Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#30226 Old 9th Sep 2022 at 11:19 AM
does anyone know the filename for these? https://curiousb.dreamwidth.org/38228.html
i tried redownloading just to look at the file names but it's not available anymore.

I want them off my game but I can't locate in my downloads folder. this one has the problematic CEP re-map that made my toilet stalls funky.
deleted the CEP and the prob is somewhat solved but I don't want the recolors anymore too.

thanks in advance
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#30227 Old 9th Sep 2022 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kanzen
does anyone know the filename for these?...thanks in advance

Hiya Kanzen Good to see you here again!
The file is available here: https://simfileshare.net/folder/21387/
And it should be called something like: FAB_MaxisResiStall_IndustrialSteel

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#30228 Old 9th Sep 2022 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Hiya Kanzen Good to see you here again!
The file is available here: https://simfileshare.net/folder/21387/
And it should be called something like: FAB_MaxisResiStall_IndustrialSteel

thank you so much cath! and yis im still playing this GOAT of a game
my stalls look like this now tho: https://modthesims.info/showthread....658#post5235658
but it's better than having those weird textures I never use.
I'll have to figure out how to get my default maxis colors back for it since it's all just green.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#30229 Old 9th Sep 2022 at 4:28 PM
@kanzen If you don't want the remapped toilet stall and the recolors, then you will need to replace the CEP-EXTRA_ToiletStall in both documents and program files. This should return the stall to the normal colors.
Forum Resident
#30230 Old 9th Sep 2022 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
@kanzen If you don't want the remapped toilet stall and the recolors, then you will need to replace the CEP-EXTRA_ToiletStall in both documents and program files. This should return the stall to the normal colors.

oh--oh my god
theyre back! it's all fixed now <3 thank you very much
Scholar
#30231 Old 9th Sep 2022 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
Do Sims *really* find out about cheating through gossip?

I can't remember ever having seen this happen--does it really happen, and is it obvious when it does? Or does this explain why sometimes one Sim is furious with another and I can't figure out why? Is it possible that someone's child can find out one of their parents cheated on the other this way and be mad at them about it?

Just wondering what people's experiences are with this particular aspect of gossip--which I've seen referenced but never confirmed. I have so much cheating going on in my hood right now and I definitely see gossip going on about it, but I can't tell if that gossip ever gets back to the spouse.

Replying to my own post to note that I saw Marticore recently posted a video testing this out and concludes that the answer is no, in case anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRr8SHHVcY4
Mad Poster
#30232 Old 10th Sep 2022 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnMal
Sometimes the wall tool cursor from build mode gets stuck, like in the picture. What I usually do is just go back and click down the wall tool again and that fixes it, but today it didn't. Anyone else who has had this issue?

Yep, had the same problem a few times. Don't remember how (if) it got fixed

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
#30233 Old 10th Sep 2022 at 6:59 PM
Grammapat, I am actually glad just to know I am not the only one getting that! Jo said she had encountered it to too and that it went away after reloading the lot - same thing fixes it for me, but I am a bit miffed that I can't fix it just by using the wall tool again, as I knew I have done that in the past. I will keep experimenting on this one and if I find a fix that means I don't need to reload the lot I will make sure to tell this forum.
Forum Resident
#30234 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 4:10 PM

Distress butchers block island is giving me stress
why does it do that
--uses other counters-- oh, they all do that
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#30235 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 4:23 PM
Why have you got an island counter against the wall anyway? Just use a counter. When you connect up the islands with space in front and behind they line up fine.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#30236 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Why have you got an island counter against the wall anyway? Just use a counter. When you connect up the islands with space in front and behind they line up fine.

i was hoping for a window bar seating...
Mad Poster
#30237 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 8:39 PM
Ah. I've tried to do that sort of thing, and it only really works if there's no wall there. You can line the islands up in an open space between two walls and fake the window with some combo of move_objects and CC; but if it's a pass-through to the outdoors it leaves you with a non-weather proof building, and if it's indoors it can create odd routing effects as well as the issue with the islands not wanting to join up right. I suppose it might be possible to make islands specifically to put against walls, that didn't do that, or perhaps some kind of fake wall? But I don't know of any such CC existing.

