Replies: 64 (Who?), Viewed: 2088 times.
Page 2 of 3
Mad Poster
#26 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 2:32 AM
That is true, but almost everyone has Pescado's hack to prevent unlinkage and corruption to the neighborhood-"Nounlinkondelete", and it's recommended by every single player to put it in your downloads folder the minute you start playing.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Field Researcher
DELETED POST
Original Poster
16th Jul 2021 at 2:04 AM
This message has been deleted by Aspersim. Reason: bad advice with usage of 4GB patch
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 2:06 AM
Don't use compatibility mode with the 4gb patch, it removes it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 2:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Don't use compatibility mode with the 4gb patch, it removes it.

did not know should I delete the post?

That is how I run my game.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 2:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspersim
did not know should I delete the post?

That is how I run my game.

If you are running it in compatibility mode then you won't be using the 4 gb patch. Depends if you need it I guess. I would rather have it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...QD9asFsx5U/edit
Is the best guide. "Compatibility mode invalidates the 4GB Patch and limits the game to 2GB. "

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#30 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 4:39 AM
I don't know where you got the idea that you have to go through so many hoops to get it to work in Win 7. Once I installed the entire game into the computer, I didn't have to use Admin mode and I put in the 4 gig patch because my monitor was not working properly with the game.

Quote:
Go to the file shortcut on your desktop once installed on Windows 10 or Vista or Windows 7 any version of it. right click University Life Collection OR "Fun With Pets Collection" IF you have either on of them installed EVEN IF you have later expansion pack installed and GOTO properties and run compatibility for Windows XP OR Windows Vista Service Pack 2 and click on Run As Administrator checkmark and then press OK.

I used the last EP in the series, M&G for the desktop shortcut to the game (and I don't have either the two collections you mention). I never use the compatibility mode because it is not needed for a machine that does not have Windows XP or programs that need it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 12:29 AM Last edited by Aspersim : 20th Jul 2021 at 12:41 AM.
You also need to be concerned with changing beach lots into apartment OR hotel in fact I read somewhere that you should never attempt tp do that either.

This is a following topic about creating or doing lot types, read somewhere else too that you should never convert a beach lot into a hotel OR an Apartment Lot ever.
https://modthesims.info/t/302405

IF YOU WANT TO CREATE A HOTEL OR APARTMENT LOT THAN HERE IS THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS:

to create Apartment OR Hotel lots you need to type in the following cheat code by first pressing "CRTL SHIFT C" at the same time while in lot, in the game first. Then type without quotes "ChangeLotZoning apartmentbase"
Capital letters and one space is required
OR
"ChangeLotZoning hotel"

How to create an apartment lot sept by step instructions
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g...ng_an_apartment

From Google:

Can you make hotels in Sims 2?
If you want to build your own hotel, you can do so only by enabling a cheat in the game. ... Type "Changelotzoning hotel" into the text box and press "Enter." If you are finished building your hotel, save the lot and exit. Sims will now be able to visit and check into your hotel.Sep 22, 2017

I think you need to use that brown door only that comes with the "Bon Voyage Expansion pack" for your hotel rooms, then make sure that the small sign is on the outside for this to work or this will never work for you when it come to hotels. also must a hotel MUST be a community lot at first and a APARTMENT MUST BE a Residential at first.
Alchemist
#32 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 12:59 AM
Quote:
You also need to be concerned with changing beach lots into apartment OR hotel in fact I read somewhere that you should never attempt tp do that either.

This is a following topic about creating or doing lot types, read somewhere else too that you should never convert a beach lot into a hotel OR an Apartment Lot ever.
https://modthesims.info/t/302405

It's ok. The topic you linked is an easy solution to any terrain problems created by apartments on beaches, solved way back in 2008. Beach lots are a little finicky to move and apartments tend to get a little glitchy, anyway, but it is ok to build one on a beach lot if you want to. Not risky to the game or anything like that.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 1:31 AM
Quote:

The lot can be glitchy, it can do things to the beach portals, but this has nothing to do with hood corruption. Your hood is not going to corrupt because you made a beach apartment. Every bug you see is not hood corruption.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 11:27 AM
Quote:
The lot can be glitchy, it can do things to the beach portals, but this has nothing to do with hood corruption. Your hood is not going to corrupt because you made a beach apartment. Every bug you see is not hood corruption.

