Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 1:01 AM
Default WCIF - Mod that disables strict gender preferences?
I really don't know how to phrase what I'm looking for in one simple sentence, and I don't know if this is a thing or not yet. I've been struggling to search for this to discover if anyone has made one. If not, no worries, but if a mod like this exists, I would LOVE to be pointed in the right direction! I apologize if I'm doing something wrong with this post...let me know! :X

But ever since the High School expansion, the game is now -forcing- gender preferences in a way that kind of breaks the free gameplay for me. I have no problem with Sims liking the same gender, or opposite genders. I have played as both in my games. I'm not saying I want all gays out, or anything like that. I would just like to -choose- who my Sims can be with, like I used to. Now I'm having incidents where Sims can't be with the Sim they like because they apparently don't go for their gender, and it greys out all options to be romantic!! It's infuriating because the Sims has always been about your 'freedom to play' and has been so accepting of your Sims loving whoever they like, depending on how their relationships go...I liked that. Now I'm being forced to give up on certain Sims, and it's breaking storylines and plans I have...I'd just like the freedom to choose again, you know?

I read somewhere that you might be able to use a cheat to change the gender preference of a specific Sim in CAS, but for a playthrough that has a lot of generations and various Sims, it can get tedious to edit every single one. I was hoping there might be a mod available that kind of sets it back to the way it was, or disables the game's forcing, if that makes any sense. I can't be the only one being driven nuts by this!

Does anything like this exist?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Sep 2022 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatCreature
Now I'm having incidents where Sims can't be with the Sim they like because they apparently don't go for their gender, and it greys out all options to be romantic!! It's infuriating because the Sims has always been about your 'freedom to play' and has been so accepting of your Sims loving whoever they like, depending on how their relationships go...I liked that. Now I'm being forced to give up on certain Sims, and it's breaking storylines and plans I have...I'd just like the freedom to choose again, you know? I was hoping there might be a mod available that kind of sets it back to the way it was, or disables the game's forcing, if that makes any sense. I can't be the only one being driven nuts by this! Does anything like this exist?

You aren't, and I am glad there are others that think this way. The snot-nosed reply from the developers was peak Current Year, and it was all about pandering.

Now, I will be straight-up honest with you: I have never played a homosexual Sim and never will. I never added any, and those I found I altered. That said, I actually got mad at this railroading for more than just your usual "Woke" sort of thing. Having played the "Sims" series for almost a decade, I was aware that I would be playing a game where homosexuality existed, but I was an adult and I could turn it off.

The ideal system was what had always been: all Sims are de facto bisexual and they can actually shift Gender Preferences as time goes on, allowing you to essentially pair any Sim with any other Sim. That's how it should be, because it should be the right of the player to choose whom their Sim ends up with.

You're not alone. Countless people have been irritated it, but hey, EA is 'gonna EA.

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Smeg Head
#3 Old 29th Sep 2022 at 9:04 AM
https://modthesims.info/d/647895/wonderfulwhims.html

I don't know for certain if Wonderful Whims can do what you ask, as I don't use it. However I do use the adult version Wicked Whims, and you can disregard whatever gender prefs Maxis may have set up for sims with that. And as Wonderful Whims is primarily Wicked, but with the adult stuff cut out, then I'm guessing there's a strong possibility that it can do what you're looking for.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Sep 2022 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
https://modthesims.info/d/647895/wonderfulwhims.html

I don't know for certain if Wonderful Whims can do what you ask, as I don't use it. However I do use the adult version Wicked Whims, and you can disregard whatever gender prefs Maxis may have set up for sims with that. And as Wonderful Whims is primarily Wicked, but with the adult stuff cut out, then I'm guessing there's a strong possibility that it can do what you're looking for.

Thanks, I'll look into that tomorrow when it's not 5:30am and I haven't slept yet xD

I actually use Wicked Whims, but it didn't seem to be working. I'm using my imported settings that should already make these things okay, but maybe something broke. You wouldn't know where the settings for that are offhand, would you, coolspear1? There's so many layers of settings it's hard for me to figure out where exactly what I want is...I'll have to have another look.
And also, does this only apply to actions with the things Wicked Whims lets you do? Or has it helped the regular, vanilla game relationships too?

Hopefully this made sense. I'm gonna crawl off to bed now...