Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 11:14 PM
Default dogs, cats and stairs?
Do you think pets will be able to go up and down stairs?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 11:17 PM
Probably, or else I'm gonna be kinda mad. I think I read somthing about this in an interview that mentioned they could but that puppies/kittens might need some help.
Theorist
#3 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 12:23 AM
I think that it's a given that dogs and cats can climb stairs. They definitely did say somewhere about puppies and kittens needing a sim to carry them up the stairs. That should be a cute little interaction! :D
Banned
#4 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 12:29 AM
It would be so cute if mommy cat carried her little kitten up the stairs! And when the kittens or puppys need a bath, mommy cat or mommy dog licked them for their bath!
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 12:35 AM
Ofcourse they will be able to. But I bet that when they are old they won't be. My grandma's weener dog hasn't been upstairs in 5 years because of arthritis lol :/
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 6:46 AM
I think so... Too bad puppies and kittens can't... My new puppy can pounce down staircases with 100 steps already...

*Glares* >:( What are you looking at?
Theorist
#7 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 6:56 AM
Well, maybe puppies and kittens in The Sims 2 Pets can climb down the stairs (maybe with a little bit of trouble doing so), but not up the stairs? I can see that happening.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 11:05 AM
All I know is that when our cats were kittens they couldn't climb the stairs we have at my parents' house. So I find it realistic if Maxis made it that way.

"Euphobia- Fear of hearing good news."
Doctor: Good news - you are completely healthy!
Patient: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! [collapses and dies of chok]

http://www.iduniq.com - your own, personal unique ID - join the wave; I'm #3013 :D
Instructor
#9 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 11:15 AM
Well that will be interesting because in Sims1 they could not go up and down stairs at all!
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissTech
Well that will be interesting because in Sims1 they could not go up and down stairs at all!

I think they could.
I always built two-storey houses and my pets slept in the second floor with their masters
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 2:16 PM
Yeah, my pets in UL could go up and down stairs. ([off topic] Isn't it wierd thinking that you could only have a max. of 2 stories in TS1?[/off topic])

My name is Loren.
#12 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 2:19 PM
yep, im pretty sure in unleashed they could go up and down stairs aswell. so im sure they will in this EP. (hopes anyway)
Alchemist
#13 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 4:26 PM
I hope so as well, it makes sense that way. It would be a bit silly for a rottweiler or adult cat not being able to go up and down the stairs

But kitties and puppies may behave like toddlers on this and need some help...sooo cute!

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
#14 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 4:39 PM
I hope so and i think that the interactions to help the kittens/puppys up the stairs will be very cute.

Harp Baby--- i was JUST entertaining this thought yesterday as I actually played TS1 on my hubbys computer!!!
#15 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 5:25 PM
it would be very cute if puppies and kittnes helplessly try to jump on stairs! But i also think that it is more realistic if they can`t. In TS1 we couldn`t even see puppies nor kittens.
#16 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 5:51 PM
Just read in this article

A massive amount of attention to detail has clearly been paid to how real-life animals truly do behave and interact. A small puppy who was unable to make its way up the stairs, eliciting a Sim to come and carry it

Here is the link http://games.simmingworld.com/articles/at_ea/pc.php. This bit of info can be found next to Mortimer Goth holding a white puppy in front of a piano.
#17 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 1:15 AM
Bliss. That would be so adorable.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 1:22 AM
Nice article...but that dog in that first clip is scarryy. lol. Sorry. But really......the cute interactions with puppies/kittens is really nice.

Oh and the create-a-pet screen, the layering idea is awesomee. I am a little surprised at that customization tool. I guess Maxis is really stepping it up this time....at least I hope so.

Live each day like it's your last!

Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 10:08 PM
My newest kitten can climb stairs faster than I can, but they he's hyperactive, he's literally trying to climg up walls. He can manage to get halfway up there before falling.