadHatterMads
I'll double check! Thanks for the help!

@Lamare
I double checked the tutorial by Rio-Sims and Palominocorn and I don't think I missed anything. My LTW icon has the correct group ID, not the default and I referenced it in the XWNT of my lifetime want. The only thing I did notice is that I didn't use the check tree instance I made, and I don't see in the tutorial where I'm supposed to use it. Also in my name reference Editor on the plugin view the group ID is different than the one shown on the resource page of the same. Is that where my error lies?

Thanks for the help!
just a girl
Original Poster
#140 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 8:41 PM
@MadHatterMads, message me your file and I will look at it. Or create a thread in the modding help section. We're kind of off topic here.
Test Subject
#141 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 10:39 PM
@MadHatterMads, message me your file and I will look at it. Or create a thread in the modding help section. We're kind of off topic here.

Will do thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#142 Old 11th Oct 2022 at 8:05 PM
I have needed this for literal AGES. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#143 Old 3rd Nov 2022 at 3:33 PM
I'll be having fun with these, I really like your mods, thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#144 Old 25th Nov 2022 at 2:39 AM
hella helpful :D
Mad Poster
#145 Old 25th Nov 2022 at 11:23 PM
I tested the chooser in Pleasantview on moving the Jankowskys into their homestead lot and they've gotten ltw's that needed changing from ones they would never be able to fulfill.It's now earn lots of money for both.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#146 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 12:16 AM
How this wasn't in the original game? I have no clue. You are a lifesaver for this, now my storytelling has no possibility of being contradictory to the gameplay.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#147 Old 3rd May 2023 at 10:38 AM Last edited by Meowingcookie : 7th May 2023 at 7:36 AM.
Dude you are amazing for also making a LS lifetime wants!
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 2nd Jun 2023 at 10:23 PM
I don't get it. In order to have the Life Stories' LTW, I need to download your edits, right? If so, does that still mean I have to update the WantTuning.package to include them? I opened it up and it seemed too confusing for me to understand at a first glance 😵‍💫

For context, I already have your 50 extra LTWs in my game, so I was looking into that mod's WantTuning.package
just a girl
Original Poster
#149 Old 3rd Jun 2023 at 1:41 PM
Hi @Kaylynn-Is-Typing
Yes, you have to update the WantTuning.package. Here's a tutorial: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=669545
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#150 Old 18th Jun 2023 at 3:38 AM
Thank you for the link!
Page 6 of 7