Somewhat related to the topic I just wanted to say, it's better to only have One family or household in a given apartment complex, group home, or trailer park (etc) at a time, to avoid clone glitches, and stuck sims
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#35 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 12:14 PM
Quote:
Somewhat related to the topic I just wanted to say, it's better to only have One family or household in a given apartment complex, group home, or trailer park (etc) at a time, to avoid clone glitches, and stuck sims

Then you may as well not play apartments

Just click the batbox Fix> Bad Apartment residencies and if that doesn't work put on move objects and delete that instance off the lot.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 12:19 PM Last edited by Aspersim : 22nd Jul 2021 at 7:49 AM.
Quote:

Just click the batbox Fix> Bad Apartment residencies and if that doesn't work put on move objects and delete that instance off the lot.

I just do the above and never had to worry about that again

If you want to have more sim household inside apartments or trailer park (etc) than just build more of them and put only one household at a time into them, at one time, and when you want them to move out it will reset the lot it's a simple fix

if you are having clone issues than move all sims out of your apartments. Then move them back in again in order to reset the lot without needing to be cheat or hack.

if you do want to have more then one household in them, you can reset the lot, by moving them all out and, then moving them back in again. If you want to have more than one household per complex? But I would only recommend having one at a time.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#37 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 12:28 PM
Quote:
I just do the above and never had to worry about that again

If you want to have more sim household inside apartments or trailer park (etc) than just build more of them and put only one household at a time into them, it's a simple fix

The point of apartments is so the families can interact, if I want one family on a lot I would play a residential lot.

But you do whatever you want to do. It is not an issue to me to quickly fix if something crops up. I just played all four families at my hostel and had zero clones.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 8:06 AM Last edited by Aspersim : 22nd Jul 2021 at 8:25 AM.
Quote:
The point of apartments is so the families can interact, if I want one family on a lot I would play a residential lot.
+-
But you do whatever you want to do. It is not an issue to me to quickly fix if something crops up. I just played all four families at my hostel and had zero clones.

The issue usually occurs "in my own game" when I move sims out of an apartment with more than one household in it. and one or two NPC's households. (for example) you have 2 sim households in one apartment complex, "with four or more apartment's or trailers?

and then you move one of those sims out using the "Move In" feature in the sims 2 relationship by Proposing "move in" on a different lot. Doing that will sometimes get a sim stuck on the previous lot. The old apartment lot. Because of the last save state on that apartment lot., Resetting the lot is the safest solution to this in my own opinion.

technically whenever you move a NPC "for example "using the default propose "Move In" feature. while clicking on a sim and then proposing. "for example" IF you are taking that sims out of a complex, or group home, trailer park (etc.) with more than one family in it, it can cause a stuck sim glitch. If that occurs than just reset the lot, that is all you need to do to fix it, It's safer in my own opinion then deleting the stuck or clone sim or sims,

Of course that all depends on how you play your game, I would like just to use the Sim relationship panel, Move In without a glitch, AND? as long as I don't have more than one household per apartment complex I never have to worry about having a stuck sim glitch, and I can still use the default Propose "move in" features on a different lot.

Quote:

I've lost sims when I deleted those clones before. One time? My original sim was not appearing in my household anymore I got vary worried about corruption, But that did not always happen though
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 8:34 AM
Quote:
The issue usually occurs "in my own game" when I move sims out of an apartment with more than one household in it. and one or two NPC's households. (for example) you have 2 sim households in one apartment complex, "with four or more apartment's or trailers?

Of course that all depends on how you play your game, I would like just to use the Sim relationship panel, Move In without a glitch, AND? as long as I don't have more than one household per apartment complex I never have to worry about having a stuck sim glitch, and I can still use the default Propose "move in" features on a different lot.

Of course! I forgot about when I move my old sims out of one of my own households than I would need to probably reset the lot to be safe, by moving the sims out than back in again anyway
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#40 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 11:25 AM
If you get a sim on the lot who shouldn't be, put on move object and delete them with the hand tool off the lot.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#41 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 11:26 AM
If that's how you want to play apartments, but as Jo has said it's not needed. I play apartments a lot and frequently move Sims in and out, the batbox works fine or even just deleting them with move objects.

The rest of the paragraph I didn't really understand from the wording but other than a minor glitch moving sims in and out has no issues, even via the "move in" interaction. I don't see any reason why you should lose sims, other than if you've deleted the wrong ones. If you accidentally delete the sims from your household just reload the lot and they should reappear, or quit without saving if they aged up or moved in to an existing household that day.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 1:52 PM
Is there a mod that automatically removes sim refreezes to a lot I just read this and it seems panful process every single time

https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=550362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawusa

The sim references ARE dangerous and perhaps you should take more care about them. The game does not delete the sim references if you just remove the furnitures. Basically you can keep the furnitures and just remove the sim reference before you place it into another neighborhood. If you place that lot into another neighborhood, the game can't link the sim references to a sim because that sim doesn't exist in the neighborhood. That's why it will cause corruption. Actually all of the lots have sim references. You can't avoid them. They are also in never ever occupied lots. But they link to the universal sims which are in every neighborhood (e.g. Grim Reaper is an universal sim) That's why the game can link the sim references to them in other neighborhoods without any problems. These sim references are not dangerous. They're harmless. But if the sim references link to a non-universal sim, then you'll have to remove it from the lot before you place the lot into another neighborhood. Because those sim references are dangerous and will cause corruption if not removed from the lot.

