Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#51 Old 23rd Jul 2022 at 6:51 PM
I have most of my Sims 2 music replaced with SimCity 3&4 music and Sims 1 music, but I seldom listen to that. Mostly I play with the music muted and play music through the system I have in the room. Mostly vinyl, but some cassettes and CDs too. Save the game when the disk needs flipping! If I'm feeling too lazy to change physical media then I have a nice big digital catalog that I can pipe through the system too. I have a lot of music, I have spent far too much on it over the years! But I play some of it every day. I always have the sims turned up so that I can hear them shouting at each other and setting off the fire alarm too, though- and it's pretty funny hearing them "ohh-ohh!" smustle to thrash metal.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 23rd Jul 2022 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The sound of silence. Not the song, just the actual sound of silence (and whichever other sounds are around at the time).
I'll very occasionally put on some music, but these days I can't handle having music playing in the background for very long without my brain deciding enough is enough after about half a playlist (a very short one), and I can't concentrate all that well with songs, because I start humming to it and lose my focus on whatever else I'm doing.

I tend to prefer Youtube videos with people talking (usually not anything brainy, just something fun to listen to) instead of music these days, but silence when I'm playing games.
I actually quite like to listen to my Sims talking. Not that I understand what they're saying, but listening to them somehow makes them seem more alive to me. If there's music playing, it's usually because my Sims have turned it on, so it will almost certainly be salsa. Occasionally I may ask my Sims to change to a different channel. (Note that, since I see my Sims as autonomous free spirits, I don't direct them; I ask them. It's a subtle distinction, but one that I'm happy with.) In that case, we'll likely change to pop, or maybe classical, depending on which Sims are there and what sort of mood they're in.

On community lots, where the type of music can be determined by what colour of speakers I install, I tend to go for techno, pop or classical depending on the intended ambience of the lot. I also think I've seen "Disco" as an option somewhere, maybe on the DJ booth. Or maybe I'm just misremembering. And sometimes, as in real life, I prefer the "sound of silence" kind of of restaurant, where you hear nothing but the clink of cutlery, and the sound of customers talking. And if there are a lot of children there -- and maybe teens -- it can get pretty loud. (I often eat out in a popular ice cream restaurant!)

I try to remember that the music is there for my Sims benefit, rather than mine, so whether I like it or not really isn't the issue. Maybe of course, once I succeed in becoming a Sim and moving to Veronaville, I'll grow much less tolerant, and start demanding that they play my sort of music. In fact I might turn into a cantankerous old Sim like Consort Capp. . . . No!! I mustn't do that -- my existing Sims deserve much better!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#53 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 6:50 PM
I mostly listen to the ingame music and sounds while playing, but back when I was in 7th to 9th grade I had a massive EDM phase and I would always listen to it. I vividly remember summer 2014 nights spent in my basement with the radio turned on listening to all the hits at the time, mostly Martin Garrix and Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike... Stuff like Animals, Virus, Tremor, Body Talk, eventually made their way into a custom playlist in the game and I would throw college parties with that station playing.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Forum Resident
#54 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I actually quite like to listen to my Sims talking. Not that I understand what they're saying, but listening to them somehow makes them seem more alive to me. If there's music playing, it's usually because my Sims have turned it on, so it will almost certainly be salsa. Occasionally I may ask my Sims to change to a different channel. (Note that, since I see my Sims as autonomous free spirits, I don't direct them; I ask them. It's a subtle distinction, but one that I'm happy with.) In that case, we'll likely change to pop, or maybe classical, depending on which Sims are there and what sort of mood they're in.

On community lots, where the type of music can be determined by what colour of speakers I install, I tend to go for techno, pop or classical depending on the intended ambience of the lot. I also think I've seen "Disco" as an option somewhere, maybe on the DJ booth. Or maybe I'm just misremembering. And sometimes, as in real life, I prefer the "sound of silence" kind of of restaurant, where you hear nothing but the clink of cutlery, and the sound of customers talking. And if there are a lot of children there -- and maybe teens -- it can get pretty loud. (I often eat out in a popular ice cream restaurant!)

I try to remember that the music is there for my Sims benefit, rather than mine, so whether I like it or not really isn't the issue. Maybe of course, once I succeed in becoming a Sim and moving to Veronaville, I'll grow much less tolerant, and start demanding that they play my sort of music. In fact I might turn into a cantankerous old Sim like Consort Capp. . . . No!! I mustn't do that -- my existing Sims deserve much better!

I think like you, in life mode I always have the sound activated, I like to listen the sims talk, the environment and the music they listen to. I only hear different music when I'm building or the game is loading.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 30th Jul 2022 at 4:47 PM
Been listening to the Dallas String Quartet lately. The songs they've covered "Smooth Criminal" and 'Sweet Dreams" are two I really like.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Page 3 of 3