Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 12:12 AM Last edited by LauraPamplonaS : 2nd Dec 2022 at 10:41 PM.
Have Howard and her parents gift her a few baby items, since they want babies I'm sure they're spending some time in the store at the baby section with high baby fever. Then, because she already has so much stuff enough to build a nursery, they might as well have a baby!

Howard: hehe how random, right? I wonder what we could do with this potty trainer. I mean... it's too small for us... right.... right...?

Edit: I just thought of something else. Since pleasure sims often want to play games, have her play a game with her husband. Howard will take the opportunity to make a bet. If he wins the game they have a baby, and if she loses the game, they'll have a baby. I don't see the wrong logic here,
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#28 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 3:07 AM
But @Aspersim, Pleasure Sims do like dates, so, if they're in a relationship, I find it quite easy to keep their aspiration level up. In my game, most dates between Sims who love each other turn into dream dates, so two or three such dream dates a week is enough to keep my Pleasure Sims in almost constant platinum, even if they don't fulfil any other wants.. (I think I have a mod for slower relationship decay.) I suppose some players might be bored by constant dream dates, but not me. Perhaps precisely because I've never enjoyed that sort of relationship myself, when I watch two Sims work up to a state of ecstatic joy in each other's company, some of their joy always rubs off on me, and I feel much better for sharing in it.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 3:42 AM
simsample, do you have any other sims in the neighborhood with the Mad Scientist LTW? Maybe a little bit of cloning could happen if the would-be Mad Scientist bumps into Betty on a community lot somewhere, then a bit of genetic material could be obtained for...nefarious purposes.

That way, you wouldn't lose out on the genetics fun completely. The clone could become a Family sim and for sure want babies.

I'm with Charity and Peni, babies/children are hard work, a sim who's not interested shouldn't be made to birth children, and spouses and would-be grandparents can get over it. But I get it about the interesting genetics so can see why it's a tough call for you.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 8:01 AM
Pleasure sims are easier to keep happy when they have kids (although they may not know it before) - because there just are kids around whom they can play with - anything from Marco Polo to a pillow fight It obviously helps if the pleasure sim is playful, and some of the kids are too.

The genetics will be the main decision maker for me. While she may not want a baby, if she does not fear having one.... she will have one, Or at least they will be trying for one After all, in my game, I take those decisions for them all the time.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 9:21 AM
From what I've seen, the main Have a Baby trigger is getting married (for all aspirations, although this trigger will cause Romance sims to fear Having a Baby instead), and then family sims have an additional Have a Baby trigger every time one of their kids ages up (which can actually also trigger a fear, if they have a large number of kids). Being pregnant also seems like it might be a Have a Baby trigger sometimes (with the same note for Romance sims). Outside of those scenarios, I've not seen Have a Baby roll much, in fact I think I've only seen it roll once when none of those three things could have triggered it, but I'm fairly sure that was a glitch. Have a Grandchild on the other hand, seems to be ever-present for elders of all aspirations who have married children.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
I think there is a simple solution, and that is to buy the husband an expensive telescope. I do this for all my male Sims who want a baby but their partner/wife can't/won't have one. Now since I don't have secondary aspirations or mod abductions, whether this will actually result in a baby is a bit of a roll of the dice, but it is nice that The Sims gives us this handy alternative.

Now that may not fulfill the grandchild wish, but once the baby is born, Betty can adopt it, and maybe that will fulfill the wish. I have the mod that the want to have a baby is fulfilled by adoption and vice versa, but I'm not sure if that extends to the want for grandbabies. Of course, it doesn't matter because once you fulfill that grandbaby want, they just want another one right away!

The spouse of an abducted sim can adopt an alien baby? How?
Scholar
#33 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
The spouse of an abducted sim can adopt an alien baby? How?

I use the adopt option on the Sim blender.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 1:23 PM
@Simsampl-I usually choose them though I will sometimes vary them when my town is bigger and will ransomize for townies made in CAS for populating apartment lots with neighbors.I can also find using one of several Mods useful in changing an aspiration manually simce pleasire sims will often grow out of it at some point and make that change part of their story.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
I use the adopt option on the Sim blender.

Thanks. I didn't know that was an option.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 6:31 PM
You can also just use Name the Father, and then the spouse gets want fulfillment for having a baby and the memory and all that, too.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 2:00 AM
SimBlender has a lot of options like that as I should know since I use it in my game.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 7:34 AM
Alien babies do also obtain some of their parent's genetics. The alien genetics are strong, but they don't always dominate. I don't think I have them any more but I once reloaded Pascal's birth cutscene several times and took screenshots of all the different-looking alien babies.