You don't have to rebuild the lot from scratch. It's not the only way. There's a way to remove the sim references from the lot. The game will behave it just like the other never ever occupied lots.
It's not that difficult. You have to open the lot.package in SimPE and remove these following things:
(If there are any of them)

-Sim Information
-Sim Relations (SREL)
- SimDNA
- Sim Wants and Fears (SWAF)
- SimScores
- FamilyTree

(basically everything with 'Sim') With just the base game, I don't think that there are any SimScores in lot packages...

My personal radio station link in first post (commercial free and all music) listen with Firefox enjoy, this is a gift
me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheAngelClassicRocKMix
Field Researcher
DELETED POST
Original Poster
18th Sep 2021 at 1:52 PM
This message has been deleted by Aspersim. Reason: double post
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 2:08 PM Last edited by Aspersim : 18th Sep 2021 at 2:37 PM.
THESE ARE SOME ESSENTIAL MOD (links) TO PUT INTO YOUR GAME I FOR GOT TO MENTION

(I put direct download link for easier reference to these mods)

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/hacks/

search for (and back them up to a flash or extremal hard drive if not already)

noununlinkondelete.zip

and

nocorruptdeath.zip

also helps to remember to always back up your/ MyDocuments/EA-Games/The SIms 2 folder for backup or just your MyDocuments/EA-Games/The Sims 2/Downloads folder

Also after right after you download or build a New Neighborhood then/or check a neighborhood with the HoodChecker (link in thread above) then backup your Neighborhood onto a flash, that way you can have a copy of a fresh neighborhood every time the one you are working on no longer works or becomes corrupted

1: Insert USB Flash or Exturnal Harddrive
2: go to MyDocuments\EA-Games\The Sims 2
3: right click
4: copy
5: then goto
6: My computer
7: (E) (example)
8: Right Click
10: Click Paste

if you don't see for example the harddrive E: for example them try unplugging and plugging your USB backup into your USB slot again and again until windows gives you a notification
If that don't work, then try a different USB slot on either the front or the back of your PC or Laptop, hopes this helps some

(I personally recommend) checking all neighborhoods with this program before putting all neighborhoods into the backup drive
(HOOD-CHECKER)
https://modthesims.info/d/456523/ho...ry-11-2013.html

My personal radio station link in first post (commercial free and all music) listen with Firefox enjoy, this is a gift
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 2:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
If that's how you want to play apartments, but as Jo has said it's not needed. I play apartments a lot and frequently move Sims in and out, the batbox works fine or even just deleting them with move objects.

The rest of the paragraph I didn't really understand from the wording but other than a minor glitch moving sims in and out has no issues, even via the "move in" interaction. I don't see any reason why you should lose sims, other than if you've deleted the wrong ones. If you accidentally delete the sims from your household just reload the lot and they should reappear, or quit without saving if they aged up or moved in to an existing household that day.

I found this helpful by the way

Scholar
#45 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 2:57 PM
Quote:
If you are running it in compatibility mode then you won't be using the 4 gb patch. Depends if you need it I guess. I would rather have it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...QD9asFsx5U/edit
Is the best guide. "Compatibility mode invalidates the 4GB Patch and limits the game to 2GB. "

emmm... from where this came?

Setting up Affinity (reducing the cores, including the vitual ones), particularly limiting theirs accessibility for the program *will* help (at the cost of negligent at this point performance loss because if you need to do this you've got performance problems anyway) if you have got an old CPU, especially in 1-1 configuration (simple 2-core without virtualisation), though it may still works in 1-2 configuration (2 real cores, 2 virtual ones). It's still viable strategy on old machines because the system gets it's own core untouched (it does not need to share the resources with running executable). On some machines in particular configurations (especially with slow HDD) it helped avoiding the lag produced by synchronisation problems. On the newer systems it's just pointless anyway (and will produce slight performance hit because the system will have reduced options to virtualise tasks generated by executable). In general (since Windows 7 patched) it's best to avoid messing around with this parameter until you really need to - e.g. you want' to run full installment of Sims 3 from mechanical HDD *and* having old CPU.

