Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 9:00 PM
Default Unusual or Uncommon Deaths
Hi ya'll!

Lately my sims have been painfully unlucky with their own mortality. In my previous household, thanks to sims' stupidity and Kestrellyn's Kill Visiting Playables Mod, two sims drowned in the family pool while everyone was asleep. One had no chance of ressurection, being a nobody to this family, and the other was successfully brought back by his girlfriend, thanks to a genie lamp. I've had this happen previously with townies (they always seem to get in the pool, and swim until they drown, even with a ladder), but it was still surprising and traumatic, because I consider accidental drownings to be a rare occurrence in the Sims 2. In addition I've had one fire death, one satellite death, and one electrocution death.

All this to say, it's gotten me thinking: what are the rarest death occurrences in your hoods? What was the story, and who was the unfortunate sim? By rare, I mean a death type that has happened once or twice at least, but not common enough to fill a cemetery. Honorable mentions go to deaths you want to see more of. How do your sims meet their end most often?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 10:27 PM
I've only had three deaths that weren't old age - electrocuted by a computer, from a train set catching fire, and by satellite. I guess the satellite is the most rare of these from an overall perspective. But what was unusal about the two latter deaths is how much they had in common - both victims were sims who were fairly new adults, lived alone and were employed in the Intelligence career track. Both deaths were also connected to their interests - one liked to play with her train set, the other was very interested in space and had willingly gotten herself abducted by aliens the day prior to her death. Because of this I played it as there being rumours of a conspiracy against people in this career.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 10:34 PM
I've had a sim die of freezing to death, which is supposedly impossible. I think it only happens if the sim is sufficiently cold and hunger also drops to 0/-100. I don't remember off the top of my head if the ghost color was different or just a hunger-colored ghost, but the animation was definitely different, so I think that counts as a distinct death type.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 11:07 PM
Death by piano falling from the sky.
(Downloaded a replacement for the satellite mod, and... well, had to test it, didn't I? )
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 11:36 PM
I recently had a death by lightning, at Londoste, during a date. Victoria Morgan was out with her caddish husband, checking out the dart game. Previously she had been accosted by a previous lover (Juan Reamon), who she had been avoiding, and who had badly wanted to marry her, years ago.

The urn stood there in the restaurant. I built a little shrine, and hoped her ghost would appear, as I have never had a haunted restaurant. But no dice.

Eventually her eldest son sent the gravestone home. It sat there for a few hours, then Juan Reamon came by and smashed it. Bitter, bitter, man.

He remains a social pariah.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 11:46 PM
The Weirdest Death I had seen was a former townie-became-playable. He came home from work at 6 PM, and instead of Eldering Up (it was time), he promptly died on the sidewalk. I have not seen this singular event repeated. It was probably a bug. YET, I am thinking, Victoria Morgan in the above post, was also on her last day of adulthood.

Probably coincidence, But maybe the transition from adult to elder has a tiny statistical window of temporary vulnerability.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Death by piano falling from the sky.
(Downloaded a replacement for the satellite mod, and... well, had to test it, didn't I? )
Mind sharing where you found that one? I always enjoy a good bit of slapstick-y shenanigans.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 12:22 AM
Death is rare in my game. Very rare!! So rare in fact that it's never happened yet. All the Sims I've ever played are still alive, and I think and hope most of them are happy. There are reasons for this -- I normally play with Aging off, so nobody dies of old age. And I have deaths by fire and satellite modded out, the former because my Sims were having far more fires than you would get in real life, and the latter because no person on earth has yet been killed by a falling satellite. But it's mainly that my playstyle is slow and deliberate, with considerable use of the Pause button; the safety of my Sims is always a prime concern in my game.

Unfortunately my ability to keep Death at bay does not extend to real life: a week ago I was told that my mother has terminal liver cancer. Today I was told that she is likely to die within a month. In the circumstances (I am her principal carer) I fear that I won't be able to play The Sims nearly as often as I would like in the next few weeks, and I'm afraid I probably around so much on the MTS forums either. When I do get to play, my game is likely to be even more escapist than usual. The very last thing I want is for my Sims to die too.

