Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pregnancy Mega Mod v7

by scumbumbo Posted 31st Jan 2015 at 1:51 AM - Updated 15th Nov 2018 at 10:57 AM by scumbumbo : Updated for Nov 13, 2018 game patch

1012 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 682 Feedback Posts, 329 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 41
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 5:21 AM
Thanks for that message, I find it hard to follow instructions and I'm not at all good with computer stuff, anyway I think I get it know so Thank!!! ^_^
btw the mod sounds awesome!! nice idea!! ^_^
Test Subject
#52 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 5:28 AM
Yeah it works!!! thank!! I didn't catch that you had to be pregnant for it to work!!! great mod!!! Cheers!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 4:59 PM
This was an excellent idea and I love using the mod. Thanks for the work that went into putting it together.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 6:08 PM
I've been waiting for so long!!! I'm doing the baby challenge and want to speed it up a little:)
Test Subject
#55 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 7:15 PM
Anyone else having issues with the pregnancy selector (One, Twins, or Triplets)? It keeps saying that the lot size will not allow that many babies, even though the family size is only two so far. Everything else works great!
Test Subject
#56 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 7:16 PM
First, thanks so much for the combined effort to make a streamlined package like this. A lot of us will be looking forward to any and updates and features!

Second, perhaps a suggestion for one of those features? The user of the "Babies for Everyone" mod has gone awol, leaving the mod nearly unusable without resorting to some hacky shenanigans with the Resource.cfg file. Said shenanigans render using folders for mod organization impossible, which I and many others need to make things work. Since this is rightfully a mega mod, it doesn't seem too far off to ask for the same features in your mod, maybe? I totally get if I'm out of line though! It would just be dream to have that working again.
Deceased
Original Poster
#57 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robinmarie82
Anyone else having issues with the pregnancy selector (One, Twins, or Triplets)? It keeps saying that the lot size will not allow that many babies, even though the family size is only two so far. Everything else works great!

If you have a mod such as pekesims "Choose Number of Babies" that forces a specic number of babies then that could cause the selector to fail. One that expands the number of babies available, for example the "Quadruplets / Quintuplets" mod, but still allows it to be random rather than forced should be compatible.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 3:02 AM
Thank you so much! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 9:39 AM
I've got this mod installed and it appears to be working great for the most part.

The only issue I encountered was an oddity with non-active sims having babies. I could select those sims and play them and the mod seemed to work fine to scan and select the number and gender of babies. Later, before they gave birth, I would switch back to my primary household and set the pregnant households to unplayed. Thos pregnant households would then have their babies but not according to what was selected for them when I had them played. For example, I set Nancy Landgraab to have a single girl baby, and she had twins, a boy and a girl. Eliza Pancakes, according to the scan I ran when playing her, was set to have twin girls. While playing my primary household I received a phone call that said she had triplet girls.

Do you know if this could be because I set them as unplayed, and therefore a different script routine would kick in to determine how many, and what gender, of babies were born? Or was it maybe that it only fully controls the currently played household when the Sim gives birth? Or maybe something else, I guess.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 3:50 PM
I don't always leave comments on a mod...but when I do, the mod is absolutely amazing. I can tell much effort went into this mod. Thanks!
Deceased
Original Poster
#61 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bebop Cola
Do you know if this could be because I set them as unplayed, and therefore a different script routine would kick in to determine how many, and what gender, of babies were born? Or was it maybe that it only fully controls the currently played household when the Sim gives birth? Or maybe something else, I guess.

Interesting, and what you're suggesting is a complete possibility. I've never seen any other code for completing the pregnancy and I don't know why they'd use one. I'll have to do some testing, logging and digging through the code so it might take quite some time to find a definite answer.
Test Subject
#62 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
If you have a mod such as pekesims "Choose Number of Babies" that forces a specic number of babies then that could cause the selector to fail. One that expands the number of babies available, for example the "Quadruplets / Quintuplets" mod, but still allows it to be random rather than forced should be compatible.

You, my dear Watson, are correct! I deleted that mod and it works perfectly
Test Subject
#63 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 8:24 PM Last edited by okarin : 3rd Feb 2015 at 8:47 PM.
I made everything (manually) like it is said in instruction, but it's not working for me... Any ideas?

Okay, I tried with that mod installer and the effects are the same... -_-
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 11:47 PM
Default Thank you!
This mod is awesome. Also, I installed it (manually) just as you suggested and it works beautifully! Not that I'm downing any folks who had trouble. I sometimes have trouble with mods, too. I just thought you might like a post saying "This is great! Everything worked perfectly!" for a change.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 3:27 PM
This is great! But is there a way you can select who the father is? Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 3:28 PM
thank you
Test Subject
#67 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 4:06 PM
I understand a lot of people are having problems installing this, it is one of only a handful of mods that contain both a package and a script.

PLEASE just use the mod installer mentioned in the mod description page and make sure your scripts are enabled in your game options and it should work fine. If you have a pregnant sim named Suzy, select to control Suzy and click on her in the game and you should see the menu. If Suzy is not pregnant you won't see the menu. If you click on anyone other than Suzy you won't see the menu.

Maybe I'm just terrible at giving directions, but I really don't know how I can make it clearer.

If someone could make a YouTube video demonstrating how to install this mod (I wouldn't have any clue how to make a video like that) I will direct individuals to that and credit you on the mod page. I think this will become a popular way to make mods in the future as it minimizes the chance of mods conflicting with each other, so you will be doing everyone a tremendous favor (and get a lot of YouTube hits to boot!)

I'm not sure what to do once I put the Mod Manager in my mods folder.
Test Subject
#68 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mollipopster
This mod is awesome. Also, I installed it (manually) just as you suggested and it works beautifully! Not that I'm downing any folks who had trouble. I sometimes have trouble with mods, too. I just thought you might like a post saying "This is great! Everything worked perfectly!" for a change.

Please tell me step by step how to install the mod manually! I'm desperate
Field Researcher
#69 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 6:52 PM
does this work with the 'Babies for Everyone' mod? how about inTeen?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 9:49 PM
thanks
Deceased
Original Poster
#71 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peggyleila2
I'm not sure what to do once I put the Mod Manager in my mods folder.

The Mod Manager is a separate program that you need to install, it doesn't go in the mods folder. Once installed it should put an icon on your desktop and in your start menu. Support questions for the mod manager should go on it's download page.
Deceased
Original Poster
#72 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IceSilverCrystal
does this work with the 'Babies for Everyone' mod? how about inTeen?

The only known incompatible mod is pekesims "Choose Number of Babies" because that forces the number of babies rather than letting the game control it.
Deceased
Original Poster
#73 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 6:53 AM
This mod has been checked with the latest game patch (Feb 3, 2015) and no changes should be required.
Test Subject
#74 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 11:54 AM
The Mod Manager is a separate program that you need to install, it doesn't go in the mods folder. Once installed it should put an icon on your desktop and in your start menu. Support questions for the mod manager should go on it's download page.

Ok, I downloaded it. Should I manage mods or something? I don't know how it works. Thanks
Test Subject
#75 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 3:25 PM Last edited by Shingara : 5th Feb 2015 at 4:03 PM.
I feel so dumb and i now know why ppl are tripping up, its a zip within a zip, so you have to take both the files out of the zip, the pack and the zip inside the zip. /facetodesk

Edit, ow and ppl who havnt figured out how todo a same sex marriage pregy, try this, save your family to the community. Then in cas change the sex on that adult, get pregnant and when pregnant in case send them back to the sex they were, tada and your welcome.
Page 3 of 41