Fox-Lambert (A)RL
hiatus 'till the life run again in the normal-abnormal way
favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 3:56 PM Last edited by Aspersim : 18th Sep 2021 at 4:10 PM.
yea I could not run the 4GB patch and I noticed after I turned off my compatibility mode, I now have 2048MB or RAM?

Or did the patch work I do not know, it says I have 4040mB texture memory

https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641
Quote:
My experience is: well at first before the patch my memory was at 1086, now I somehow got it to go to

2048MB of RAM, well the patch apparently did something but not sure what

Log generated on 9/17/2021, 05:49

=== Application info ===
Name: The Sims 2 EP9
Version: 1.17.0.66
Build: ReleaseSRT
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows NT 6.0
CPU: 4470.199707Mhz, Name:GenuineIntel, FPU:1, MMX:1
Memory: 2048MB
Free memory: 2048MB
=== Sound device info ===
Name: Unknown
Driver: Unknown
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce 210
Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce 210 <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 0a65, Board: 12123842, Chipset: 00a2
Driver: nvd3dum.dll, Version: 9.18.13.4174, GUID: D7B71E3E-4925-11CF-BC4B-1F321FC2C435
Driver version: 4174
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Monitor aspect: 1.794871, 16:9
Screen mode: 1920x1080x32BPP,59Hz
Texture memory: 4040MB
HW T&L: Fixed function:1 Programmable:3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Texture stages: 8
AppControlledAA: 1

I'm running a PC with 8GB's and a WIndows 10 OS

Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3250 @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I tried everything I know about computers and I Still cannot get the 4GB patch to work correctly, read everything in the forum tried every method, and I managed to get everything in the video to work without any issues with my OS or my game and but I can't get the patch to read 4GB in the memory and the free momory.

but the game is running faster at least

Scholar
#47 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 5:10 PM
ehm, why do you torture this poor thing with the Xbox10System anyway ?

you've got Haswell generation CPU from the G line* (2 cores, 2 threads, no virtualisation - in practice that means the machine is running "1.5" core as the 0 is prioritized for the system itself). In general, I'd suggest to upgrade this thing up to something more useful** to give the machine breathing room. These old CPUs are cheap and swapping the one if the RAM timmings are ok is a task for 20min work of mere technician. Including cleaning insides of the machine. Any "computer workshop" should do this without the problem.

4GB shenanigans under the spoilers

Setting compatibility mode may (doubtfull, you are running W10) give you a bit better performance experience in some cases (like heavy snow in 2-3 speed) if you have got HDD, if you are running SDD it's pointless. Let the system manage the stuff until it prove itself incapable.

* https://wcm-qa.intel.com/content/ww...e-3-20-ghz.html
**CPUs compatible with the socked: https://www.cpu-list.com/lga1150-cpu-list/ possible upgrades: https://www.cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/In...Core/G3250.html ; e.g. this one: Core i5-4430S looks promising, 4 full threaded cores, lower TDP, it's the matter if the RAM timmings are not off too much.
***sry for the quality it's from VM
Screenshots

Fox-Lambert (A)RL
favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
Mad Poster
#48 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 5:45 PM
^ But don't use both 4GB and compatibility mode together (the game will probably run, but they don't work alongside and/or aren't mutually beneficial, and the 4GB won't work properly if both are activated).

For the patch, if the issue is that the edits to the EXE file don't get saved properly in the ProgramFiles location (Win10 schenanigans), copy the file to the desktop and apply the patch there, then move/replace it to the original folder.
Scholar
#49 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 6:44 PM Last edited by ElaineNualla : 18th Sep 2021 at 8:58 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
^ But don't use both 4GB and compatibility mode together (the game will probably run, but they don't work alongside and/or aren't mutually beneficial, and the 4GB won't work properly if both are activated). .

I've already asked from where this tale came; these are completely separate things (one informs the runtime that the executable is able to handle full 32-bit address space, the other informs the application layer of the executable inability to handle some newer features).
I could not find any MS document about the issue. It has the same vibe as "iGPU cannot handle the game".

Besides, "4GB patch" does not make the game actually use that amount of memory, RAM would be given as needed by the executable. What it actually does in practical sense it limiting the aggresive Windows swapping policies to some extend - which means that the system won't produce additional transmission lag. You cannot avoid this "feature" without meddling with the system settings (and you cannot disable this completely, that's how the system was designed) and in the case of W10 this will be reverted to the defaults after each update anyway because daddy knows better.

Fox-Lambert (A)RL
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 7:11 PM
I did all of that with no luck only 2048MB that is all I can get it to run at

Page 2 of 3