So, even if I'm not around the forums as much as usual, please keep me (and my Sims) in your thoughts.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 12:31 AM
Oh no @AndrewGloria I am so sorry to hear this! Please give your mum a hug from me, and get her to give you a hug from me too!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 1:29 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 15th Jun 2022 at 1:50 AM.
I'm sorry to hear that, AndrewGloria. Hugs from me as well.

Quote: Originally posted by G-Mon
Mind sharing where you found that one? I always enjoy a good bit of slapstick-y shenanigans.

This one: https://psychosim.livejournal.com/18774.html (Had to look it up, been a loooong while since I used that mod, although it takes a while to forget).

Deaths are actually quite rare in my game, too. I don't think I've had any apart from a few very accidental ones (and possibly for the sake of the animations and/or testing something, but without saving) in several years. I did have an experimental phase during my first few years of playing where my sims weren't too safe, but after I'd exhausted pretty much all the options and figured I'd much rather do storytelling/pictures instead, my sims usually live on ingame (even if they're not always safe on paper). If sims die, either by accident or whatever, I don't save the game, so I don't think I have a single gravestone that belongs to one of my own sims in my old game.

For a while now, most of the accidental ones have been in TS4 (those sims set fire to themselves the minute they touch a stove or microwave for the first time, so thankfully it takes them 2-3 days to die from hunger... I had one of my sims' coworkers set fire to themselves while microwaving something in the kitchen corner on the lab lot, die, somehow get trapped in the corner so Grim couldn't get to them - even if there was a space in front of the sim - and Grim just stood there watching them for an age and a half while the kitchen burned down, and nobody could put out the fire - I mean, that's a stupid death right there )
Mad Poster
#11 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 2:18 AM
I am so sorry to hear that, AndrewGloria. Please take care of yourself. We'll still be here when you're up to coming in to chat.

The strangest death I've had was when Nina Caliente died from exhaustion by fighting. She just did not want to give up the fight then died of exhaustion and starvation. I really thought a pixel couldn't die in a fight, but that was the exception! Never happened again, either,

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#12 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 4:46 AM
@andrewGloria -I've had loved ones one recently and it's awful when it happens.I dosen't matter if they're pets or other family members as I still remember when one of my four legged friends passed away fromheart failure and he was a loving dad to two of them and lover to the olther one.I still miss Freddy-Pig at times even though he also had on occasions trashed out kitchen floor looking for food in the garbage.
I've had sims dying of food poisoning from eating things like burned buygers,porkchops and hotdogs a few times and one got killed from lightening stike just after installing Seasons before I learned about not having the pool or hottub exposed to the sky.The strangest was a sim starving to death while pregnant because she was being told to eat and kept wanting to fall aslep starving.Most of that was on my older computer playing the disk version more than ten years ago.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 4:50 AM Last edited by wickedjr89 : 15th Jun 2022 at 7:05 AM.
Deaths are rare in my game to, though they do happen. Usually old age. I have a no fire mod because I was in a house fire years ago and PTSD so no fire deaths. Any other death is possible though just rarely happens.

Hugs @AndrewGloria

My Simblr
He/They
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 6:40 AM
So sorry to hear about your mum @AndrewGloria Take care of yourself.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#16 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 8:30 AM
Thinking of you, @AndrewGloria.

Lightning has killed some sims in my game, mostly when they were stargazing (when, of course, they should not have been, because stargazing during a storm is illegal in my game, but I cannot stop them all
Instructor
#17 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 10:04 AM
AndrewGloria, so sorry to hear about your mother, will be thinking of you!

