Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6201 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 6:08 AM
It used to be so annyoing when starting a brand new town and starting with only one couple living in the town at first and theygot assigned random lifetime wants to top out in some career or to own five top ranking businesses when they can't possible fufill that or to graduate three of their kids from high school which won't be set up for at least the next few generations and there's now a few fixes for these issues.One fixes the annyoing want to attend high school and another fixes the uneducated issue while a newcomer fixes the lifetime want issue.
Advertisement
Scholar
#6202 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 2:50 AM
So they get time off for maternity leave but not if they adopt? That's discrimination! (Also, fathers should get paternity leave too.)
Mad Poster
#6203 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
It used to be so annyoing when starting a brand new town and starting with only one couple living in the town at first and theygot assigned random lifetime wants to top out in some career or to own five top ranking businesses when they can't possible fufill that or to graduate three of their kids from high school which won't be set up for at least the next few generations and there's now a few fixes for these issues.One fixes the annyoing want to attend high school and another fixes the uneducated issue while a newcomer fixes the lifetime want issue.

You don't like all the ways to change LTW?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#6204 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
So they get time off for maternity leave but not if they adopt? That's discrimination! (Also, fathers should get paternity leave too.)

I know a mod exists somewhere to let you choose which parent gets time off but I don't know where, and it still only lets you pick one parent.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Field Researcher
#6205 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 6:46 AM
The Triplet and Quads Mod lets you choose which parent gets 3 days off....if she gets 3 or more babies both get days off
Mad Poster
#6206 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 6:16 PM
I didn't like that they got assigned randomly and often mismatched to the situation in that town like mkaing it to the top of a career when the town is newly started and it was even worse with the friend requirements for job promotions still being a factor.I modded that one out and did use the other ways of changing the lifetime wants though the restrctions still othered me and it was a painful process to ave to cycle though to get what I wanted them to have and thechoice I wanted was not always available.
Mad Poster
#6207 Old 30th Jul 2022 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I didn't like that they got assigned randomly and often mismatched to the situation in that town like mkaing it to the top of a career when the town is newly started and it was even worse with the friend requirements for job promotions still being a factor.I modded that one out and did use the other ways of changing the lifetime wants though the restrctions still othered me and it was a painful process to ave to cycle though to get what I wanted them to have and thechoice I wanted was not always available.

There is a new mod that lets you choose LTW from a list.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#6208 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 9:48 PM
I already know about that and was one of the first to download it and intend to get it instaled before going live in my Pleasantview Epic Challenge so I can fix broken lifetime wants if they get something unworkable for that game.
Lab Assistant
#6209 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 3:46 PM
These two curtains, the Aluminium Privacy Blinds and the Stewart Mourning Café Curtains.

They're nearly one with the wall when their meshes clearly intend for them to be placed over windows like, you know, actual curtains, not inside them. Blimey.
The blinds go ok with the Breeze-easy windows and look somewhat believable with a few others, but that's about it. Grrrr. Rawr.
Field Researcher
#6210 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prismatic
These two curtains, the Aluminium Privacy Blinds and the Stewart Mourning Café Curtains.

They're nearly one with the wall when their meshes clearly intend for them to be placed over windows like, you know, actual curtains, not inside them. Blimey.
The blinds go ok with the Breeze-easy windows and look somewhat believable with a few others, but that's about it. Grrrr. Rawr.

You might like the fitted blinds then. They sit in the window frame but they're meant to do that. Really amazing work by TNW in creating these.
https://modthesims.info/d/567289/fitted-blinds.html

It annoys me when there are windows that appear single tile but actually take up 2 so no blinds or curtains fit without cheats. Dj Music and Leesester did make versions to fit these windows which I really need to put in my game because it drives me nuts.

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
Scholar
#6211 Old 31st Aug 2022 at 12:44 PM
Sims who want to get engaged to a Sim who's already married...especially when they have a single girlfriend they never even think of proposing to.

