Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2022 at 1:19 PM
Default Mod to stop these annoying Toddler things?
Any mods that fix following horrible Toddler actions?

- Toddlers keep falling and crying and cancel interaktion when they have to walk somewhere... WHEN THE PATH IS WITHOUT THINGS THAT BLOCKS THEM! I get so angry when I have to keep telling the stupid toddler to go somewhere but they keep falling on their butt 3 times and it takes them 2 hours to go to the potty! (AND I SET THE TIME TO BE TWICE AS SLOW!)

- Adults can't pick up Toddlers directly when they are somehwere... like the toddler is in the crib but I can't put them from there directly to the high chair... I have to take them up and THEN I can click on the high chair and direct them to put the toddler in there... with 4 adults and 6 toddlers this is a nightmare... this was possible in Sims 2!

- Adults pick up wrong toddler when I want them to bath them... Like I click on bath Mara and she picks up Timmy...? Might be cause I have a mod to use custom baths for toddlers instead the store object... but if its a general problem is there a fix?

- Toddlers can use stairs mod?

- A mod that lets them sleep through night?

- I forgot the last point... might add it later...

Are there any Mods that solve at least one of these problems? I... just can't... urgh
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 30th Nov 2022 at 2:01 PM
Toddlers can use stairs;
https://modthesims.info/d/655350/to...use-stairs.html

Perhaps this mod you might be looking for as well, though I have no idea if it will stop toddlers from crying out loud when they fall down on route;
https://modthesims.info/d/621760/si...p-toddlers.html

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Nov 2022 at 2:32 PM
I just noticed that I have the stairs mod... But it doesn't work for some reason? I do have go here and the go here version... I don't care for them crying... they have their own rooms but not being able to walk properly is a much bigger issue
Instructor
#4 Old 30th Nov 2022 at 5:07 PM Last edited by legacyoffailures : 30th Nov 2022 at 5:09 PM. Reason: wrong link
Quote: Originally posted by KiraNettt
I just noticed that I have the stairs mod... But it doesn't work for some reason? I do have go here and the go here version... I don't care for them crying... they have their own rooms but not being able to walk properly is a much bigger issue

well, if you look at the toddlers can use stairs mod comments, several players have had similar issues with Go Here version. one recommended Go Here v44 instead of testing version.

how about this mod?
https://modthesims.info/d/670796/to...walk-alone.html
your toddler will be able to learn to walk on their own, so perhaps they will walk properly, no?

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Nov 2022 at 6:29 PM
I will look... But the other mod is just for learning to walk.. it doesnt change the walking itself
Instructor
#6 Old 30th Nov 2022 at 7:44 PM
Perhaps it's in the tuning xml files. I would look into the gameplay data package but I have no idea where to start. I always build a nursery room rightly next to the bathroom, so toddlers can get easy access to the potty, or you could literally put all toddlers toys and essentials inside their bedroom.

Apologise if I couldn't help you more, someone else might have better idea than me.

Field Researcher
#8 Old 1st Dec 2022 at 5:40 AM
Your sims lot might be a routing nightmare for toddlers. I only play with toddlers where I know they can get around properly. I don't have any of the issues you listed in my game.

As for sleeping through the night, it's possible, but you need to approach it as if in real life. Feed the baby/toddler and change it before your adult sims want to go to bed, the store changing table really helps with this. Your custom bath mod may be an issue.

Check your existing mods in your game for conflicts. Take them all out and start again, one by one. Toddlers should be fun.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Dec 2022 at 12:43 PM
I rememeber that the mod worked for me but I'm sure I didnt had go here back then... but I can try taking it out... The just cancel the interaktion if they fall down and cry... sometimes they just stand up again (After waiting an half hour) and try to walk again or they cry and stop everything... There shouldnt be much routing issue... Well I have two houses on the lot... a lot where the toddlers sleep, eat and where the toiletts are and then one where they play... there is nothing outside between the two buildings... at least not near the doors... and the ground is 100% even... The energy bar is always full at midnight when I put them to sleep 9pm :/ then they stand up and I have to drag down the energy bar again... Sims 2 had that too but there was a mod that keeps them asleep even when their energy is full like older sims
Mad Poster
#10 Old 1st Dec 2022 at 10:01 PM
This is really more of a time management thing. From Igazor's Guide to Child Development,* we learn that toddlers should not be taught how to walk until the last possible moments before they age-up to children. A sim who efficiently crawls around on the ground to get places is not going to fall over and cry in the process.

*was once a respected textbook, but is now rare, banned, and out of print
Field Researcher
#11 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KiraNettt
I rememeber that the mod worked for me but I'm sure I didnt had go here back then... but I can try taking it out... The just cancel the interaktion if they fall down and cry... sometimes they just stand up again (After waiting an half hour) and try to walk again or they cry and stop everything... There shouldnt be much routing issue... Well I have two houses on the lot... a lot where the toddlers sleep, eat and where the toiletts are and then one where they play... there is nothing outside between the two buildings... at least not near the doors... and the ground is 100% even... The energy bar is always full at midnight when I put them to sleep 9pm :/ then they stand up and I have to drag down the energy bar again... Sims 2 had that too but there was a mod that keeps them asleep even when their energy is full like older sims

Well here is probably why they sit down and cry and cancel any action, you have two houses on one lot and you want them to go from one house to the other the play, and that's exhausting so they give up

I'll bet if you try having them live in one house, one level, everything they need there, then you will have no issues. Trying to stuff too many sims (especially toddlers) into a big lot with multiple buildings is just asking for problems.

Go easy on them and enjoy
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 5:37 AM
The toddlers stairs mod say it doesn't work on existing stairs, only new games with new stairs. Is that your issue, maybe?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 3:13 PM
Well I should try if crawling till the end would be better for my sanity... thank you for that hint!

Two houses just look pretier... I have an orphanage for the toddler age and I didn't want one flat building with everything in one building and one level... in Sims 2 I had two floors which was no probem cause they could walk properly and I had a mod to use stairs...

I just tried it on a lot that came with from the store... it was a new save file but I will try it on my lot again to see if that is the issue
Forum Resident
#15 Old 16th Dec 2022 at 3:57 AM Last edited by Deshong : 16th Dec 2022 at 4:22 AM.
Not sure if this works as I haven't tested it in-game, and besides toddlers' tantrums haven't so far bothered me when traversing.

NRass Retuner (City Hall/Computer) > Settings > General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.Actors

-Sim > kToddlerWalkFallChance > Set to 0

-Sim > kToddlerWalkFallCryChance > Set to 0

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition