Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom objects placeable on OFB displays and shelves *UPD 22APR*

by Numenor Posted 7th Mar 2006 at 9:29 PM - Updated 22nd Apr 2006 at 8:41 PM by Numenor : Included support for Windkeeper's "Placement on locked tiles" hack

322 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 315 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 13 of 13
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#301 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 2:10 AM
Yes, all the 4 versions should work with Bon Voyage, too.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#302 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 11:32 AM Last edited by ladymiriam : 23rd Oct 2007 at 11:34 AM. Reason: more info added
Hi Numenor,

I've been using your less custom item placement and custom opening sign since I got OFB without issue and the mis-placed sign was just a myth for me but now with BV I am experiencing the problems of restocking. I've noticed custom foods in the chiller and custom objects on custom shelves are affected but so far not custom objects on original shelving. I'm amazed this problem hasn't been sorted by the makers of the game, it's been a while now.
I have not read all the posts in this thread, a couple of screaming kids are a bit of a distraction, and some I couldn't really understand but the fix you offered by enabling testingCheats, will that fix it for all time on that lot or will I have to keep doing it periodically?
Thanks for your time.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#303 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 12:58 AM
There is no fix for the "misplaced restock sign" bug, unfortunately. It's just something that we have to live with.
I only know that it's not strictly related to the usage of custom content; and I know that these hacks can sometimes make the problem appear more often, but are not the cause of it.
The trick I've suggested, involving the testingCheats, only serves to the purpose of delete the restock signs that are misplaced in the corner of the lot (they are unmovable without the cheat); but it won't prevent the misplacement to happen.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#304 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 9:46 PM
I just got seasons (previously base, uni, nl, ofb) and this oddity occured placing maxis cake / plates and custom food on the chill shelves - instead of being placed horizontal in a six pack as they used to, they were placed vertically coming foward out of the case floating. I had move objects off, snap objects to grid on. This was with the more version. The less version works just fine though.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#305 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 4:16 PM
I've tested the "More" version (without locked-tiles) in my "Up to BV" game, and I could correctly fill a chill shelf with 12 single portions in total (I only used Maxis foods, including cakes, toaster pastries, loebster etc; NO custom foods).

May it be something in your downloads that is causing this glitch? A custom refrigerator? A global mod?

Test Subject
#306 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 7:57 PM
hi.. i wanted to ask something about this hack. i downloaded the last one. more objects with locked tiles. it was ok for soem tome, but now, the extra objects placed on shelves dont appear. maybe they are there. but i cant see them. and those ones bought by customers, get placed on the end tile of the plot :S..
i oly noticed many OUT OF STOCK boards on the corner tile, on which i hadnt placed anything. when i stocked them i noticed they were the extra objects placed on the shelves.
what should i do?

There can be miracles, when you believe....
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#307 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 12:57 AM
I'm not sure to understand, but it seems to me that you are experiencing the "Misplaced restock sign" bug (i.e. when an object is sold, the restock sign is misplaced to the corner tile). Are you saying that the objects disappear as soon as you place them on the shelf?

Test Subject
#308 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 9:32 PM
I recently installed freetime and at first i couldn't use the OFB functionality in my fridges (I could put leftovers in the fridge, but couldn't choose to get them out- and this was in all fridges, not just custom ones).
I took this mod out (and only this one) and its back to normal. I know it could be other factors but it could also be that the mod is not be fully compatible with freetime. has anyone else had this or a similar problem? is there anything else I could do or am I stuck like this?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#309 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 10:01 AM Last edited by Numenor : 22nd Mar 2008 at 10:14 AM.
This mod modifies the Global BHAV 0x0000010F (Init - Object), adding some lines to the original BHAV; I've checked the original BHAV in OFB, SSN, BV and FT, and it's always the same: Maxis didn't change anything for that, and therefore these mods should be compatible with FreeTime just as much as they were compatible with Bon Voyage and Seasons. Of course, I'm going to run some tests in a "clean" FT game

I noticed you consider the "Get Leftovers" interaction as a OFB function: no, it was introduced with Seasons, and it's contained in the "FridgeGlobals" functions released with Seasons; please double-check if you have some mod related to fridges in your Downloads (it would be best to temporarily remove *all* the content of the Downloads except this mod, to be sure that the error is really caused by this mod).