Cold and flu season--it's like playing whackamole.
Lab Assistant
#6212 Old 31st Aug 2022 at 5:42 PM
I think this is a "just my game" thing but whenever I start the game, the initial splash screen always loads for a really long time spent with none of the little progress bars at the top filled in... just barely long enough for me to wonder "is it freezing and not loading??"... and THEN every progress bar and scroll-by text message goes by all at once in very quick succession and it's done loading. It's kinda annoying! Would much rather have the splash screen actually progress at a normal rate and be able to read all the silly little messages (the ones that say "reticulating more splines" and "calibrating the ceiling fans" and such) and feel secure that the game was indeed continuing to load, haha.
Mad Poster
#6213 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 5:10 AM
I wish mirrors could reflect reflections of other mirrors, like in real life. I know it couldn't do more than 2 or 3 recursions before you'd overload the game engine trying to render infinite reflections, but it'd still be nice even if it just stopped working on the third reflection or something

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Instructor
#6214 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 10:41 AM
This is a old opinion that I thought about when I playing sims 4 for the first time in 2014. I still have the same opinion. All of the pet peeves I had in Sims 2, for example, friends and delivery drivers taking too long to come, were taken out by the Sims 4. At first I thought it was great but later I realized that the same annoying realism made Sims 2 so fun to play and special.

Also it's adults taking out my toddlers out of high chair s and cribs when they still haven't finished eating and sleeping. It's feeding toddlers and babies while they're not hungry.
It's also when customers complain about newspapers when it's a home business ffs.
Mad Poster
#6215 Old 27th Dec 2022 at 8:18 AM
Noone has had an annoyance for a while. Had to dig this out 4 pages back. XD

What do you do when you download clothing (or anything else) and it doesn't show up? The answer seems to be, delete the clothing and forget about it. Which is really not helpful for the content creator. I have an upload here https://modthesims.info/d/652139/ma...or-females.html, that has been up for almost two years and has over 300 downloads and it took until now for someone to tell me that the TM suits weren't showing up.

There was a mesh problem and it was fixable, but seriously, how do over 300 people DL it and not notice or not bother mentioning that it didn't work? Did all 300+ just happen to have the outfit it was based on? And even if they did I've seen it happen on other uploads and the creator always says, why did noone tell me about this before?

Tell the creator if something isn't working!
Mad Poster
#6216 Old 27th Dec 2022 at 12:50 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 27th Dec 2022 at 2:18 PM.
^ That one is very annoying!

I think some people leave comments and likes without actually testing out the items in their games, though. They're maybe on a download spree and don't notice there's something wrong if the item doesn't show up properly, unless that item was something they needed for a particular sim/project, or the problem is very visible in CAS/Bodyshop (like a row of outfits showing up bad).

I've had some like that, where I downloaded an item and maybe forgot I had it until I noticed it during a cleanup, and only then saw it had the wrong files, mesh, etc. and by then the creator was often long gone.

If it's a recent thing, I'll often wait one or two days (sometimes the creator notices something's wrong, or they get several messages about it), and then send a message/post if there's nothing yet. Depends where it is.

Not too long ago I had at least a couple sets of "project" recolor files I had to remake. Couldn't understand why they didn't show up ingame at first (the creator had taken ingame pics, of course - with the correct files), but had a look at them in SimPE and well, of course. They were too cute to just chuck away, though...

I think most creators appreciate being told (in a nice way, of course) if something's up with their download (things that are fixable or forgotten, like a broken mesh or link, or the wrong files uploaded, or anything like that), so they can fix it.
Mad Poster
#6217 Old 27th Dec 2022 at 1:33 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 27th Dec 2022 at 1:44 PM.
Well, . . . that was a little peeve! I just spent five minutes typing a reply, and then pressed the Alt key instead of Shift and lost the lot. GRRRR!

Anyway [typing it all again!], when I read your post @Charity, my first thought was, "I would tell you if something didn't work."

But then I remembered, a few years ago, before you did the "stubbies", you privately shared a few short shorts for teen and adult males with me. Some of them worked, but some didn't, and instead of getting back to you about them, I stupidly thought that I'd bothered you enough already, and I made do with the ones that did work. (Then a few weeks later you shared the "stubbies" here on MTS, and they met a lot of my Sims' needs for shorts. I use them a lot!) The most likely explanation for some not working is that I didn't have the meshes, and I put that down to me being so awkward and not having all the EPs, but I'm sure you'd rather I'd got back to you, and we'd probably have found meshes for some of them if I had. So, I'm sorry about that, and, when I can find a bit of time in the New Year, I'll try to PM you about the ones I couldn't get to work.

