Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 1:07 AM
Default Milkshape Weld Together Not working...?
Hello
It's been awhile! But i'm back to meshing / making clothes for ts2 again...
I used to use "weld together" all the time in my edits of various bodyshapes, but for some reason I cant get it to work now! O.o
It shows up as an action in Edit, so I can "undo" it, but nothing actually happens to the mesh! and no, the vertices arent that close that I cant see the difference! there can be a HUGE difference between a maxis shape and a bodyshape! lol

is there possibly a setting or a plugin that I could be missing?
thx

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 4:56 AM
It probably works under spesific conditions, but can't quite figure out which ones (I rarely use Weld in Milkshape).

"Weld to nearest" and "Snap together" works fine. You can also use the Extended Manual Edit and Vertex Data Merge (with TS2 plugins)

"Snap together" along with making sure the normals are proper should do the trick if you want a fast way to make the vertices meet in the middle. If you want one vertex to snap to another, the manual edit or Vertex Data (there's one for just vertex position, one for normals too) could be worth a try.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 5:49 AM
O thank you!!! {facepalm} It's been too long! lol I thought the weld together is what I used to use all the time, but you're right! it was the VDM!!! and I already have it...just didn't realize it was what I was looking for!
thank you soooo much for your response!!! <3

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!