EDIT - I've tested the most complex version ("More with LockedTiles") in a clean Up-to-FreeTime game: the leftovers can correctly be stored into the fridge and taken out from it.
You must have some other hack that is blocking the Leftover interaction.

Field Researcher
#310 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 11:55 PM
So I've been using this for a while, but after opening the file in SimPE to take a peak at it (I want to see if there was an easy way to exclude the decra chill from the more version), I have to give you utmost kudos!
Heh, I suppose it's to be expected, but this just looks terribly complex. So amazing job as per usual, Numenor! (It' also amazing to see that you monitor your older threads! A lot of creators just forget about them!)

*Claps* Thanks for such a great mod for our game, Numenor! You are cool enough to get a nickname! Nummy! I kid, I kid. But seriously, thank you very much.
Test Subject
#311 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 10:28 PM
I absolutely LOVE this mod! But...I seem to have struck a glitch.
I’ve got no issues with misplaced signs, my affliction is more bizarre!
Objects get placed and bought fine, but restocking gets messed up.
Normal restocking signs appear, sims normally go through the motions of restocking and money gets payed for goods .Restocking signs disappear...BUT...shelves remain empty.
I can restock manually...but its not as fulfilling as having my simmies do it!
I’ve got all expansion packs and stuff packs .Problem seems to have cropped up sometime after seasons but I’m not sure when. I know I've been using this mod with no problems for a long time before BV and FT.

Once again...THANK YOU Numenor
Lab Assistant
#312 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 2:33 AM
you're amazing Numenor,I don't know what I would do without this usefull hack.

anyway I know this might sound strange but I think I found a small issue,but I was wondering if someone else could check this for me, I have all ep's up to Apartmentlife and I notice with this hack in my game I can't make beach lots (empty lot or pre made lot) but when I remove the hack I can make beach lots. I tried putting it back in my game after a computer restart, but it still does it.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#313 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 9:57 AM
There are no possible connections between this hack and the creations of beach lots; I don't know what can block the beach lots: have you tried reading the Game Help forum? Not sure that it can actually help, but maybe your problem has been experienced by other players, too.

Lab Assistant
#314 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 3:58 AM
I had a look around the help forums but I could not find anyone else having the same issues. I got a friend of mine to check the hack in her game to see if she could make the beach lots and it works fine. I guess it might be another hack causing the problem, thanks
Test Subject
#315 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 9:46 PM
This seems to be such an awesome hack and I would love to be able to try it! But I had some problems when I installed the mod: my sims couldn't talk to the plants and they coudn't put the left overs of their meals in the fridge either. I desabled all the cc unless this mod and it still didn't work.
Has anybody else had this problems before?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#316 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 11:43 PM
Great! I can now have my sims can collect teddy bears
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#317 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 6:45 PM
Fantastic job. Makes running businesses a lot more fun.
Test Subject
#318 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 1:51 PM
I have a problem with this MOD, It's happened, when I install this mod, and open my game, don't works, appear a yellow triangle, someone knows how to fix it? pleae
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#319 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 6:45 PM
Thank you ! :)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#320 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 2:14 PM
Awesome, thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#321 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 3:49 AM
thanks
Field Researcher
#322 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Samarah
This seems to be such an awesome hack and I would love to be able to try it! But I had some problems when I installed the mod: my sims couldn't talk to the plants and they coudn't put the left overs of their meals in the fridge either. I desabled all the cc unless this mod and it still didn't work.
Has anybody else had this problems before?

I realise this is a very old thread, but yes I have the left overs problem. Removed the hack and all worked again. Pity because this was a great idea but it just doesnt work for me (Sims 2 Ultimate Collection).
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#323 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 9:22 AM
I never thanked you for this after all this time? Really? My belated thanks, wherever you are. This mod is a must for my game!
Page 13 of 13