On the subject of the upload you linked to above, I hadn't paid much attention as I don't think I actually have any Victorian ladies and girls wanting to dress as men! But, on taking a closer look at it today, I realise that I do like the waistcoat, shirt and tie separates. They look OK (IMAO) even in a neighbourhood where most citizens choose to where modern attire:
These I see are based on a Maxis male outfits from the Glamour Life stuff pack, but the Maxis originals are (1) full body outfits, (2) only for adult males and (3) don't include the one with the white shirt, which I think must be your own recolour. Is there any chance of you sharing them for adult, teen and elder males? I suspect you may have had to make male versions before you could do the female ones. Andrew would like to have the white one (which he and I think is the best one) as an alternative shirt he could wear to school.

Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#6218 Old 27th Dec 2022 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
^ That one is very annoying!

I think some people leave comments and likes without actually testing out the items in their games, though. They're maybe on a download spree and don't notice there's something wrong if the item doesn't show up properly, unless that item was something they needed for a particular sim/project, or the problem is very visible in CAS/Bodyshop (like a row of outfits showing up bad).

I've had some like that, where I downloaded an item and maybe forgot I had it until I noticed it during a cleanup, and only then saw it had the wrong files, mesh, etc. and by then the creator was often long gone.

I always check my clothes in Bodyshop after I've downloaded them. And they stay in an 'Undecided' folder until I'm sure that they work/I definitely want them.

Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Well, . . . that was a little peeve! I just spent five minutes typing a reply, and then pressed the Alt key instead of Shift and lost the lot. GRRRR!

Sooo hate it when that happens.

But then I remembered, a few years ago, before you did the "stubbies", you privately shared a few short shorts for teen and adult males with me. Some of them worked, but some didn't, and instead of getting back to you about them, I stupidly thought that I'd bothered you enough already, and I made do with the ones that did work. (Then a few weeks later you shared the "stubbies" here on MTS, and they met a lot of my Sims' needs for shorts. I use them a lot!) The most likely explanation for some not working is that I didn't have the meshes, and I put that down to me being so awkward and not having all the EPs, but I'm sure you'd rather I'd got back to you, and we'd probably have found meshes for some of them if I had. So, I'm sorry about that, and, when I can find a bit of time in the New Year, I'll try to PM you about the ones I couldn't get to work.

All of the shorts were base game, but I changed the mesh, so it shouldn't have mattered anyway. They should have been standalone. All of them worked for me, so that's weird. I don't think I even kept them for myself, so you'd have to send me the files to check.

On the subject of the upload you linked to above, I hadn't paid much attention as I don't think I actually have any Victorian ladies and girls wanting to dress as men! But, on taking a closer look at it today, I realise that I do like the waistcoat, shirt and tie separates. They look OK (IMAO) even in a neighbourhood where most citizens choose to where modern attire:
These I see are based on a Maxis male outfits from the Glamour Life stuff pack, but the Maxis originals are (1) full body outfits, (2) only for adult males and (3) don't include the one with the white shirt, which I think must be your own recolour. Is there any chance of you sharing them for adult, teen and elder males? I suspect you may have had to make male versions before you could do the female ones. Andrew would like to have the white one (which he and I think is the best one) as an alternative shirt he could wear to school.

If you'd read the description then you'd know where I got them from lol. I have a link to Suza's white shirt version and a link to the full body female outfit that I cut the shirts off. So, no I never had male separate versions. There is a full body TM version by Cocomama here. https://modthesims.info/d/270654/ne...sttiebaggy.html I never bothered with male separate versions because my males already had a ton of waistcoat separates and I liked the jeans that came with the shirts. I didn't like the female jeans though, plus they weren't suitable when I was looking for Victorian stuff.
Mad Poster
#6219 Old 27th Dec 2022 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I always check my clothes in Bodyshop after I've downloaded them. And they stay in an 'Undecided' folder until I'm sure that they work/I definitely want them.

I've done this with all my old clothes items and a few other CAS items now. Had lots of iffy items in there. Still have a heap of hairs left to fix, but not sure if I'm that passionate... I've fixed a lot of the hairs I need for my favorite sims, though.

We're talking pre-2016 items here, so I doubt anyone else is going to fix them
Instructor
#6220 Old 27th Dec 2022 at 5:13 PM
This is 100% self-inflicted because I play the Sims about as regularly as Halley's comet passes through Earth but I hate it when I can't remember what I was doing. I'm sure there was a reason for me to have a lot with only a single garage extension in it, but why?

