Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 1:18 PM
The link iCad posted is the one I'd seen before

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 8:25 AM
Interesting thread! thanks for all the info, Charity. I've always felt uncomfy with a lot of good'ole Pescy mods, and ALfixes surely is one that I wanted to be able to do without. Now I know I can!

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Above or below the Free time cars, I can't find it. I did grab tinkering skills mechanical though.

Jo, are you aware that there is an 'improved version' as well? I thought I'd just point that out
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#53 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 8:29 AM
Thanks BO. Maybe I should try it, the one I used must have clashed with something else as it caused a jump bug. This one might too but I'd love it to work.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#54 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 10:13 AM
Thanks!

It says in the description that the jump bug was a problem with AH's mod, so it didn't necessarily clash with anything. That's one of the things BO fixed.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#55 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 10:22 AM
Oh good. I don't knows whose mod I had before perhaps it was AH's.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#56 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 9:21 PM
To solve a vampire's dilemma, just use Simwardrobes auto bill and rent payer. Vampires will still find some other silly reason to go sunning. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Scholar
#57 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 9:25 AM
Alfixes solves an important problem - it stops apartment neighbors and landlord from using an active household's apartment as their own after a Sim who signed a rent deal with the landlord is dead.
It's so annoying without alfixes. If I lock the door for "Household only", the guests can't come in. The moment I unlock the door for them, the neighbors swarm in.
Anyone knows of a mod that stops this behavior? I don't want to use alfxes again.
Undead Molten Llama
#58 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 9:36 AM
I don't have that problem, and I don't have (and have never had) alfixes. Are your sure you have AL patched? Or, I'm thinking that perhaps you might have a mod that has messed this up and that alfixes overwrites when it's installed, thus restoring normal function.

Or rather, I should amend that: I have had that problem. Once. I had inadvertently included the lot's trash can in one of the apartments, specifically in one of the fence-enclosed private yards, so the landlord trooped through that apartment to get to the trash can in order to dispose of old newspapers and such. Once I moved the trash can, that behavior stopped. I'm going to guess that's not your problem since this is probably not an issue confined to only one lot for you, but...Well, thought I'd mention it.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Scholar
#59 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 9:22 PM
Yes, I patched AL EP.

I did some testing right now:
1. took out ALL the mods - landlord and neighbors from apartment B kept treating my active apartment A as their own. Also active Sims kept going to inactive apartment, like to do yoga or hug neighbor's toddler
2. placed alfixes only into Downloads folder - no effect on apartment A, guess it needs to be reset or something to take effect but when I switched to apartment B on the same lot, the mod worked, landlord and neighbors from apartment A stayed away, socializing in the common area.

Also, the alfixes mod description has 19 points, not 16, the last three weren't mentioned in post #1
17. Orphaned 6s and 12s no longer error returning from school.
18. Apartment door locks now work!
19. Urnstones in apartments no longer disappear or teleport to the curb.

I used alfixes among other Pescado's mods all these years, until I began playing Polgannon and now Veronaville, and that's when the mentioned problem appears, when the alfixes mod isn't used. It clashes with gummilutt's Physiology fix, that's why I took alfixes out and have no intention of using it, hence I hoped there's a mod that enforces the Apartment doors to work as they should even after the main tenant dies.
Lucky you, iCad, for never experiencing this. For me the only way is to move the family out and then back in, so that a new main tenant signs the rent deal and everything is fine. Until he/she dies ...
Undead Molten Llama
#60 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 12:13 AM
Interesting. So far as I know, I have never done anything to "fix" this, as I've never seen this issue, aside from when I inadvertently created a situation that forced it. I installed AL rather late in my playing life (Because I didn't want to have to update all my perfectly-working mods from their Freetime versions), so I haven't had AL long, relatively speaking, so I'd remember if that happened because it would have been very annoying, indeed. But, it's possible that I had a mod prior to installing AL that "fixed" this. I know I've never had alfixes, though, because I tend to avoid Pescado mods unless I have no choice. (Nothing against him; it's just that he and I seem to have very different ideas about how the game "should" work, and often mods of his that I want one part of "fixes" other things that I don't want "fixed." Or, those things were fixed in an official patch, as is the case with alfixes.) That said, if this IS still an issue and I DO have something that fixes it, I can't imagine what it'd be. I have more than 1000 mods, after all...

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 9:37 AM
I don't use alfixes and my Sims don't do this either. I do recall that they did back in the day, and I have one landlord that throws the building party on saturdays inside my Sims apartment, but otherwise they behave. I'll go dig around my mod folder and see if I can find anything that might explain it, I feel like I may have added a mod to fix it at some point.

