Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hydra's Town Square

by V1ND1CARE Posted 1st Jun 2006 at 11:39 PM - Updated 20th Oct 2008 at 4:51 PM by V1ND1CARE : Added missing floorplan.

77 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 76 Feedback Posts
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 26th Jun 2006 at 10:52 PM
This is a wonderful lot, a true masterpiece. I would love to have it for my game too, but I'm afraid it won't show up with me either. As far as I have understood, from threads at this forum and other forums, anything built with these two additional packs installed (Holiday Pack and FFS), requires these packs installed with others who want to install the lot in their game too. Even if the lot is built/furnished without any of the items that come with those packs. The game sees these two extra packs as real expansion packs and behaves consequently: lots are only forward compatible and not backwards. This since Nightlife came out, because with this EP the gamedata have been changed. So for example, a lot built in the original game or in Nightlife will install without any problem into OFB, but an OFB lot will not install in a game with Nightlife or earlier EP's. The same goes for the FFS pack, since it behaves like a real EP.

I know that it will prevent me from dowloading a few very nice lots, but I'm not going to buy and install these two silly (sorry my opinion) packs for a few lots. Too much money all together for something not worth it.

If I am wrong in this, then I was informed incorrectly. Would love someone to prove this wrong and tell me I CAN install this lot into my game without both the extra packs.

Lin

~:: Check out my creations at Casa Sims and at Simnuts Creations ::~
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#52 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 5:40 AM
Simlin – I’ve read up on this problem as well and it would seem that there are many out there without FFS encountering this error when attempting to install a lot created with FFS. Here are two links in particular that address this issue and provide a workaround for it: 1) http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/communit...b922229817398b4 and 2) http://forums.thesimsresource.com/s...ght=FFS+install

Unfortunately, I’m unable to test this theory myself, but based on the feedback that I’ve received from others and posts such as these, Clean Installer, (found here http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com ), seems to be the solution. Hope this helps you.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 2:03 PM
Thank you V1ND1CARE for your reply and the links to a possilbe workaround. I really hope this will work with just the Clean Installer (which I always use for all Sims2Packs that go into the game). I'll download the lot now and try to install it tonight or tomorrow. I'll let you know if it worked.

Lin

Test Subject
#54 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 6:20 PM
Very beautiful..congratulations!
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 8:07 PM
Well, it worked! I got the lot installed with Clean Installer. I noticed only a strange thing. In the neighborhood where I placed the lot - and in neighborhood view - I now see blu flashing items in some lots (plants) and when I move a lot from one place to another a bright yellow spot remains at the place where the lot was before. I can't get it away. When I leave the neighborhood and enter again, the spot has gone but the blu flashing plants remain. When I open one of the lots with the blu flashing items everything seems to be OK. Just wondered if it could have something to do with your lot being installed. I didn't have that before.
Further I noticed that on your lot the 45° angle cheat seems to be automatically on. Even if I enter the cheat code with false, it keeps moving the objects with 45° and cannot place them in a normal way.
Funny eh. Just wanted to let you know.

The lot looks great in the game too. Can't wait to play with it.
Thanks!

Lin

Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 1st Jul 2006 at 1:49 PM
Simlin55 -- I'm glad that you were able to get the lot installed, but as for the flashing blue and yellow spot, that is very strange. I would hazard a guess that the Hydra lot might have some blue flashing in neighborhood view due to FFS trees and the Maxis Lost Topiary, but in other lots as well? And the yellow spot is interesting, especially since I've never encountered that effect before. And thanks for the heads up on the cheat remaining on within the lot. I'll do some testing on future lots so that cheats aren't automatically enabled and stuck on.

Again, I'm happy to read that Clean Installer was a valid workaround and I'm grateful for the time that you took to post your other observations. Such tidbits will help me with future lot projects. My thanks.
Test Subject
#57 Old 2nd Jul 2006 at 8:44 PM
Wauw, This is really beautiful, Im amazed!..
Unfortunately I haven't got all the the other games, so I can't download it,
but fantastic creation anyway. (:
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 12:36 PM
Spectacular job! thank!

"la alegría y la tristeza son inseparables" K.Gibran
Test Subject
#59 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 9:27 AM
I've downloaded almost all of your works!!!
Your hands must be given from the art god!!
You're amazing!
Test Subject
#60 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 11:34 AM
WOW! It's beuatiful!! Too bad I don't have the needed expansion packs
Test Subject
#61 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 7:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KathrineR
WOW! It's beuatiful!! Too bad I don't have the needed expansion packs

me too TAT

. ★ * ★ *.★ ┲要做最堅強dě泡沫!
.*★ *.  *..*   ★
★ *
★  天空開闊  ★’ V^_^V
  ‘★.     ★’
     ‘*..★'  ‘
Test Subject
#62 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 8:26 PM
This is effing awesome!
Werd to that yo

T.A.W.G.~Two Asians and a White Guy
www.myspace.com/tawg
Test Subject
#63 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 1:10 AM
Beatiful. Greece is my dream vacation. I really hope to get there someday.
Field Researcher
#64 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 11:04 PM
Oh man, my grandma's family still lives up that cobble stone road to the left of the clock/church...
I love Hydra, I'd live there if i could. thanks for this tribute to greece and its culture!

*waves hi*
Field Researcher
#65 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 11:05 PM
*tear* i can't download it, it says i need an expansion pack... wah!

*waves hi*
Test Subject
#66 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 5:52 AM
Ohhh this is sooo beautiful!!
I live near Hydra and have visit it so many times.
I just can't find the words for this masterpeace!!

Thank you very very much for sharing this!!
Hugs & Smiles
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 9:14 AM
I love how your creativity reflec in your sim buildings. a Thanks from me. L.L.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 10th May 2007 at 2:44 PM
WOW, i'm speachless
Field Researcher
#69 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 5:45 AM
This is Beautiful, Thank You
Top Secret Researcher
#70 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 1:10 PM
hallucinatingly nice. if thats a word.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 12:47 PM
Oh my god!....Like wow! it's a vacation Actually dose look like a place ive been to.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 5:53 PM
It's absolutely amazing, and you really captured the true beauty of Greece.

Of course, this just makes me want to travel to Greece even more...

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss
Wiki Wizard
#73 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 9:40 AM
Truly fab, thanks for this:D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Space Pony
#74 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 6:47 AM
An oldie now.. but I had to come back for it now I have all expansions :D

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so astonished!
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 9:30 PM
Just WOW! Great lot!!
Page 3 of 4