Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 4 Multiplayer Mod

by sims4multiplayer Posted 29th Jun 2019 at 6:31 PM - Updated 13th Apr 2024 at 4:31 PM by sims4multiplayer

221 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 156 Feedback Posts, 64 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 9
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by falcophoenix
Holy crap, I had JUST looked up the status of this mod on a reddit that said it was still being worked on after the last EP broke it. Or something. This is amazing, I have friends that just got into Sims so we can have even more fun now. Thank you for all the hard work and good luck with future development!
This is not the same mod, the mod that broke was by Pancake. Our's is still under construction you can find more information on our Discord server. Please don't confuse this mod with our's! Thanks https://discord.gg/DCFa8jA
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#27 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 1:06 AM
amazing i do not have ppl to play and try this even it seems amazing
Test Subject
#28 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 7:18 AM
quck question i have someone i can play this with but she doesn't have all the packs so my question is. Will the mod work if one has all packs and expansions etc and the other doesn't but has a few? Does anyone know?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by feldfamily4
quck question i have someone i can play this with but she doesn't have all the packs so my question is. Will the mod work if one has all packs and expansions etc and the other doesn't but has a few? Does anyone know?

Check the readme PDF included, there is a method described how to turn of expansion packs in order to sync up!
Test Subject
#30 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 7:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims4multiplayer
Check the readme PDF included, there is a method described how to turn of expansion packs in order to sync up!

one more question
will I be able to bring her into a world I designed?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 7:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by feldfamily4
one more question
will I be able to bring her into a world I designed?

Exactly! Just sync your save file beforehand! Please refer to the readme PDF included for the exact steps
Test Subject
#32 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 7:26 AM
Exactly! Just sync your save file beforehand! Please refer to the readme PDF included for the exact steps

ok thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 5:26 PM
Great mod! excited to test it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 7:21 PM Last edited by Shellashinnz : 12th Jul 2019 at 6:24 PM.
I've been playing this for the past few days and these are my assessments:
Custom content works perfectly, BUY mode works perfectly, Build mode does not at this time. (no crashes, but the client won't see your build mode edits) If you have any issues making it work, make sure you have the correct version of the game. It does NOT work with the latest version as of yet. (I had to downgrade to Strangerville) I also tried 3 players and it worked for just a minute before becoming too buggy lol. To the creator of the mod, you've made a dream come true for me and my sibling so thank you very, very much! Your continued hard work is tremendously appreciated :D

Edit: 3 players DOES work! There are :) only a few bugs, but nothing that ruins the gameplay. I've been playing with my two brothers for the past few days just fine! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 5:27 PM
Hey, I have a question. it says that you need strangerville. my friend does not have this pack, so the mod will not work properly? Btw great work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Caetzrin
Hey, I have a question. it says that you need strangerville. my friend does not have this pack, so the mod will not work properly? Btw great work!

If your friend has the latest patches for the game, not having the actual expansion pack should not be an issue!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#37 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 1:25 AM
This seems awesome! Wondering when (or if) 3 players can play at the same time successfully? As well as the buy and build modes?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by deblake60
This seems awesome! Wondering when (or if) 3 players can play at the same time successfully? As well as the buy and build modes?

Some players reported 3 player mode and buy/build to be working to some extent, but please note that the mod is not ready for this at the moment, you may run into problems trying.
Right now the focus of develeopment is making possible to play online. For further improvements follow the latest news on our site: https://www.sims-multiplayer.com/
Here you can also find the link to our discord channel, come and join the community to stay up-to-date!
Test Subject
#39 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 1:09 AM
Does that mod works on MAC ? =D
Test Subject
#40 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FriedBanana
Does that mod works on MAC ? =D

And if it doesn't, will you make it works on MAC ?
Test Subject
#41 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 9:31 AM
Hello. I have a problem. The server.exe file shuts down as soon as I run it. Help me please.
Test Subject
#42 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 3:50 PM
Can't we play this without Strangerville?
Test Subject
#43 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 8:56 PM
Can I go to other lots?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by turkthebot
Can't we play this without Strangerville?

You can play with this mod if you update your game to the Strangerville patch (or later) , you don't need the dlc itself.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FriedBanana
And if it doesn't, will you make it works on MAC ?

The mod works with mac, but the player who runs the server.exe must be on windows.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jack11l
Can I go to other lots?

You can't travel together with the other player, but it's planned in the future development of the mod.
In the meantime you can use this workaround if you want to change lots from time to time: disconnect with one of the players, travel somewhere with the other one, sync the save (the method is detailed in the pdf) and connect again. You should provide every needs of your sims on the visited lot if you don't want to repeat this too often
Test Subject
#47 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 1:56 AM
The mod works with mac, but the player who runs the server.exe must be on windows.

Ohhh too bad, my whole family only use MACs
Well then maybe a friend could give me his Windows...
Test Subject
#48 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 10:07 PM Last edited by turkthebot : 16th Jul 2019 at 7:51 AM.
Although it is an exe file it doesnt work at 32 bit system, it gives error that it is not compatible.
Test Subject
#49 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 1:45 PM
Does this mod work when using the same origin account on different computers? Or do you need to have two seperate ones?
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ialeighj
Does this mod work when using the same origin account on different computers? Or do you need to have two seperate ones?

Yes, it works with the same account if either of the two players starts the game in offline mode.
Page 2 of 9