Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2022 at 11:35 AM
Default Converting Issues?
Trying to convert a Sims 4 basegame object but not having much luck. Keoni's tutorial isn't working for me and it's difficult when you can't register to make an account in SimPE anymore and get a GUID. Found that GUID thread and I tried but pretty confusing for me. I was trying to convert that bust with the hat from the basegame by cloning the bust from the Sims 2. Don't suppose anyone can give me some tips?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Nov 2022 at 5:40 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 5th Nov 2022 at 6:14 PM.
The database (the original one) no longer exists. You have to make a random GUID. There are several ways to do so. Info on GUIDs here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=638392

- Items with more than one tile usually need more than one GUID (if it has multiple OBJDs).

You only add a new GUID number to the first box, directly above "update MMATs". Don't do anything to the other boxes. Tick "Update MMATs" if it's the only OBJD. If there are more OBJDs, you have to figure out which is the main OBJD, and only do "Update MMATs" for that one. The other ones you just put in a new number for (personally I make a GUID for the main OBJD and increase the last digit by one for the remaining OBJDs/GUIDs, so they could end in for instance A, B, C, D or 3, 4, 5, 6 - keeps them neat, and I always know the lowest is the main OBJD/GUID).

----

If there are any particular steps you have troubles with (other than the GUID), can you please specify?

It's not too easy helping if you're having troubles with the whole tutorial. Then I can only tell you to start over and try again, but read each step more carefully. Sometimes you just have to start over, because it's likely you've missed more than one step, or missed a very important step that is needed to carry the entire project forward.

---

- Generally, try to clone an item with the properties you want your finished item to have. If you're unsure, open up your game and test out the properties of the different items. Put them on shelves (OFB shelves, tables, counters, etc.), on the floor, test them in different light settings, see if they have shadows you like, check the tile number - anything you can think of. Familiarizing yourself with the ingame objects and what they do is often a good thing (make sure you do so without using mods that alter object behavior, except for the CEP), because then you can a lot of avoid annoyances later.

- A lot of things are fixable (you can add AL-shift, change footprint, fix pricing, change the shadow, fix the thumbnail, change the material in the TXMT, and so much more), but as a beginner, keep it simple - you'll learn fast enough.

- Large 4-tile item? Clone one of those. Small, 1-tile item? Clone that.
If your huge sculpture jumps to all the tiny shelves, you've likely cloned the wrong sculpture. Likewise if you can't get the 4-tile tiny item to place on any shelves.

- Making a bed? Clone a bed. Making a chair? Clone a chair. Don't clone a deco item if you want to make a functional item, and don't clone a functional item if you want to make a purely deco item.

- Converting 3t2 or 4t2? The placement of the object is different, so make sure you don't direct replace the mesh until you've checked if the placement is correct. Anything animated/usable tend to have different placement, lights, wall hangings, and likely other things. Deco items generally tend to have the same placement, but if you don't get the result you want, check in a meshing program. Compare it to the TS2 item you've cloned.
Inventor
#3 Old 26th Nov 2022 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clairsy97
Trying to convert a Sims 4 basegame object but not having much luck. Keoni's tutorial isn't working for me and it's difficult when you can't register to make an account in SimPE anymore and get a GUID. Found that GUID thread and I tried but pretty confusing for me. I was trying to convert that bust with the hat from the basegame by cloning the bust from the Sims 2. Don't suppose anyone can give me some tips?

Hello clairsy97
I started converting TS3 and TS4 objects for Sims2 just over two years ago and like you, no access to GUIDS so use the Hash Generator and it is very easy.
I have started creating a Tutorial to convert objects and although the example for Level One is a Sims3 object, provided you have learned how to extract the mesh and textures from TSR Workshop (textures differ slightly), it is a step-by-step guide with instructions and pics. You are very welcome to this, if you want - please pm me.

Good luck!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 27th Nov 2022 at 6:38 PM
I don't know keoni's tutorial, but this by moune is pretty thorough.

For any tutorial about getting GUIDs through SimPE you will need to skip that section. Use a random number generator to generate 8 digit values, like shown here and place that in the box in simpe, then continue forward with your tutorial.