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#6221 Old 27th Dec 2022 at 9:39 PM
I'd love to play my gmae today though my big peeve for today is that I have to go shoppinh instead and might be lucky if I even get into the game today at all.
Mad Poster
#6222 Old 27th Dec 2022 at 11:59 PM
All of the shorts were base game, but I changed the mesh, so it shouldn't have mattered anyway. They should have been standalone. All of them worked for me, so that's weird. I don't think I even kept them for myself, so you'd have to send me the files to check.
I'm staying with my sister at the moment, and the files will be on my old computer at home. I'll PM you sometime in the New Year.

If you'd read the description then you'd know where I got them from lol. I have a link to Suza's white shirt version and a link to the full body female outfit that I cut the shirts off. So, no I never had male separate versions. There is a full body TM version by Cocomama here. https://modthesims.info/d/270654/ne...sttiebaggy.html I never bothered with male separate versions because my males already had a ton of waistcoat separates and I liked the jeans that came with the shirts. I didn't like the female jeans though, plus they weren't suitable when I was looking for Victorian stuff.
Sorry. I quickly skimmed through the description and didn't read it properly. I've now got the Rented Space ones OK, though I still can't find Suza's recolour with the white shirt, though I've looked through both female and male clothing on their site. I am very pleased though to see that liquidsims have brought simplystyling.de back, as it was one of the first Sims CC sides that I discovered. Maxoid Monkey linked to it on the official Sims 2 site which I was able to access briefly in its dying days. While I haven't yet been able to find the Suza outfit I was looking for, I've downloaded a few nice outfits tonight by her and Jope. Mostly AF casuals -- unusually for a Simmer, I've maybe slightly neglected adult females, while downloading lots of clothes for a certain teenage male.

As always, many thanks for your help!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#6223 Old 28th Dec 2022 at 9:28 AM
I've now got the Rented Space ones OK, though I still can't find Suza's recolour with the white shirt, though I've looked through both female and male clothing on their site.

It's under Fashion - Adult and Young Adult - Male - Formal. If you want it for Andrew then there is no teen version, but it's an easy copy paste of the textures from the Adult one to Cocomama's teen mesh.
Mad Poster
#6224 Old 28th Dec 2022 at 11:29 AM
It's under Fashion - Adult and Young Adult - Male - Formal. If you want it for Andrew then there is no teen version, but it's an easy copy paste of the textures from the Adult one to Cocomama's teen mesh.
Adult male formal is about the one place I didn't think of looking! Of course the reason why Andrew wants it as a separate is so he can wear the top with his shorts. Andrew never wears long trousers. Never? Well, hardly ever! The last time I remember was when he put on his sky-blue Maxis pyjamas, when Gloria told him to invite his chess partner Mallory Mace to sleep over so she wouldn't have to walk back to the downtown hostel where she was lived in those days. Afraid that Mallory, who is Romance, would get "ideas", Andrew insisted that both he and she would wear long pyjamas, before he would let her share his bed. Of course Mallory didn't get any "ideas"; she's been a good friend to Andrew for years, and she knows perfectly well that he's gay. Actually I think Andrew looked quite fetching in his pyjamas.

Anyway, to get back to the point, I've had Milkshape for a couple of years now, and I really think it's time I learned how to do these conversions myself. I did the first tutorial here for clothes meshing some time ago. (I was still working on my old computer then.) Any tutorials for dummies on how to separate top and bottom meshes?

As I mentioned, while I was on Simply Styling, I downloaded a few nice adult female outfits. I was a bit dumbfounded when most of them showed up as Maxis outfits in game. After an hour or more, I spotted what was wrong. The meshes were all in zip files, nested inside the main zip files. I hadn't noticed this and had put the mesh zip files into my Downloads folder (or a subfolder of it). Once I extracted the mesh package files, and deleted the unnecessary extra zip files, all the outfits worked. Not so much a GRRR! at Jope and Suza -- more a GRRR! at myself for not noticing.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#6225 Old 28th Dec 2022 at 2:03 PM
As I mentioned, while I was on Simply Styling, I downloaded a few nice adult female outfits. I was a bit dumbfounded when most of them showed up as Maxis outfits in game. After an hour or more, I spotted what was wrong. The meshes were all in zip files, nested inside the main zip files. I hadn't noticed this and had put the mesh zip files into my Downloads folder (or a subfolder of it). Once I extracted the mesh package files, and deleted the unnecessary extra zip files, all the outfits worked. Not so much a GRRR! at Jope and Suza -- more a GRRR! at myself for not noticing.

Actually, that is a pain in the ass. Why would you add extra zip files? If you want to separate the meshes then put them in a folder.
Page 249 of 274