A table might exist somewhere that would allow you to fake the effect when placed against the wall, but none spring to mind and of course that would be lower and use regular chairs.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#30238 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 8:52 PM
What's the cheat to get rid of all stop signs?
Mad Poster
#30239 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 9:10 PM
You mean the ones in the neighborhoods? I think you need a mod to make them invisible.
https://ilovethesims2cc.tumblr.com/...op-sign-made-by
Forum Resident
#30240 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 10:22 PM Last edited by pianogrinder : 12th Sep 2022 at 10:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You mean the ones in the neighborhoods? I think you need a mod to make them invisible.
https://ilovethesims2cc.tumblr.com/...op-sign-made-by

The ones in lot view. When placing houses near intersections, I think maxis put in way too many signs and they kind of obstruct the view when taking pictures.
Edit: Nevermind. They work in lot view too. But the download link on that page didn't work for me, just went to a page called box and it was blank.
Edit: solved that one too. There was another link and that one worked.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30241 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
What's the cheat to get rid of all stop signs?

I just delete them in neighbourhood view. You can grab them like any other neighbourhood deco item.
Mad Poster
#30242 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
Edit: Nevermind. They work in lot view too. But the download link on that page didn't work for me, just went to a page called box and it was blank

Box links will do that if they start with "www" - change this to "app" and they'll usually work fine (just in case you find other such links)
Inventor
#30243 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 1:13 AM
Which version of Chris Hatch Visit Other Sims mod made it possible to let only one Sim visit the other Sim's house instead of bringing along their entire household?
Alchemist
#30244 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 2:09 AM
I feel your stress @kanzen I can't tell you how many times I've been frustrated by the fact that island counters don't connect in the way you'd expect. For that particular situation though, maybe you can use cheats to offset the counter from the wall a bit? That should help make them connect, since they won't be against a wall. You can use the quarter tile cheat, or, if you're really patient, snap Objects.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#30245 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 2:36 AM
^ I think SnapObjects may stop the counters from connecting properly, or at least make it a lot harder. QuarterTile could perhaps work.

I think the islands are meant to be used away from walls, either standalone as an island, in a line with just one end connecting to a wall and/or together with bars, but with an open space where sims can move behind them.
Forum Resident
#30246 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 3:49 AM
@Peni Griffin I did consider CC but I'm doing a no-CC challenge for myself, thank you tho for suggesting, I havent thought of it! Perhaps a table that looks like a counter would do the trick too. After I finish building, I'll save a non CC version for future me and then put CC in my current one =))

@Phantomknight @simmer22 hmm, I've never tried snapobjects and quartertile on it. perhaps I'll give it a try and see what happens. thank you <3

the lot itself is complete, (it's a chess club) i resolved to not making the window bar there but I'll definitely try again in a proper pub or cafe
Alchemist
#30247 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 4:30 AM
IIRC, when you use Snap Objects on counters and other connecting items, you have to fiddle with it and get it just right in order for it to connect. That's what I meant about being patient. It should connect, but also, certain counters are weird and, yeah, don't connect like you expect.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
#30248 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 8:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
Which version of Chris Hatch Visit Other Sims mod made it possible to let only one Sim visit the other Sim's house instead of bringing along their entire household?

You want one of these edits by jellymeduza, I think. Not sure exactly which file bc I haven't used it myself, but I bookmarked these recently thinking I'd look into it later when I felt like trying out visit other sims
Mad Poster
#30249 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kanzen
@Peni Griffin I did consider CC but I'm doing a no-CC challenge for myself, thank you tho for suggesting, I havent thought of it! Perhaps a table that looks like a counter would do the trick too. After I finish building, I'll save a non CC version for future me and then put CC in my current one =))

@Phantomknight @simmer22 hmm, I've never tried snapobjects and quartertile on it. perhaps I'll give it a try and see what happens. thank you <3

the lot itself is complete, (it's a chess club) i resolved to not making the window bar there but I'll definitely try again in a proper pub or cafe

Try those cheats. They will change your life
Forum Resident
#30250 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 1:37 PM
Snap objects cheat is a fun one. You can merge two furniture objects into one, couches, tables, counters, etc. But you have to be really accurate when lining it up, Patience is key.
Page 1210 of 1346