Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2022 at 11:31 AM Last edited by Tashiketh : 29th Mar 2022 at 9:42 PM.
Default Notice of upcoming downtime Wednesday 30th March - NOT HAPPENING, DONE ALREADY!
Hi All,

MTS will be offline on Wednesday 30th March, to move to a new server. The downloads being unavailable a week ago where a result of a failing disk, and as such, I need to move to new hardware. All of the essential configuration has been done on the new server already, as well as a backup taken last week, however, I will need to bring the site offline to copy any remaining files, images, and a database dump, as well as change IP addresses and configure everything to point to the new server.

I do not have an estimated downtime on this since it depends on network speeds, amount of files etc. The site will be replaced with a maintenance message while this work is being carried out.

Turns out the file storage disk died today (again) anyway, so I went ahead and moved the schedule forward (which you probably all saw anyway :P)

Everything is on the new server now. I think I have everything configured correctly but please let me know if there are any issues in #site-feedback on Discord ( https://discord.com/invite/a3JmnTeN )

Regards,
T.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
10 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Mar 2022 at 2:14 PM
Oooh, shiny new server! I hope it all goes well, I suppose I'll have to actually do some work on Wednesday then, instead of downloading stuff for my sims!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 3:21 AM
Thanks for the heads up

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Link Ninja
#4 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 6:03 AM
Great to know, thank you!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 12:05 PM
I was wondering why I could not download a lot. Should have read the news first.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 12:58 PM
Just as I thought. Was wondering why I can't download stuff and gets Error code 500 eventhough I already tried a hard refresh and cleared cache.
Instructor
#7 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 9:46 PM
That was fast. I was thinking it'd be down all day!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 10:33 PM
Fantastic work @Tashiketh - the site was barely down at all! Nice one.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Mar 2022 at 7:45 AM
@Tashiketh -Thanks for fixing the site and I've tested to see if the files are downloading and have gotten a few things.A ew of my downloads are for making new towns or for adding neighborhoods to my towns as they grow and become crowded.