Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Electronics Anywhere

by plasticbox Posted 28th Oct 2014 at 3:32 PM - Updated 26th Jan 2015 at 5:11 PM by plasticbox

120 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 85 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 1:16 AM
This is wonderful! Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#27 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 1:32 AM
Thank you so much for this - it was bugging the bejeebers out of me that I couldn't put a boombox on an accent table!!
Test Subject
#28 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 2:10 AM
does this mod let you put the bigger flat screen on dressers? Cause you can put the smaller flat screen and the other two smaller tvs on dressers but not the biggest one.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 3:23 AM
Like it says in the OP: you can put it on dressers, but it will be off center.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#30 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 5:16 AM
This always left me scratching my head.

Thank you very much!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#31 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 7:13 AM
You are an absolute Legend, This is the best thing since sliced bread....
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 8:14 AM
A very much needed tweak! Bless the modder!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 8:37 AM
YESSS! Now we need one for most of the clutter items lol :) Thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#34 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 11:47 AM
Oh, you are so sweet!!!!!
Definitely A Must Have Mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 2:17 PM
Yeah, there are so many things you can't place on a shelve! So anoying, why, in Gods name, why? So thanks a lot!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#36 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 2:33 PM
This is perfect! Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 4:03 PM
(:)
Test Subject
#38 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 4:58 PM Last edited by Ophyllini : 29th Oct 2014 at 5:39 PM.
Default Install Instructions
I can't seem to get this to work in my game. I didn't see any installation instructions on your description page, so I tried it both ways - as an unzipped file and as package files in the Mod folder. I'm using other mods without any problems, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Any thoughts? (I'm having the same issue with the "Ask to Leave" mod - can't seem to get either one to work.) Thanks!

Update:
I tested again using the default Resource file and it worked just fine. I'd altered the default Resource file so that I could have subdirectories to separate mods from custom content (skins, clothing, etc). I guess I'll just keep everything in the same sudirectory. Maybe I can rename the files so that they sort appropriately. I'll give that a try. Thanks for all the great work you and the other modders do for the rest of us. It certainly makes my game a lot more enjoyable.
Test Subject
#39 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Oh, that is also something I didn't test for (I was mainly interested in side tables). Maybe try it and let us know?

As a rule of thumb, the smaller devices are now using the same placement flag as e.g. the toothbrush deco or mantle clock .. so should work on anything these can go on, provided the footprint isn't too large.

I tried to put the small flat screen on a counter (because my Sim kitchens don't seem quite real without one ), but no joy. I still love this mod, though. It provides some well-needed flexibility. Thanks again.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 7:24 PM
Thanks for the feedback, @Cynna !

(I worked around a similar issue with plants by using a backwards island counter in place of a regular one, for where I wanted the plant to go .. maybe that would work your TV as well?)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 7:49 PM
Thank you so much! I thought the sidetables as absolutely useless but now I can finally use them how they're supposed to be used!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#42 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 10:06 PM
Awesome! Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 11:12 PM
Thank you! This definitely will help make houses seem more like homes :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 11:45 PM
Thanks this is much needed!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 12:38 AM
You rock, just sayin.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 12:53 AM
Slots! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 3:08 AM
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you so much!
This will save space, help game performance, and just makes sense!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#48 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 9:35 AM
Thank you for this! It was weird to see that some furniture obviously is big enough for a telly or radio to be placed on, but then the game wouldn't let me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 6:25 PM
Great!! Thank you. :-)x
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 5:34 AM
Default Respond to update please?
Quote: Originally posted by Ophyllini
I can't seem to get this to work in my game. I didn't see any installation instructions on your description page, so I tried it both ways - as an unzipped file and as package files in the Mod folder. I'm using other mods without any problems, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Any thoughts? (I'm having the same issue with the "Ask to Leave" mod - can't seem to get either one to work.) Thanks!

Update:
I tested again using the default Resource file and it worked just fine. I'd altered the default Resource file so that I could have subdirectories to separate mods from custom content (skins, clothing, etc). I guess I'll just keep everything in the same sudirectory. Maybe I can rename the files so that they sort appropriately. I'll give that a try. Thanks for all the great work you and the other modders do for the rest of us. It certainly makes my game a lot more enjoyable.

Can you respond to my question about your update. I also am having problems getting this mod to work. I cannot complete a current lot project, due to this mod not working. I could complete the lot without the mod, but I was depending on the space for the lot. Anyways, your update instructions are very vague. What did you mean by "tested again using the default Resource file (which one) and it worked just fine." "I'd altered the default Resource file (which one) so that I could have subdirectories (in which file) to separate mods from custom content."? Can you clarify.

pbox: Will any of what she has done conflict with the mod? Is this recommended?

All the best,
uhriahx
Page 2 of 5