I've had one death by satellite, that was the most random and unexpected death in my game so far. I didn't even notice it when it happened, I was busy with the unfortunate sims husband indoors, and was really shocked to see Grim show up.
I've also had a butler not long ago who died in a fire after the fire had actually been put out. The fireman was still on the lot when he burst into flames but couldn't save him because he was blocking the top of the spiral staircase. I think what must have happened was that his butler coding took priority over the "caught on fre" animations, so he had actually caught on fire getting a toddler bottle out of the fridge while the fireman was still busy putting the fire out, but it didn't show until he was intrrupted in feeding the toddler by her being busy at the xylophone. It looked like spontaneous combustion, though, and in my story of that family that is what the family believe happened.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 4:39 AM
A memorable death (because I didn't know it could happen) was when a nanny went swimming - in a pool that had no ladder. I didn't think a sim would do that. But a nanny did...when she died, I had a child call for another nanny -- who did the same thing! Yes, I LET the stupid old things die.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#19 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 7:57 AM
@grammapat -I would in a case like that have added ladders and the slides and diving boards get apcked away before ladders get removed and slides are next with the last thing to get packed away for the season beng the pool's ladders.I alwys check if using a premade house from the bin for things like that and like missing back doors before any family is moved into the house.I don't check my own bin houses like that since I would most likley be missing slides or civing boards and have only ladders if nothing else in a pool and mine often are missing a stove as it might be inexpert cooks living in the house.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 7:25 PM
I've never had a sim die by fright or flies. Oddly my most common death has to be electrocution. And I hate it...God the screams... Last night one of my favorite sims got electrocuted to death while repairing a computer, I was so upset and distraught ;0; Easily one of the more gruesome ones.

And you may ask yourself, "Am I right? Am I wrong?"
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 7:35 PM
Oh i've never had a sim die by flies either. I've cheated just to see what it looked like though.

My Simblr
He/They
Forum Resident
#22 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 5:13 AM
AndrewGloria, I'm sorry about your mother.

The most unusual deaths I've had were 1 fatal lightning strike suffered by a sim meditating in her front yard while waiting for the carpool. She was in platinum, I wanted her to be still in platinum a few sim hours later. The weather was clear, but I hit triple speed and I suppose a storm blew in with lightning before I could see it render. She lived alone, so no one on hand to plead for her to the Grim Reaper. I've had a few other sims hit by lightning but that was the only fatal strike.

Twice by satellite. I've never used a mod to increase the chances either. Oh well. And the second time was when I learned it could happen on an owned business lot. Borkitude ensued.

Finally, I set up a Long Hallway of Filth to try to see death by flies. Eventually, after much trudging back and forth, the hapless sim got swarmed. I didn't use a cheat as such, but it really wasn't natural either.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 5:38 AM
Don't all deaths, technically, happen from starvation? Except old age, of coarse. Even fire & drowning--which is SOOOO stupid! And I wish SIms could die of grief. I once had a family give some of their pets to the pound, and one man ran crying after the car that took them...I felt so BAD! But the next day he had forgotten all about it..they do the same if a spouse or child dies...again, just WRONG!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#24 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 3:06 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 17th Jun 2022 at 3:23 PM.
^ Not if they're eaten by a cowplant, crushed by a satellite, and there's old age too. Fire is technically a mood-drop, but they will die eventually (if not put out) even if you try to keep their needs up with cheats.
Scholar
#25 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 4:41 PM
I just had Beowulf Beaker die from heatstroke--I don't think I've ever had that happen before. I have back-to-back summer in Strangetown, and he was sleeping in the hammock because he wanted to see a ghost, which was haunting that night, and I thought he might have more luck if he was outside. He overheated and became unresponsive. I couldn't wake him up or get his partner to douse him. Eventually, his needs got too low.

I am allowing resurrection in this playthrough, if someone has the wants and the money in the round following the death. Just last round, the youngest Grunt died in a fire caused by a lightning strike while at college. Absolutely no one, not even her family members (who could easily afford it) or the guy who had a crush on her, wanted to bring her back. I thought that was super sad.
Page 1 of 3