Alfixes fixes physiology as well, so if you want to use that instead of my mod, physiology will still work as EA intended it I prefer to use separate single mods to replace alfixes because I really like love letters and it's a dealbreaker for me that alfixes destroys them.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#62 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 12:51 PM
I never saw those last three issues mentioned in the read me for alfixes, so I never tested them. I've never had the problem mentioned above either though. I don't known what might be fixing it amongst my many hacks. I'd suspect that one of my grave handling hacks deals with disappearing urnstones, but then I don't tend to leave urnstones in apartments anyway. I don't have any families where there are children without an adult either, but I would think that would error as children can't hold the lease afaik and the game would expect unattended children to be taken by the Social Worker.
Scholar
#63 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 3:45 PM
Ok, seeing I'm the only one, now I'm almost convinced the problem is with some mod causing it and it has nothing to do with alfixes present or not.
I'm trying to use as few mods as possible lately, even less now after I removed even more hacks today, and can't even imagine which one of them can be the cause.
Unfortunately I don't have a suitable family right now to test the remaining mods, I messed up both households during the previous tests by switching mods in and out + had to move them out into bigger houses due to my Sims' .. err... fertility But as soon as a have a family with soon-to-die elder, I'll move them into apartment and see what happens once (s)he dies.
Undead Molten Llama
#64 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 2:08 AM
Well, you said it happened when you had no mods installed, so it really can't be a mod that's causing it, right? Well, unless you only tested that one lot, which might have issues regardless. So, try testing another apartment with no mods installed? Other than that, most of the stuff in alfixes was fixed in the official patch, and I'm thinking that this is one of them, since other people have said this doesn't happen to them without having to mod it out. (It's possible that we all have something else that's fixing it...but I'm thinking that's unlikely.) So! I'm thinking that something's wrong with your patch. Try re-patching? Other than that, perhaps it's just the lot that's messed up. They tend to start erroring if you sneeze while playing your game or if you look at the screen funny. Unless this is something that happens on ALL apartment lots in your game, of course, even with no mods installed. It's also possible that something's gone screwy with your install files. Are you using the UC? If so, you could try the "repair game" thing that's available via Origin...

Mad Poster
#65 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 8:29 AM
There are sometimes glitches and things that make no sense. While it may be a mod or a cc object or (don't forget this one!) a default replacement, it is probably easier to remove the last cc you added and see if it makes a difference.
I had some quite funny glitches the other day - when a phoned Sim would materialize in full pixel glory next to the caller. Unfortunately I cannot pin the culprit down, since I added quite a number of defaults, ranging form eyes to makeup to some clothing, the day before. After removing all of them, the glitches stopped (for now, I guess )
If it only happens on one lot, then it is probably something about the lot.
I have another little jump bug now affecting just one Sim - he is the only one in a rather big family who cannot complete eating his cereal after making it. The cereal just vanishes. So for now he has to eat leftovers, get snacks and wait for others to prepare meals - I hope to get something done today, but will do a repair in Origin as well. (That does require installing the graphic fixes and camera mod again - the cc and the hoods one play are saved, though).
Mad Poster
#66 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 11:45 AM
I have the call-materializing problem too Justpetro, but only with one Sim and only occasionally. Can't pin it down because whenever I try to test it stops happening all together. Comes and goes, with no changes. Very annoying, but hard to do much about. If you ever find a culprit I'd be happy to hear about it, might help me figure it out.

Mad Poster
#67 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 11:58 AM
If it happens again and I do find the culprit, I will let you know! Sometimes I just treat glitches as I used to treat problems in my pre-modded game - play around it, if possible
Theorist
#68 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I have the call-materializing problem too Justpetro, but only with one Sim and only occasionally. Can't pin it down because whenever I try to test it stops happening all together. Comes and goes, with no changes. Very annoying, but hard to do much about. If you ever find a culprit I'd be happy to hear about it, might help me figure it out.

I also have this problem too but I didn't troubleshoot. I was wondering if it was due to a phonehack.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 6:06 PM
Interesting to hear more people have it. I suppose it might be a maxis glitch that presents itself in some games, or we have some kind of common thread that's probably too obscure to figure out :P

Does it happen immediately for you guys? In my game it's seemed to be when I hang up, then the Sim suddenly shows up somewhere on the lot. Had a townie die because he spawned in a locked off decorative square in the foundation, and I didn't notice until the grim reaper appeared But I'm not sure it's when I hang up, it might just be that I don't notice until after that. Whenever I try to take a closer look at it, it stops happening.

Field Researcher
#70 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 10:00 PM
I've had it happen once or twice, or I think I have...never really paid too much attention to it tbh. Just thought the callee decided to visit right after the phone call and the butler let them in. The only phone hack I have that I can think of is Pescado's and his autoyak. If it's that, I'll just live with the random show ups.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 10:51 PM
In my game the Sims showed up right next to the caller, chatting away, in full pixel glory, and vanished after the caller said good-bye. Since I removed all the defaults that were added just before, it stopped. So I blame a default replacement (but I have no clue as to which one it was )
Mad Poster
#72 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 11:20 PM
Happens to me all the time. I just roll with it. Often it's somebody they wanted to see anyway.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#73 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Interesting to hear more people have it. I suppose it might be a maxis glitch that presents itself in some games, or we have some kind of common thread that's probably too obscure to figure out :P

Well, I don't have it at all. It's usually an out-of-date hack.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 1:20 AM
Never happens to me either. The sim is speaking with someone on the phone, and that someone suddenly is there, right?
Never seen that, and I don't have phone hacks (well, I have Paladin's mod that brings service NPCs back on the list of sims that can be called, but that's it and that's not really a phone hack).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#75 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 2:07 AM
The sim should be there invisibly. I've never actually seen the sim.

~Call me Jo~
Page 3 of 6