Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#51 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 10:30 PM
Maxis did not cheat for the puppy scene. I counted and there is 5 or 6 dogs/puppies in the scene. Out of reviews I read that the new limit was 12 but maxis might change it to 10 depending on the difficulty level. There will be a cheat to change the limits though. For the limits its still 8 sims and for the pets its a limit of 6.

EDIT : Whoops I noticed someone wrote the same above. Sorry !

Hope I helped,
Matt
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 2:08 PM
I don't like that the Pets row is on the same side as the Sims, I think that side is already to cluttered. I hope that's not what it'll look like in the final product. I'd like the Pets to have their own Live Mode thingy, like so:

Enjoy my amazing artistic skills

My name is Loren.
Instructor
Original Poster
#53 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 7:03 PM
Hey.. nice art skills! Yeah.. that would be better!

(wow... i come back to the thread I started 2 days later and find its 3 pages long...)

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
#54 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 5:42 AM
The only probelm with that is to go into the pets you are switching out of the sims live mode, how would that work? And than you would have to be switching back and forth between the two to keep checking the needs, wants and what not.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DizzySim
The only probelm with that is to go into the pets you are switching out of the sims live mode, how would that work? And than you would have to be switching back and forth between the two to keep checking the needs, wants and what not.

Hm... good point lol I do that alot (think of an idea, and look past something like that :P)

My name is Loren.
#56 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 7:09 AM
It was a great drawing though! :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#57 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 9:53 AM
I suppose the only way to avoid all the flicking is have a small family with a small ampount of pets. Get used to that, then build upto having however many pets you want! From what I'vce gathered, there will be a limit of 10 pets and 8 sims individually, but you cannot have more than 14 characters in total. E.g 8 sims 6 pets. I might have the numbers wrong and their subject to change too

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
#58 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 10:26 AM
Have they come out with a new total # then? On that live chat thing I think they said the max # was 12. But don't quote me. And that is fine with me, I'm still getting the hang of having a bunch of sims on the lot, I don't need a bunch of animals too. :p
Field Researcher
#59 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
So, is 8 still the Limit, or is it 8 of each now?
Quote: Originally posted by yamikuronue
Well now we know: up to 8 sims, up to 6 pets, up to 12 characters total in any combination. So 8 sims and 4 pets, or 6 pets and 6 sims
I actually thought the maximum was just 8 Sims and 6 pets.

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Scholar
#60 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 8:04 PM
i think its is like you can have 8 sims max and 6 pets max but th etotal number of sims AND pets is max out at 12 (or at least at this time they didnt say 100% sure it would be 12)
but i think it would be cool if you could have 12 total with just 1 sims and 11 pets (i really want a crazy cat lady =p)

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 8:06 PM
During the chat, Maxis said it was 8 sims and 6 pets. (I think) :p

~Kitty

"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once."

By Evan Esar (1899 - 1995), Esar's Comic Dictionary
Field Researcher
#62 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 4:14 AM
as dizzysim stated it is 8 sims, 6 pets max of 12 might be lowered
quote:
Quote:
MaxisHunter! (Jul 27, 2006 3:07:46 PM)
Yes they will (dogs and cats), but they dont count against your 8 Sims. You can have up to 8 Sims and up to 6 pets, but we're testing still, so there's probably going to be a limit on total number of characters -- we have it set to 12 right now.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 2:57 AM
Normally im not too interested in the EP. The plain sims 2 will just do me fine. But i do have to say that i am a little excited about Pets! Especially after i just read that it will have guinea pigs!! I have two at home Salt and Pepper.

How many of you are pre-ordering?
#64 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 12:14 AM
If I find somewhere that won't gip me, I'm preordering.
Page 3 of 3