Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
Set the date on your PC to sometime before 2014 (I think that's when their signatures expired), I usually do 2010 for good measure, and it will allow you to run the installers.

=
this worked (and was so easy!) BUT!!!! then game would not launch. when tried to launch directly from disc got that same old "BLOCKED"

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Your game is not reading the 4GB patch - the memory says 2048 MB (did you patch the Bon Voyage EXE?). It's also low on texture memory - should be at least 4 GB, says 32 MB. I'd say no wonder it's crashing.

GraphicRulesMaker can help, unless you want to try fixing it manually (Not sure if there's a good tutorial on that).

=========
tec working on machine says I have 32GB RAM (yes I added sticks to this new computer)

Field Researcher
#28 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 2:24 PM
You don't launch the game from the disc... you launch it from the .exe that gets installed on your PC... usually there is an shortcut on your desktop of it... but you could install it by setting th time back?
Mad Poster
#29 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
=========
tec working on machine says I have 32GB RAM (yes I added sticks to this new computer)

Not the same - if the game log files reads 32 MB (not GB, the log file never says GB, it usually lists memory in either KB or MB), it's getting the wrong info from the Graphics settings. Doesn't matter how much RAM or VRAM your machine has available if the game thinks the machine only has a scrap of what it actually has.

The 32 MB issue is caused by the game not recognizing the graphic card - It defaults to the lowest possible settings, instead of recognizing that the card can handle the highest settings. This is fixed through the VideoCards and GraphicRules files (GRM or manual fix).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 11:46 AM Last edited by grammapat : 24th Jan 2023 at 2:00 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by KiraNettt
when it says that it didn't opened with admin rights... it says that when its opended without that... when I open it without admin rights it also says for me "C:\Users\kiran" you shouldnt click anything in the box... just directly type... did you right click on it and opended it as admin?

Have managed to load and patch all the discs. Loaded graphic rules maker and 4gb patch and game now loads; but hood flashing pink and game crashed when trying to enter lot. Free memory showing 2048 - so 4GB did NOT install. I've read all the stuff about this graphics issue and it's SO frustrating. But guess all I can do is try everything...
====YEA!
After 5 months, I am able to once again tell my minions to pee and eat!

Page 2 of 2