Another way to pass genetics on is for that sim to be rather fond of gardening, and not averse to a little chemical warfare on the bugs.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
Howard: hehe how random, right? I wonder what we could do with this potty trainer. I mean... it's too small for us... right.... right...?...Since pleasure sims often want to play games, have her play a game with her husband. Howard will take the opportunity to make a bet. If he wins the game they have a baby, and if she loses the game, they'll have a baby. I don't see the wrong logic here,

These are great ideas, but the dilemma is not finding a story to explain a baby, but rather a way to have Betty decide for herself that she does want a baby!

Quote: Originally posted by Aspersim
I find most Pleasure only Sims hard to raise their asperation meter they seem to only want to do little things only with 250-500 asperation points at a time and roll wants I usually do not want to fulfill like constantly wanting throw successful parties, buying a bowling alley when I cannot fit it anywhere in their current house

Yes, she does roll a lot of those wants. But she fulfills wants readily on her own, and has been a happy sim in my game! She always appears at other sims' houses and uses their fun items, too. It helps that she's active and playful!

Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
But @Aspersim, Pleasure Sims do like dates, so, if they're in a relationship, I find it quite easy to keep their aspiration level up.

Betty does like dates, and she and Howard have had a few recently in my attempts to have her roll some baby wants!

Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast
simsample, do you have any other sims in the neighborhood with the Mad Scientist LTW? Maybe a little bit of cloning could happen if the would-be Mad Scientist bumps into Betty on a community lot somewhere, then a bit of genetic material could be obtained for...nefarious purposes.

I'm with Charity and Peni, babies/children are hard work, a sim who's not interested shouldn't be made to birth children, and spouses and would-be grandparents can get over it.

The Mad Scientist idea is hilarious, one of my teens has that LTW! But I agree, I tend toward playing her true to her wants, and if she doesn't want it, she won't have it. Betty and Howard are a happy couple and never argue, so I can't see that they would want to split up. Maybe when Howard gets older he will have a want to adopt, at which point I could think about it again.

Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
The genetics will be the main decision maker for me. While she may not want a baby, if she does not fear having one.... she will have one, Or at least they will be trying for one After all, in my game, I take those decisions for them all the time.

In my last neighbourhood, that's what I would have done! But it turned out a huuuuuge, glorious mess. I was happy with that for a long time- and I still have it on ice to play in the future- but for this neighbourhood I wanted to do things differently. The idea was, what would a neighbourhood designed like sim be like? So this one had no community lots until sims had wishes for stuff like 'go for a swim' and 'get a massage'. I built the basic houses, but they didn't have extra rooms built on until they wanted larger items or children. They don't get a nicer sofa unless they ask for it! The only liberties I've taken have been making over the house of a wealthy family for Aspersims' challenge, and moving out three sims into their own place when another family member wanted a child (I'm playing standard household sizes) to make room. So I want to stick to having the sims make the important decisions for now.

Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
From what I've seen, the main Have a Baby trigger is getting married (for all aspirations, although this trigger will cause Romance sims to fear Having a Baby instead)

Thanks kestrellyn, this is what I thought, but she didn't have the wish at all after getting married. They didn't have a honeymoon or party though, so perhaps I should have done that.

Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I can also find using one of several Mods useful in changing an aspiration manually simce pleasire sims will often grow out of it at some point and make that change part of their story.

That's a cool angle to look at it- maybe if she becomes unhappy when she's older I'll try having her use the renu-thingy. If I had the orb on the lot and a bottle of potion (one of the sims has one as she was a townie), perhaps she'd ask for it? I'll keep this in mind for when she gets a bit older, but for now she's enjoying her pleasure-filled life!

Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Another way to pass genetics on is for that sim to be rather fond of gardening, and not averse to a little chemical warfare on the bugs.

That's a really interesting possibility- I never thought of this! If she has a wish to buy flowers and plants then maybe I'll get her a plot of soil!

Thank you all for these great ideas- you are all giving me a lot of fun with this game!
Mad Poster
#40 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 10:37 PM
I usually make final decisions on what my sims do and that often means that aspirations might be changed as if the sim eventually grow out of it after spending too long not getting anywhere in life with their Pleasure aspiration which usually causes them to not be in a rush to get married or to be changing jobs too often to get promotions.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 4th Dec 2022 at 11:00 AM
Hey, marriage and promotions aren't all there is to life!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 19th Jan 2023 at 11:29 AM
So several sim-weeks later, still no baby wants! Betty's father is now a zombie and still wants a grandkid, so does Howard- but Betty's still having fun. Her best friend has just had a baby though (one of the only couples I could get to both want a baby in the hood), two of her other friends are in the same boat. I get the feeling my hood is going to be largely childless, and that I'll be forever making new sims in CAS! But, they are all very happy sims, even though I am leaving them largely to their own devices!
Page 2 of 2