Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 1:10 AM
Default Pets and the Legacy Challenge
From the reviews and previews of the Pets expansion, how do you think this will affect the legacy rules? What kind of additional point scoring opportunities do you think will arise from the having pets in the home? Every expansion before has added a lot of conditions and extra rules, it just seems that pets may not create such a wide range of extra things to do. I guess having a werewolf in the family is probably a given, and points for getting pets to the top of their respective careers. Has it been established yet whether pets will have aspirations/LTW of their own? Thoughts anyone?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 3:11 AM
No aspirations/LTW's for pets.

I have no clue how it's going to affect the Legacy challenge, but I can't wait to find out.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Scholar
#3 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 3:49 AM
hmm well i think you might lose a point or somthing ould you? since your pet can add income too? or i guess what ever happens if a teen got a job ? i never stuck with the challege sticktly so i dont really know
for sure

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#4 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 6:22 AM
Mabye you get more points for every offspring they have.
#5 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 8:02 AM
You should have a pet legacy! Where you start with one cat or dog and they have to breed with strays only until you get 10 generations of pets!
The only requirement for the Sims would be that they stay in one lot (thus allowing the Pets to stay in one lot for their whole lives)

I bet it would be a lot quicker and cuter than the real legacy
Instructor
#6 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 9:39 AM
Good idea, but you'd have to sell every puppy/kitten apart from the heir. Think about it, if you have original Dog and Stray, they have 4 puppies, thats the 6 pets limit reached already. Youd have to sell the other puppies...

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 9:35 PM
I like the idea of a pet legacy Trissle, I wonder how you'd start it? Maybe a sim with the same 5x5 lot and starting money but only the pet would be allowed to work and the sims would only be allowed to woohoo to make sure there would always be a sim on the lot. Is there any indication of how long a pet lives in comparision to a sim? If it's going to reflect Real Life then dogs live between 13 -18 years, so 13-18 sim days maybe. That just seems too short, it would be upsetting to have pets die so soon.

Maybe the rules would stipulate that a different breed would have to be mated into the legacy each generation - the ultimate mongrel legacy :D
Scholar
#8 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 2:20 PM
ithink the age is about 40 days less than what ever the sims are so what about 120 days then...my memory suckx but i thinks thats hwat has been posted before...but there is always kibbles of life
#9 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 10:40 PM
Yay for K.O.L.

I really do hope it adds something to the Legacy, but I'm not sure what it would do in the end...